Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
    How so? I was thinking of Al Quada, Hamas, Hizbollah, previous PLO factions.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Um, this goes to show your lack of understanding of terrorism.
    How do you get a terrorist group to agree never to fire a weapon, kidnap an Israeli, etc? The plan is activated b/c of terrorists killing.

Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Yeah, that's the point, it's a pretty stupid plan for peace. Luckily its one held only by extremists.
    I know we all assume Israel has nuc weapons, but is it verified? Also, has Israel ever threatened to use them?

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Given that Israel has nuclear weapons, this statement disturbs me.
    Yeah, didn't you ever see Boyz in the Hood?
    great movie
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yeah, that's the point, it's a pretty stupid plan for peace. Luckily its one held only by extremists.
    Unfortunately, the extemists run the countries (Iranian leader called for Israels destruction again today), run the schools, run the news agencies, and are the religious leaders in the arab world.
    How do you get a terrorist group to agree never to fire a weapon, kidnap an Israeli, etc? The plan is activated b/c of terrorists killing.
    How do you get the murduring Zionists to agree never to fire a weapon, kidnap our brothers, etc? The plan is activated b/c of the land stealing terrorists killing.
    Case in point.

As long as we listen to the extremists, we will never have peace.
    I'm not for the destruction of nations or even the leaders of nations, I am for the destruction of terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Unfortunately, the extemists run the countries (Iranian leader called for Israels destruction again today), run the schools, run the news agencies, and are the religious leaders in the arab world.
    I get your point that Israel is the 'terrorist' and Hizbollah, Palestinians are the victims. We disagree, don't think we'll ever find anything to agree on here.

Case in point.

As long as we listen to the extremists, we will never have peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Condie's trip was more a show for the American public and the world that we are 'trying' to do something. In reality this problem has been neglected diplomatically by the Bush administration.
    And you think neglecting isn't diplomacy?
    Today on NPR I have heard about a concerted European effort, putting tremendous pressure on Syria to control Hezbollah and, indeed, today Syria announced that it will ask Hezbollah to stop its rockets once a ceasefire is declared.
    In addition, as I have mentioned before, a UN resolution already exists, and efforts are being made daily in diplomacy. We also have to keep in mind that wars (certainly this one!) are symptoms of other issues. Iran has declared a war on Israel prior to this war and, since Hezbollah is considered an extensional-arm of Iran, diplomatic effort must include Iran.
    You have stated (correctly, in my opinion), that "I do approve of Israel fighting back. There gets to a point where war helps the diplomacy, and there is another point where war hurts the diplomacy."
    Last edited by impish; 08/03/2006 at 10:38 AM.
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    How bout the hezbollah policy that "every jew must die"
    Yeah, how is that working out?
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    How so? I was thinking of Al Quada, Hamas, Hizbollah, previous PLO factions.
    IRA?
  12.    #712  
    I get your point that Israel is the 'terrorist' and Hizbollah, Palestinians are the victims. We disagree, don't think we'll ever find anything to agree on here.
    Not as long as you insist on being a moral objectivist.
    IRA could slightly be compared to the Palestinians, but this does not explain Al Quada, but the biggest hole in your comparison was the IRA was never out to kill you.

IRA?
    Nope, you didn't get the point.

To the palestinian & lebanese extremists, the Zionists are the terrorists. To the Israili & American extremists, the palestinians are the terrorists.

We must ignore the extremists.
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    IRA could slightly be compared to the Palestinians, but this does not explain Al Quada, but the biggest hole in your comparison was the IRA was never out to kill you.
    What were they doing then with those car bombs?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yeah, how is that working out?
    They are trying their hardest, after all, they might have just started WW3.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Nope, you didn't get the point.

To the palestinian & lebanese extremists, the Zionists are the terrorists. To the Israili & American extremists, the palestinians are the terrorists.

We must ignore the extremists.
    Again I ask, what do you do when the extemists are the ones running the countries that call for Israels destruction while funding the terrorist group that are actively trying to do just that.
    Again I ask, what do you do when the extemists are the ones running the countries that call for Israels destruction while funding the terrorist group that are actively trying to do just that.
    Extremists abound Tom, and all of them are not arabs.

But to answer your question "what do you do about the extremsits", if you are the Bush administration, you ignore the peace process for 6 years, then sit on your hands while "WW3" unfolds.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Extremists abound Tom, and all of them are not arabs.

But to answer your question "what do you do about the extremsits", if you are the Bush administration, you ignore the peace process for 6 years, then sit on your hands while "WW3" unfolds.
    Besides the usual Bush complaint, you have still failed to answer the question.
    Besides the usual Bush complaint, you have still failed to answer the question.
    Because you just asked how to achieve world peace.

I can tell you how NOT to achieve world peace, and it begins with "kill them all".