Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I disagree with you that a diplomatic effort must include Iran...
    May I suggest this article? (link)

As far as the diplomatic efforts, or lack thereof by the Bush administration, I think that neglect is a bad thing and has not caused but contributed to the current mess.
    I don't disagree with you, but I am pointing out that neglect is a form of diplomacy; it has a purpose.

Now I do sincerely hope they can realize their past mistakes and get their diplomatic act in order.
    "They" who?
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Agreed, but remember there has been accusations, but no proof that America has tortured.
    Even you dont believe that.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    It would only take half the assistance we give to Israel in order to pursuade and help Lebanon to take control, and build some of the same peace and prosperity we've helped Israel to build.
    What type of assistence? The Lebanese president is a puppet for Syria. Syria along with Iran arms and funds Hezbollah. Hezbollah also has members in the Lebanese parliment.

Why must the US be responsible for bringing "peace and prosperity" to every country? Why cant some of the other oil rich arab countrys kick in alittle? When will it be time for some of these arab nations to look in the mirror and stop blaming all their problems on the U.S. and Israel? When will these arab nations accept Israels right to exist, and not allow their country to be a launching pad for terrorist attacks in Israel?

Besides forcing a resolution to the Palestinian/Israel conflict, Im not really sure what the U.S. can do in the region.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    What? This makes no sense. A terrorist is a terrorist, regardless of perspective. Whats all this about 'to the extremists'? I don't consider palestinians as terrorists. I consider the palestinian terrorists as terrorists. That makes me an extremist?
    You've never watched fox news and then switched over to Al Jezeera have you?
    Agreed, but remember there has been accusations, but no proof that America has tortured.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    You can hold Americans to a standard equal to Egypt, Iran, Syrai, Jordan if you like. My America has a higher one.
    Well then my friend, we will never get anywhere if the U.S. is the only nation that has to adhere to certain standards and policies. Negotations with these countries must involve some type of give and take, and compromise. If Arab nations are unable to compromise then there will never be peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    What type of assistence? The Lebanese president is a puppet for Syria. Syria along with Iran arms and funds Hezbollah. Hezbollah also has members in the Lebanese parliment.

Why must the US be responsible for bringing "peace and prosperity" to every country? Why cant some of the other oil rich arab countrys kick in alittle? When will it be time for some of these arab nations to look in the mirror and stop blaming all their problems on the U.S. and Israel? When will these arab nations accept Israels right to exist, and not allow their country to be a launching pad for terrorist attacks in Israel?

Besides forcing a resolution to the Palestinian/Israel conflict, Im not really sure what the U.S. can do in the region.
    Whining that it's not fair that we have to take action will not change that fact that we do.

I can tell you from experience that Lebaneese people want the same thing the rest of us do, and that unlike what we hear on this board, and coming from W, they do not "hate freedom", or hate america.

They are jealous of the help and favortism we give to Israel.

The extremists are simply louder.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I would bet Islamic extremists have an equal and opposite version of your TRUTH.
    the truth only has one version. Any other interpretation is just an opinion.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Whining that it's not fair that we have to take action will not change that fact that we do.

I can tell you from experience that Lebaneese people want the same thing the rest of us do, and that unlike what we hear on this board, and coming from W, they do not "hate freedom", or hate america.

They are jealous of the help and favortism we give to Israel.

The extremists are simply louder.
    I ask again, what type of assistence are you talking about? You said it, so you must have an idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas

Well, the scapegoat.. i mean culprit could have snuck in her own electricuting machine from home.
    I'll take Halloween dress up any day over losing my head to a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas

I ask again, what type of assistence are you talking about? You said it, so you must have an idea.
    Sure, we help them rebuild the damage done by this war in exchange for doing what we ask with respect to the southern border.
    I'll take Halloween dress up any day over losing my head to a knife.
    Again holding Americans to the same standard as terrorists.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Sure, we help them rebuild the damage done by this war in exchange for doing what we ask with respect to the southern border.
    More specifics about the border please..Are you talking about disarming Hezbollah, cutting of their weapon supplies from Syria, preventing Hezbollah from ever invading Israel again. Because if you are, Lebanon already said this will never happen.

One more thing, the Lebanese were going about their lives just fine until Hezbollah invaded Israel, probably by the instruction of Iran.
    More specifics about the border please..Are you talking about disarming Hezbollah, cutting of their weapon supplies from Syria, preventing Hezbollah from ever invading Israel again. Because if you are, Lebanon already said this will never happen.

One more thing, the Lebanese were going about their lives just fine until Hezbollah invaded Israel, probably by the instruction of Iran.
    Never? Or never with George W?
    There is a complete difference with a few idiots in our armed services playing dress up with terrorist to the concerted efforts of terrorist to mame, torture and kill innocent people. Americans don't condone torture, terrorists do.

Again holding Americans to the same standard as terrorists.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Never? Or never with George W?
    You guys really need to get over the George Bush thing. Blaming him for everything is just crazy. Hezbollah was around and infected all parts of Lebanese society long before he came to power.
    You've never watched fox news and then switched over to Al Jezeera have you?
    Can you get al jazzera here in the US?
    There is a complete difference with a few idiots in our armed services playing dress up with terrorist to the concerted efforts of terrorist to mame, torture and kill innocent people. Americans don't condone torture, terrorists do.
    Where did the "few idiots in our armed services" get the electricution machine?

Why did Rumsfeld install talk of "gitmoIZING" abu-grab before installing leadership from Guantanamo?

Why do we fly prisoners to secret prisons and to saudi for interrigation?

Again, even you don't believe that the United States is not engaged in torture.
    Can you get al jazzera here in the US?
    Last I heard it was on DirecTV, which led Osama (who was supposed to be dead at that time according to the Bush administration) to "call in to question" his intelligence for suggesting that the media not show the Bin Laden tapes because of "secret hidden messages".