Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I know we all assume Israel has nuc weapons, but is it verified? Also, has Israel ever threatened to use them?

That's funny.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Because you just asked how to achieve world peace.

I can tell you how NOT to achieve world peace, and it begins with "kill them all".
    So you have no plan except for do nothing and hope? Its easy to criticize Israel, especially when you cant offer an alternative. Just saying "ceasefire" isnt going to cure anything.
    I'm not for the destruction of nations or even the leaders of nations, I am for the destruction of terrorism.
    Terrorism is a tactic. How would you destroy it?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas

That's funny.

Im still waiting on your point for you bringing it up?

Other countries with nukes......
    US, Russia, India, Pakistan, China, North Korea, UK, France (scariest of them all). Is it only Israel your worried about?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Im still waiting on your point for you bringing it up?

Other countries with nukes......
    US, Russia, India, Pakistan, China, North Korea, UK, France (scariest of them all). Is it only Israel your worried about?
    Besides the U.S., who, in you list, is actively engaged militarily?

Also, the continued denial by Israel that they don't have nuclear weapons is worrisome to me.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Besides the U.S., who, in you list, is actively engaged militarily?

Also, the continued denial by Israel that they don't have nuclear weapons is worrisome to me.
    hmmm, lets see....Russian forces have murdered and raped their way through Chechyna, North Korea just fired a couple of test rockets, France and the UK have troops in Afghanistan, and Pakistan and India are always threatning each other with Nuclear War.

I would like to add to your question, what country on the list was just attacked?
    Agreed they have them. Have they ever threatened to use them? I don't think they have. They have them for defensive measures, much like ourselves.

That's funny.

I disagree, b/c the terrorists are be legitimized by the common mideast people. So to ignore will let it grow.

Nope, you didn't get the point.

To the palestinian & lebanese extremists, the Zionists are the terrorists. To the Israili & American extremists, the palestinians are the terrorists.

We must ignore the extremists.
    You kill the people that are using this tactic.

Terrorism is a tactic. How would you destroy it?
    So you have no plan except for do nothing and hope? Its easy to criticize Israel, especially when you cant offer an alternative. Just saying "ceasefire" isnt going to cure anything.
    I think do nothing and hope was the Bush stance, more specifically, i think i said "sit on his hands". You cannot completely refuse to engage in the middle east peace process for 6 years, while funding Israel, and torturing muslims in secret prisions around the world, then act surprised as you stand by and watch world War III unfold before your eyes.

If he didn't expect it, he's the only one.
    Agreed they have them. Have they ever threatened to use them? I don't think they have. They have them for defensive measures, much like ourselves.
    Having a nuclear weapons program is by default a threat to use it.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I think do nothing and hope was the Bush stance, more specifically, i think i said "sit on his hands". You cannot completely refuse to engage in the middle east peace process for 6 years, while funding Israel, and torturing muslims in secret prisions around the world, then act surprised as you stand by and watch world War III unfold before your eyes.

If he didn't expect it, he's the only one.
    Does the Arab world share any of the blame, or is it all the West and Bush's fault?
    Unless they are Christian, white, engaged in "collateral damage" or otherwise on our side.
    So you see you will never destroy terrorism.

There must be some other way to achieve what I think your goal is; that people will not feel the need to use terrorist tactics.
    Does the Arab world share any of the blame, or is it all the West and Bush's fault?
    All those who share the view of "killing them all" share in the blame.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    All those who share the view of "killing them all" share in the blame.
    so your idea is what?
    So you see you will never destroy terrorism.

There must be some other way to achieve what I think your goal is; that people will not feel the need to use terrorist tactics.
    There is. It is called capitulation.
    Eight Israeli citizens were killed today in rocket attacks. I wonder if their bodies will be paraded as part of the PRPRPR $effort$? $I$ $suspect$ $not$.
    so your idea is what?
    Elect a new president.

Apologize to the world.

Close the secret prisions.

Try and convict or release all those we are holding.

Stop the practice of torture.

Demand that Israel pull out of Lebanon.

Demand that Lebanon take control and give them the help they need in order to do so.

Re-engage in the mid east peace process.
    Quote Originally Posted by impish
    And you think neglecting isn't diplomacy?
    Today on NPR I have heard about a concerted European effort, putting tremendous pressure on Syria to control Hezbollah and, indeed, today Syria announced that it will ask Hezbollah to stop its rockets once a ceasefire is declared.
    In addition, as I have mentioned before, a UN resolution already exists, and efforts are being made daily in diplomacy. We also have to keep in mind that wars (certainly this one!) are symptoms of other issues. Iran has declared a war on Israel prior to this war and, since Hezbollah is considered an extensional-arm of Iran, diplomatic effort must include Iran.
    I disagree with you that a diplomatic effort must include Iran. Hezbollah cannot operate without Syria allowing them to move supplies through their country into Lebanon. I think we should focus on Syria, and try to split them off from their alliance with Iran. Syria is Sunni and secular oriented, not Shiite and fundamentalist like Iran, so their alliance is one of convenience rather than rooted in deep cultural and religious traditions.

As far as the diplomatic efforts, or lack thereof by the Bush administration, I think that neglect is a bad thing and has not caused but contributed to the current mess. The damage control by the EU and UN are nothing compared to what a concerted effort by the US could have acheived.

However, I do not blame laziness or lack of interest, or distraction with the war in Iraq as the sole reasons of the lack of diplomatic effort by the Bush administration. The Bush administration's previous policies has tied its hands to a large extent as to what it could or could not do diplomatically.

If you have a doctrine that says screw the rest of the world, I'm going to invade who I want to invade, it really limits what you can expect from other countries. Leadership begins by example, and unfortunately what the Bush administration has done is set a poor example to the rest of the world and consequently demonstrate poor leadership.

Now I do sincerely hope they can realize their past mistakes and get their diplomatic act in order.