Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
  1.    #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    For perspective, here's a map of the areas of Beirut targeted by Israel.

More from another source:
    Quote Originally Posted by impish
    Hitler was diagnosed as bipolar as well (link1), (link2). I always thought it wasn't his fault for murdering millions.
    Am I missing anything?
    Yea, sure. Read what you link to please.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Um, bottom line is he killed people for being Jewish in a country you last week proclaimed safe for jews.

Why do you think he bipolar? Have you interrogated him? Im not sure him being bipolar would explain his anti-semitism. Is it so hard for you to believe there is a large amount of muslims in the world (and in our country) who want to see all jews dead?

Can you imagine the outrage if it was the other way around?
    If you want to see this as part of your persecution complex, please go right ahead. You may want to watch out for Mel Gibson too.

Decade of mental illness came to deadly climax
    These are some of the saddest images I've ever seen:

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    These are some of the saddest images I've ever seen
    I don't know about sad, but inappropriate. Israel made a statement about it - I don't mind it as much as a pix of the after effect of a suicide bomber.
    Last edited by Advance The Man; 07/30/2006 at 08:15 PM.
    Yea, sure. Read what you link to please.
    You have a way of ignoring the obvious and now the 'between-the-line' hints. OK, a quote: "So add three more names to your famous bipolar people list, with great reluctance if you must, but also bear in mind that an illness alone cannot account for all of our actions and achievements, whether painting the Sistine Chapel or invading Poland." And I add one more, the guy from Seattle.
    And if my point is still blurry (my entire post was sarcastic, including the links), bipolar isn't a mind-disabling disease that controls calculated plans. One needs to have a deep-rooted hatred to kill on anti-Semitic grounds.
    Last edited by impish; 07/30/2006 at 04:36 PM.
    Did daThomas just say that Jews have a persecution complex (therefore implying that it's not real or something made up in their heads)?

daThomas, which alternate reality are you living in.

Persecution fact is more like it. When Jews (and Christians) are killed, it's played down, but when it's Muslim, then it's a big deal.

(I think it's a big deal on both sides.)

But I don't see people in the streets screaming (and acting on) the "Kill all the Arabs/Muslims.", but rather "Kill all the Jews/Americans/etc."

This is a fundamental difference between the groups.

There is no "Jewish boogeyman" or "American boogeyman" - they are just invented foils used by tryrannical zealots to whip up the masses into a frenzy.

Now you might say that there is no "Muslim/Arab/Persian Boogeyman" either, but the facts do show that there is a large faction that wants to kill all "infidels". And the "mainstream" Muslim/Arabs/etc. do very little to speak out (or more importantly, turn in) the violent factions.

The sad thing in all of this is the Iran will get nukes and blow them up in Israel and in America. That will likely happen within 10 years. After that, several countries in the Middle East will become parking lots and a lot of innocent people will suffer. (this may be averted, but only through some serious military action).

And all the rest of the world will moan "oh, this is so sad...how could this happen...blah blah blah."

Have to hand it to Iran.....they are crazy like a fox and doing a good job as puppetmaster. But those strings will be clipped soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    The sad thing in all of this is the Iran will get nukes and blow them up in Israel and in America. That will likely happen within 10 years.
    Iran may be anywhere from 18 months to 10 years of developing their own nuke, depending on what report or analysis you read.

But in reality they are within 24 hours of obtaining a nuke, if they get the money strapped NK to sell just one of theirs 5-8 nukes.
    Quote Originally Posted by impish
    You have a way of ignoring the obvious and now the 'between-the-line' hints. OK, a quote: "So add three more names to your famous bipolar people list, with great reluctance if you must, but also bear in mind that an illness alone cannot account for all of our actions and achievements, whether painting the Sistine Chapel or invading Poland." And I add one more, the guy from Seattle.
    And if my point is still blurry (my entire post was sarcastic, including the links), bipolar isn't a mind-disabling disease that controls calculated plans. One needs to have a deep-rooted hatred to kill on anti-Semitic grounds.
    No. Bipolar disorder is a mind-disabling disease not to mention the sleep deprivation psychosis. No one is minimizing the horror of this act nor the fact that this man had no love for Israel, however, had he not suffered from BAD then this event would have not happened and it need to be looked at in that context.

If any good were to come out of this even it would be to focus on the chronically menatally ill and what can be done to help treat them and help their families help them.
    Did daThomas just say that Jews have a persecution complex (therefore implying that it's not real or something made up in their heads)?
    Nope, I said TomUps has a persecution complex. Keep it straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I don't know about sad, but inappropriate. Israel made a statement about it - I don't mind it as much as a pix of the after effect of a suicide bomber.
    Guess you don't see how the two are dance partners?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Nope, I said TomUps has a persecution complex. Keep it straight.
    A truly disgusting comment. Please dont assume you know anything about me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    A truly disgusting comment. Please dont assume you know anything about me.
    Not trying to be disgusting, just a bit snarky.
    Guess you don't see how the two are dance partners?
    The least concerns in the mideast right now are three 11 year olds writing 3rd grade humor on bombs. It's a non-story, if the NY Times could somehow link these three girls to Bush, they would.
    No. Bipolar disorder is a mind-disabling disease not to mention the sleep deprivation psychosis. No one is minimizing the horror of this act nor the fact that this man had no love for Israel, however, had he not suffered from BAD then this event would have not happened and it need to be looked at in that context.

If any good were to come out of this even it would be to focus on the chronically menatally ill and what can be done to help treat them and help their families help them.
    Will you have a reason for each and every bad guy? I'm thinking the support you have for Hizbollah, maybe you think Saddam should be released, bin Laden get a piece of land somewhere - do you think America should be fighting at all? Should we allow terror to exist in todays society? What is your plan for this mess? btw, very serious question - really want to understand what is inside your head and if you have ideas to solve not just criticize.

To blame the killings of Jews (a unique group of people) at a JCC (a uniquely Jewish place), of an apparent premeditated crime, on a bipolar disorder is a far stretch. I brought this to your attention since you have dismissed this crime as an anti-semitic act. Your definition of a mind-disabling disease as in planning and executing a crime, or being anti-semitic, is obviously different than mine. That the man was bipolar I do not dispute, mind you, but that he somehow did not know what he was doing or that his anti-semitic feelings did not guide him, vs. being "pulled" by his bipolar-ism to do such act, that I dispute.

I agree all heartedly that we all need to be akin to the mentally ills among us and treat them properly.
    Last edited by impish; 07/30/2006 at 08:41 PM.
    daThomas, you need to keep it honest.

The post you replied to from TomUps was not about his (TomUps) persecution complex.

You were being a smart-aleck trying to make a off-handed comment on a serious issue.

Me thinks you suffer from AW syndrome.

Snarky? Uh, right.
    * Regarding the UN post's unfortunate tragedy:
    "Report: Hezbollah used UN post as cover prior to deadly attack... Messages sent by the Canadian UNIFIL officer killed in the Israel Air Force attack on a UN post in Lebanon last week indicate that Hezbollah had been firing rockets at Israel from a location near the post "on a daily basis" prior to the IAF attack...

"Several days before his death, Major Paeta Hess-von Kruedener sent an email in which he wrote: "We have on a daily basis had numerous occasions where our position has come under direct or indirect fire from both artillery and aerial bombing. The closest artillery has landed within 2 meters of our position and the closest 1000lb aerial bomb has landed 100 meters from our patrol base. This has not been deliberate targeting, but has rather been due to tactical necessity...

"Canadian media interpreted the message as an insinuation that Hezbollah had been using the UN post or its surroundings as a shield for launching Katyusha rockets at Israel...

"The information supplied by the Canadian officer stands in contradiction to the explanations given by UN members in New York, who claimed that the Israel Air Force had attacked the UN post for no apparent reason, and that Hezbollah had not been operating in the area..." (link)

* And regarding the horrible tragedy in Qana: MK Sarid's article is interesting (link). Surely it is an awful event. MK Sarid is pointing out that Israel has warned all southern Lebanon's residents to flea since Hezbollah was using them as a shield (150 rockets were fired from Qana), and he's asking a simple yet candid question: When has Hezbollah warned Israeli civilians to flea before an attack?
    Last edited by impish; 07/30/2006 at 09:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Will you have a reason for each and every bad guy? I'm thinking the support you have for Hizbollah, maybe you think Saddam should be released, bin Laden get a piece of land somewhere - do you think America should be fighting at all? Should we allow terror to exist in todays society? What is your plan for this mess? btw, very serious question - really want to understand what is inside your head and if you have ideas to solve not just criticize.
    Really. The guy was just sick.

The solution to the issue is justice. If you can understand or accept the injustices, you can begin to work on them. To view the situation through a lens of religious factions fighting each other ONLY because they are different religious factions is simplistic and wrong.
    daThomas, you need to keep it honest.

The post you replied to from TomUps was not about his (TomUps) persecution complex.

You were being a smart-aleck trying to make a off-handed comment on a serious issue.

Me thinks you suffer from AW syndrome.

Snarky? Uh, right.
    It was in regards to his repeated comments of the need of a country for a religious group as the rest of the world is not safe for people of that religious faith. The Seattle incident happened after that discussion had begun and he held it up as an example. I stated why it was not such and he continued to insist so I suggested he beware Mel Gibson as well.

Smart-aleck? Yes, I said I was being snarky.

What's "AW syndrome"?