Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
    I certainly do think the 'idiots' are a minority. Don't you? Do you think the majority of our soldiers would do that?

I don't think the phrase "gitmoIZING" is proof of American torture.

We fly prisoners to secret prisons to talk to them, hence the name interrogate.

No, I do not believe we torture, I also don't believe we are the bad guys here, I also don't believe we are losing the war on terror and I don't believe Hizbollah is winning their war against Israel. Infact, I think they are getting slaughtered.

Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Where did the "few idiots in our armed services" get the electricution machine?

Why did Rumsfeld install talk of "gitmoIZING" abu-grab before installing leadership from Guantanamo?

Why do we fly prisoners to secret prisons and to saudi for interrigation?

Again, even you don't believe that the United States is not engaged in torture.
    I recall everyone speculating that binladen could be dead - should Bush be impeached for allegedley saying he might be dead?

Last I heard it was on DirecTV, which led Osama (who was supposed to be dead at that time according to the Bush administration) to "call in to question" his intelligence for suggesting that the media not show the Bin Laden tapes because of "secret hidden messages".
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    lol
    I'll take Halloween dress up any day over losing my head to a knife.
    You stated there "was no proof" americans tortured. You were obviously quite wrong. If you can't face the reality of this one issue I can't imagine how skewed your view of the overall situation is.
    That is funny.
    I also don't believe we are the bad guys here.
    Bad guys? This is not a cowboy movie.
    I recall everyone speculating that binladen could be dead - should Bush be impeached for allegedley saying he might be dead?
    lets just say we should not buy the propoganda from either side
    And I am equally shocked how skewed your views are on the 'rights' of terrorists. You and I simply don't agree on many things. I believe in killing the bad guys, you believe in talking to them while their bretheren cuts heads off and blows people up. Respect your posts, but you are wayyy out there.

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    You stated there "was no proof" americans tortured. You were obviously quite wrong. If you can't face the reality of this one issue I can't imagine how skewed your view of the overall situation is.
    Bad guys? This is not a cowboy movie.
    Many posters here post opinions on the americans being bad, I disagree - the finger pointing goes to who started this and that would be the terrorists. Now that we collectively are kicking the crap out of them, they want sympathy. Ain't gonna happen.
    It wasn't propoganda, no one knew where the 6'7" Muslim was.

lets just say we should not buy the propoganda from either side
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I still remember the Al Quiada member we found after letting Osama Slip away at Tora Bora, that we took to a secret location and "talked to". We "talked" to him until he admitted that Al Quiada was trained in Iraq. They put it in the inteligence estimate given to congress to justify the Iraq war, later we found out we "talked" to him so much he would have told us that his momma wears pink underpants just to get us to stop.
  12.    #792  
    Elect a new president.

Apologize to the world.

Close the secret prisions.

Try and convict or release all those we are holding.

Stop the practice of torture.

Demand that Israel pull out of Lebanon.

Demand that Lebanon take control and give them the help they need in order to do so.

Re-engage in the mid east peace process.
    It seems that your premise is that American actions are at the root of Islamic extremism.
    And I am equally shocked how skewed your views are on the 'rights' of terrorists. You and I simply don't agree on many things. I believe in killing the bad guys, you believe in talking to them while their bretheren cuts heads off and blows people up. Respect your posts, but you are wayyy out there.
    It's not a matter of rights to 'terrorists'. It's a matter of the quality of intelligence procured. Come on. You know better.
    Rights of terrorists? When we did convict any terrorists? Or do you just mean the ones in the robes that we threw in the back of the truck and flew to an undisclosed location, that still havent seen a trial?

And now you are saying that it is Da's views that are "wayyyyy out there" because he believes there has been torture of our detainees? And not just a nice "talking to"?
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    It seems that your premise is that American actions are at the root of Islamic extremism.
    Rediculous.

The question was what would I do?
  16.    #796  
    And now you are saying that it is Da's views that are "wayyyyy out there" because he believes there has been torture of our detainees? And not just a nice "talking to"?
    I know daT won't be surprised that I think he has a habit of assuming the worst allegations about American soldiers before they are proven. Or at least his writing reflects that.
    Many posters here post opinions on the americans being bad, I disagree - the finger pointing goes to who started this and that would be the terrorists. Now that we collectively are kicking the crap out of them, they want sympathy. Ain't gonna happen.
    On second thought, that IS the plot for a cowboy movie.
  18.    #798  
    Rediculous.

The question was what would I do?
    And if what you would do is aimed at the ending the violence then you must believe we are a large part of the cause.
    Not following you but, we shouldn't be worried about fighting terrorists and their rights.

Rights of terrorists? When we did convict any terrorists? Or do you just mean the ones in the robes that we threw in the back of the truck and flew to an undisclosed location, that still havent seen a trial?

Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I know daT won't be surprised that I think he has a habit of assuming the worst allegations about American soldiers before they are proven. Or at least his writing reflects that.
    Perhaps he believes the Pentagon, who claim the soldiers in question raped and murdered civillians and children, and planted rifles next to their bodies. But yes you're right, we'll wait for the verdict.