Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I feel the palestians were not represented during the time and creation of Isreal. Here read this google answer for me. Then tell me how you feel.
    So, again we see that its unwise to make deals with the Europeans.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Should we forget that Israelis are responding to an attack?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    I know all about the history of Israelis creation. Did you know the original mandate called for both a jewish state and an arab state? Did you know the arabs turned it down because they wanted it all?

Did you know a few days after Israel was created, six arab countries invaded?
    Did you know over 99% of the Middle East is Arab, and the jews make up less than 1%
    Did you know before the 1967 war there was no call for a sperate palestinian state? mainly because the Westbank and Gaza were part of Jordan.

Anyway, none of this really matters, because Israel will never allow its country to be divided in half. If thats the only solution, then the war goes on.
    Yep I knew most if not all of that, well besides there being no call for Palestine state pre 1967.

The war will most likely go on if it is left to the 2 warring factions. The UN is the one who should fix it, not to mention Germany and Britian. Seeing as how they are the ones who caused this problem in the first place. This is not an American problem and never has been.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    So, again we see that its unwise to make deals with the Europeans.
    Or any white man for that matter.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    One of the things I think is a good question is......The Palestinians have not had a national identity of self rule of unified culture for decades or centuries due to be ruled by a foreign gov or empire. Then one of the good things that I give Clinton positive credit for is his last ditch attempt at a peace agreement with Israel and Palestine. He offered Palestine over 90% of the land that they demanded was theirs. With the fact that they now have the closest thing to their own government in recent and not so recent history, it would have also solidified an opportunity to be their own identity as part of the agreement was Israel total withdraw from those lands. Israel agreed to the offer. Palestine refused claiming that it was not enough. They refused not because of the land offer and withdrawal but basically because their objection is removing Israel from the map with totality, not just their own independence.
    I think they would be a little more tempered this time around. Kinda like that old saying, "You don't know what you got, till you lose it.". I know some the demands that the Palestinians are making are unreasonable at best. But I would argue that they were ruled by unreasonable people. I would guarantee that if such a proposal were placed at the feet of the Palestinians again, and taken directly to Palestinian people, they would accept. But, what comes first the chicken or the egg? Does the replacement of land come first or a stable reasonable government come first. Or does the UN just carve it up as I proposed and spread democracy and freedom throughout the Palestinian state?
  6.    #26  
    Or any white man for that matter.
    Ouch! Well, the Brits came through for the Jews anyway. But, as we all know, they aren't EU-ropeans.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I feel the palestians were not represented during the time and creation of Isreal. Here read this google answer for me. Then tell me how you feel.
    I'm no expert, but my understanding is that there were no Palestinians to represent directly as an country. Palestine was a territory, and by agreement, this territory was divided up between Israel, Egypt, Syria and Jordan. So, you could say that the people who lived there at the time were represented by Egypt, Syria, and Jordan.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    The UN is the one who should fix it, not to mention Germany and Britian. Seeing as how they are the ones who caused this problem in the first place. This is not an American problem and never has been.
    Somehow I dont see Israel ever putting its future in the hands of Germany. Also there is no trust in Israel for the UN. Show me one resolution condemning any suicide attacks against Israel. Bet you can't.
  9.    #29  
    Yep I knew most if not all of that, well besides there being no call for Palestine state pre 1967.

The war will most likely go on if it is left to the 2 warring factions. The UN is the one who should fix it, not to mention Germany and Britian. Seeing as how they are the ones who caused this problem in the first place. This is not an American problem and never has been.
    You mean the same UN that waited until half a million Rwandans were killed before they would officially recognize that genocide was being committed and then dilly-dallied while another half million were killed?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Todays news is truely amazing. The Lebanese goverment is calling on Israel for a cease fire, but it says it cant stop Hezbolah from firing rockets from its own country. Typical Middle East response. "Israel please stop attacking us, but were allowed to attack you".
    Nothing but personal opinion....I think Iran is a major player in instigating an excuse to find justification to act on it's threat to "wipe Isreal off the map".

Hezbollah guerrillas, who are backed by Iran, seized the soldiers Wednesday in a cross-border raid. Israel has since attacked Lebanon by air and sea and has sent in troops to look for the captured soldiers.

Israel's foreign ministry said Thursday that Lebanese guerillas holding the two soldiers captive are trying to transfer them to Iran. Foreign Ministry spokesman Mark Regev did not disclose the source of his information.

Iran denied the suggestions, saying Jerusalem was "talking absurdities," Reuters reported.

"I strongly deny such reports," Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi said. "Because of its desperation and increasing isolation in the world and because of the tension and crisis created inside Israel, it is now talking absurdities."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,203253,00.html
  12.    #32  
    Todays news is truely amazing. The Lebanese goverment is calling on Israel for a cease fire, but it says it cant stop Hezbolah from firing rockets from its own country. Typical Middle East response. "Israel please stop attacking us, but were allowed to attack you".
    Just like Arafat claiming to want peace while his buddies were strapping bombs to illiterate Palestinians and sending them into shopping malls.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    You mean the same UN that waited until half a million Rwandans were killed before they would officially recognize that genocide was being committed and then dilly-dallied while another half million were killed?
    Right the same UN who created Israel.
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    They could always invite Israel into to help them with it.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Just like Arafat claiming to want peace while his buddies were strapping bombs to illiterate Palestinians and sending them into shopping malls.
    yeah, I forgot who said it, but the biggest problem with Clintons peace process plan was that..........

1. The Israeli leader at the time was assasinated.
    2. The Palestinian leader at the time was not.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Nothing but personal opinion....I think Iran is a major player in instigating an excuse to find justification to act on it's threat to "wipe Isreal off the map".
    Kind of like what I posted originally. If Hamas recognizes Israel and some sort of negotiations ensue then the surrounding Muslim world has no more beef with Israel. But, as we all know, its not about the Palestinians. Its about Jews having their own country in an otherwise Muslim world.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    They could always invite Israel into to help them with it.
    I think Israel will probably invite themselves in, since Lebanon wont do anything about it.
    The only solution would be the palestinians living in the Westbank and gaza, peacefully next to a soveriegn Israeli state.
    Exactly, but it is not going to happen as long as Israel keeps taking away more and more land in the West bank.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    How can Lebanon claim their innoncence when Hezbolah launches daily attacks and rockets from their territory?
    "Lebanon" is not a state that controls all of its territory. Southern Lebanon is a state in a state.

Besides, Israel has invaded Lebanon and occupied the south for years. It cost many lives on both sides, but did little or nothing to stop attacks on Israel. Why should it be better this time?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Exactly, but it is not going to happen as long as Israel keeps taking away more and more land in the West bank.
    So if you were the Israeli Prime Minister, you would give land to a government run by a world wide recognized terrorist organization thats bent on your destruction. This new land would enable hamas to bring it rockets closer to Israeli borders and cause the death of more of your citizens. If that was your decision you would be the worst PM in the history of Israel.

"Lebanon" is not a state that controls all of its territory. Southern Lebanon is a state in a state.
    So I guess thats Lebanons excuse. "Please dont attack us anymore, but hezbolah will continue to attack you from inside our borders, and theres nothing we can do about it". Sorry, Israel has a right to defend itself since the Lebanese governent cant clean up their own house.
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast