Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    "Lebanon" is not a state that controls all of its territory. Southern Lebanon is a state in a state.

Besides, Israel has invaded Lebanon and occupied the south for years. It cost many lives on both sides, but did little or nothing to stop attacks on Israel. Why should it be better this time?
    Possibly because Lebanon isn't as much of a Syrian pawn as it once was.
    As a sovereign state Lebanon is responsible for all within their boundaries. They have not supported a UN sanctioned non-armed Hezbollah. If Lebanon won't police their own country, Israel will.

"Lebanon" is not a state that controls all of its territory. Southern Lebanon is a state in a state.

Besides, Israel has invaded Lebanon and occupied the south for years. It cost many lives on both sides, but did little or nothing to stop attacks on Israel. Why should it be better this time?
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    It could be argued that, Isreal targets ......... civilians as well.
    Anyone know why Israel attacked the Beruit airport?
    Anyone know why Israel attacked the Beruit airport?
    Hezbollah has ammunition, missiles, supplies, etc flown in from Iran to this airport.

The UN has issued a resolution demanding Lebanon to disarm Hezbollah. Instead they have let Iran supply them with thousands of missiles that can reach a long ways into Isreal.
    Anyone know why Israel attacked the Beirut airport?
    ATM is correct that this airport is known to be a main supply line for missiles and support coming from Iran. This is also why they bombed the highway to Beirut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    As a sovereign state Lebanon is responsible for all within their boundaries. They have not supported a UN sanctioned non-armed Hezbollah. If Lebanon won't police their own country, Israel will.
    Lebanon is hesitant to rein in Hezbollah in the south because it will lead to another Lebanese Civil War. I think they would rather take their chances with Israeli bombings hoping that this may "blow over".
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    So if you were the Israeli Prime Minister, you would give land to a government run by a world wide recognized terrorist organization thats bent on your destruction. This new land would enable hamas to bring it rockets closer to Israeli borders and cause the death of more of your citizens. If that was your decision you would be the worst PM in the history of Israel.
    If I were PM of Israel, I would have accepted a long time ago that there is no way around a Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza. I would have supported the building of schools, hospitals, infrastructure, economic development etc. there, instead of letting Hamas come to power by doing these things. This would have decreased hatred and violence a long time ago, and the way would now be open for a solution, instead of the total mess we have now. Hamas is the product of Israeli occupation and suppression of the Palestinians (granted, also the product of PLO and Fatah corruption).

Of course the Palestinians have certainly not acted in a reasonable, humane or fair way most of the time, but clearly, Israel is the strong part in the conflict, they control the situation (except for relatively minor events like the kidnapping of soldiers), so they have more options.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    ...but clearly, Israel is the strong part in the conflict, they control the situation (except for relatively minor events like the kidnapping of soldiers), so they have more options.
    And I'm sure that if we had rockets fired into American cities on a regular basis, you'd say that was "relatively minor" too, right?

I wonder if your views would change if someone close to you was killed by one of those relatively minor rocket attacks.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Israel is the strong part in the conflict, they control the situation (except for relatively minor events like the kidnapping of soldiers), so they have more options.
    Wow, what an unbelievable statement. Lets look at some of the minor actions of Hamas and Hezbolah (and we can throw in Islamic Jihad and Fatah who are all funded by Iran and Syria).

1. Blowing up children in resturants
    2. Blowing up buses filled with civilians
    3. Firing rockets at civilian targets like schools
    4. invading Israels (hezbolah) northern border.
    5. Failure of the palestinian goverment to recognize Israels right to exist
    6. Kidnapping of soldiers

Yeah, all minor to you I guess. Not minor to the families of dead Israelis. Your right, you would make an incredible PM.

With Iran and Syria now threatning action, this can spiral out of control pretty easily. If it came to that, atleast we know Israel would do the right thing and eliminate for the world Irans nuclear capabilities once and for all.

If I were PM of Israel, I would have accepted a long time ago that there is no way around a Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza.
    That ofcourse is what the Israeli governement has accepted, unforunately, the same cant be said about the Palestinian goverment.
    Last edited by TomUps; 07/14/2006 at 07:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by awerry
    I wonder if your views would change if someone close to you was killed by one of those relatively minor rocket attacks.
    Israeli or Palestinian rockets?
    Palestian. There would never be an Israeli rocket if not provoked. Israel is even kind enough to drop leaflets in areas they will be bombing. Palestians don't do the same. In fact they also dress up in a bomb suit and blow up cafes, buses, etc.

Am I detecting a bit of antisemitism views from the left on this board? I hope not, because the fact is Hezbollah and Hamas stepped in it and it's up to them to clean up this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Blaze, if you read the post, Clulup claimed palestinian offenses were a minor action. Ofcourse that minor action killed a woman yesterday in her apartment. Once again, Is Israel not allowed to defend itself? You do realize, a couple of days ago Israel was invaded by a foreign army that operates saftely within the borders of a neighboring country. Can you imagine if that happened here? Would the US standby and do nothing? I think not.
    Last edited by TomUps; 07/14/2006 at 09:43 AM.
    Palestian. There would never be an Israeli rocket if not provoked. Israel is even kind enough to drop leaflets in areas they will be bombing. Palestians don't do the same. In fact they also dress up in a bomb suit and blow up cafes, buses, etc.

Am I detecting a bit of antisemitism views from the left on this board? I hope not, because the fact is Hezbollah and Hamas stepped in it and it's up to them to clean up this mess.
    Anti semetic for suggesting that a Palestinian family might miss their loved one killed in the conflict as well?

Kindly refrain from calling me anti semetic again. Thanks.
    Can we calm down here a bit on all sides please?
    The antisemetism is beginning to show in world leaders (i.e. Kofi, Chirac). The Jewish State is allowed to exist. If Lebanon won't police inside their borders, Israel should claim the land as their own. And this time, no one should demand they give it back. Each time someone attacks Israel, Israel wins then the world demands Israel give it back. Viva Israel!

Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Anti semetic for suggesting that a Palestinian family might miss their loved one killed in the conflict as well?

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Palestinian family might miss their loved one killed in the conflict as well?
    No doubt, now when will the world acknowledge the same for the Israelis?
  18.    #58  
    I still go back to this: Israel made a concession for peace by withdrawing from the Strip. Wall or no wall, its something the Palestinians were asking for and Israel did. Did it result in increased security for Israel? No. Ever since they withdrew from Gaza there have been rocket attacks on Israel... EVERY DAY! Then they start kidnapping soldiers, then Hizbollah wants to join in the kidnapping game. Now, by Israel's account, Iran wants to get in the game directly (they've always been in the game in the form of Hizbollah).

And tell me, even if you don't care about Israel, how does this relate to increased security for Palestinians?
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze
    Am I detecting a bit of antisemitism views from the left on this board?
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze
    theBlaze74

The antisemetism is beginning to show in world leaders (i.e. Kofi, Chirac). The Jewish State is allowed to exist. If Lebanon won't police inside their borders, Israel should claim the land as their own. And this time, no one should demand they give it back. Each time someone attacks Israel, Israel wins then the world demands Israel give it back. Viva Israel!
    I didn't see any world leaders on this board.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Im not accusing anyone here of being Anti-Semetic. However, you do have to question why for some, its ok for the Palestinians or even Hezbolah to suicide attack Israel, fire rockets into Israel, and invade Israel, but at the same time, Israel is not allowed to defend itself, protect its borders, and kill the enemy before it kills its own.

The worlds constant condemnation whenever Israel attacks is ALWAYS met by a defeaning silence whenever Israel is attacked. Same can be said about some members of this board who are so quick to jump on any offensive Israel makes. To some, the only explanation of this double standard is Anti-Semetism.
    Last edited by TomUps; 07/14/2006 at 11:09 AM.
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast