Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    For drunk driving maybe. But this is still America after all. Everyone's got a right to his opinion.
    If someone feels "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world" like Mel Gibson apparantly does, then I do not have any problem criticising him with an old yiddish saying. By the way, it is not meant literally, but as a statement of dislike, such as take a hike, or shove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Now THAT is irony!
    Why so?
    Quote Originally Posted by impish
    Why so?
    You're referring to the composer Richard Wagner right?
  4.    #624  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    If someone feels "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world" like Mel Gibson apparantly does, then I do not have any problem criticising him with an old yiddish saying. By the way, it is not meant literally, but as a statement of dislike, such as take a hike, or shove it.
    I know, I was just being a k'vetsh.
    You're referring to the composer Richard Wagner right?
    Yes. I enjoy his music NOT his opinions. Appreciation for fine arts can be a double-sward endeavor.
    Quote Originally Posted by impish
    Yes. I enjoy his music NOT his opinions. Appreciation for fine arts can be a double-sward endeavor.
    That's why I thought is was SO IRONIC given the issue of the artist/artist's opinions AND the topic of this thread. Perhaps TomUps is more accurate than I give him credit.

That's why I thought is was SO IRONIC given the issue of the artist/artist's opinions AND the topic of this thread. Perhaps TomUps is more accurate than I give him credit.

Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I know, I was just being a k'vetsh.
    Thats the way we all are here on off-topics, always kvetching and never verklempt!
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Thats the way we all are here on off-topics, always kvetching and never verklempt!
    And it's a kvetchy spin on an otherwise tense subject. Le'chaim! (Hebrew or Yiddish?)
    Last edited by impish; 08/01/2006 at 09:49 AM.
    I think Mel was channeling Saddam:

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    From CNN.........

"ABC, in announcing the cancellation of the Holocaust project, said in a short statement that since "it has been nearly two years and we have yet to see the first draft of a script, we have decided to no longer pursue this project with Icon."

Big surprise.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Who agrees with this line of thinking, in reference to the Lebanese civilians deaths?

"Until civilians ........ until those civilians start paying a price for propping up these kinds of regimes, itís not going to end, folks.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Who agrees with this line of thinking, in reference to the Lebanese civilians deaths?
    Not sure who made it, but it sounds like Bill O'Reilly. Unforuntanely, the Lebanese are paying the price for Hezbollah using their homes as rocket launcher sites. Basically Hezbollah is using them as human shields.
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Not sure who made it, but it sounds like Bill O'Reilly. Unforuntanely, the Lebanese are paying the price for Hezbollah using their homes as rocket launcher sites. Basically Hezbollah is using them as human shields.
    Do you agree with it or not. I did not ask who it was. Yes or No?
    It's Limbaugh. What a dumba$$. That's exactly Al Queda's rational behind 9-11 and other terrorist acts.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Do you agree with it or not. I did not ask who it was. Yes or No?
    Ok, calm down......I dont want to see any civilians die. However, sadly, civilians deaths have to be expected during a war. They are unavoidable.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    It's Limbaugh. What a dumba$$.
    Dont worry to much about Limbaugh, its all the drugs talking.

That's exactly Al Queda's rational behind 9-11 and other terrorist acts.
    An ofcourse Hezbollah, they want to kill every jew on the planet. Man, woman, and child.
    Last edited by TomUps; 08/02/2006 at 12:39 PM.
    Ok, calm down......I dont want to see any civilians die. However, sadly, civilians deaths have to be expected during a war. They are unavoidable.
    Now wait a sec. Are we gonna allow civilian deaths for Israel which has full access to the most precise missle and bomb weaponry on the planet but not allow civilian deaths for Hezbollah whose BEST military technology is a glorified hobby rocket with a large grenade on the front and has the accuracy of a sling shot?
    An ofcourse Hezbollah, they want to kill every jew on the planet. Man, woman, and child.
    Oh yea, I forgot about that. Hope they don't join forces with Mel.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Now wait a sec. Are we gonna allow civilian deaths for Israel which has full access to the most precise missle and bomb weaponry on the planet but not allow civilian deaths for Hezbollah whose BEST military technology is a glorified hobby rocket with a large grenade on the front and has the accuracy of a sling shot?
    Who said that? I didnt. However, Even you must admit to the hypocrisy of the world when they cry over Israel killing civilians in Lebanon, while Hezbollah fires its rockets at civilians in Israel. Wheres the outrage over that? Come on Dat, you can see it.

By the way, that glorified hobby rocket killed another today.