Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
  1.    #321  
    A different perspective:

As sad as I feel watching what is happening in Lebanon, it is absolutely necessary to support Israel to kill the cancer that has spread and is killing the Lebanese body. Israel is not targeting civilians. Israel is targeting terrorists. Israel has launched 3000 air strikes on Lebanon since the beginning of the Operation and inflicted only 122 casualties. If Israel's intention was to kill civilians you would have seen many more civilian deaths than only 122. They are being extremely careful, even dropping flyers and urging civilians to leave before they bomb. These casualties are terrorists and terrorist families and sympathizers.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    What is http://cedarmailer.com/? edit: nevermind still confused.

Also, does this person live in Lebanon?
    Last edited by NRG; 07/19/2006 at 06:00 PM.
  3.    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    What is http://cedarmailer.com/ ? Also, does this person live in Lebanon?
    I don't know. Try http://americancongressfortruth.com/

This person doesn't live in Lebanon now, she had to leave because of a Hizbullah fatwa. But she is Lebanese.
    I certainly hope you're not implying that I'm somehow prejudiced against Arabs.
    There are many reasons for the double standard, and for the conflict for that matter. Extreme nationalism, intolerance, ignorance, racsim, hatred, ethnocentrism, blind adherence to ideology. I wouldn't say any of those apply to you.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I don't know. Try http://americancongressfortruth.com/

This person doesn't live in Lebanon now, she had to leave because of a Hizbullah fatwa. But she is Lebanese.
    I read a little more.

Wonder if she has a chip on her shoulder?

We gather here today to share information and knowledge. Intelligence is not merely cold hard data about numerical strength or armament or disposition of military forces. The most important element of intelligence has to be understanding the mindset and intention of the enemy. The west has been wallowing in a state of ignorance and denial for thirty years as Muslim extremist perpetrated evil against innocent victims in the name of Allah. I was ten years old when my home exploded around me burying me under the rebel drinking my blood to survive as the perpetrators shouted Allahu Akbar. My only crime was that I was a Christian living in a Christian town. I learned at 10 years old the meaning of the word infidel. I had a crash course in survival not in girl scouts, but in a bomb shelter where I lived for seven years in pitch darkness, freezing cold, drinking stale water and eating grass to live. At the age of 13 I dressed in my burial clothes going to bed at night waiting to be slaughtered and by the age of 20 I had buried most of my friends who were killed by Muslims. We were not Americans living in New York, or Britons in London, we were Arab Christians living in Lebanon.
    Read more here .http://cedarmailer.com/americancongr...ils.asp?ID=394
  6.    #326  
    I read a little more.

Wonder if she has a chip on her shoulder?
    If she does, I'm sure she's not alone. As the guy in your post noted, most of Beirut, in fact most of Lebanon, is anti-Hizbullah. I don't doubt there are many people who don't like the Israeli shelling. But as I said before, Lebanon as a country allowed foreign powers to infiltrate its affairs and now they're paying the price. Hizbullah won't go quietly.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    NRG,
    Couple things about the blog reports you posted
    Mainstream Lebanese have no problem when Israel hammers Hezbollah in its little enclave. Somebody has to do it, and it cannot be them. If you want to embolden Lebanese to work with Israelis against Hezbollah, or at least move in to Hezbollah's bombed out positions, don't attack all of Lebanon.
    what do you suggest Israel to do when Hezbollah command centers, and rocket storage locations are actually in urban centers and cities?

Israelis thinks everyone hates them. It isn't true, especially not in Lebanon. But they will make it so if they do not pay more attention to the internal characteristics of neighboring countries.
    Israel will never win the hearts and minds of Arabs around the world. If they need to wait for that to happen before they start defending themselves, every jew around the world would be dead.

But now, there is no sympathy left. Hezbollah is not a mortal danger to you.
    Tell that to the families of the two kids killed in Nazareth today.

It's not surprising that Syrian-allied Hezbollah started the mess, but you guys are just vicious.
    What would any other country in the world do if it was attacked? What did the US do to the Taliban? Whats the difference between the two?

Hezbollah is doing little damage to Israel. Lebanon is being destroyed.
    Tell that to the families of the two kids killed in Nazareth today.

Hezbollah has destroyed Lebanon. Im sorry the Lebanese dont see it, but its the truth. Im still sad to see any civilian deaths on either side.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Some quotes, here.

FACTBOX-Quotes from evacuees from Lebanon
    19 Jul 2006 15:13:44 GMT
    Source: Reuters

July 19 - Thousands of foreigners fled the fighting in Lebanon on Wednesday by land, air and sea as embassies organised mass evacuations for citizens trapped by the conflict. The following are comments by evacuees:

AMAL KAZZAZ, 63, AMERICAN EVACUATED TO CYPRUS:

"The night before last I don't think anyone slept in Beirut. We stayed in a basement until four in the morning. In some places there is nothing; the people don't have homes or anywhere to go."

-snip-

ELISE MAZEGI, 32, BRITON EVACUATED TO CYPRUS:

"I feel relieved and worried. I didn't want to leave, but I had to get out. We could see and hear the Israeli planes bombing. We thought it would last only a couple of days but it escalated."

LUBNA JABER, 28, AUSTRALIAN VISITING RELATIVES IN LEBANON:

"It's very bad, very sad, I can't believe what's happening. Have you seen the pictures of the children who were killed? The world should see them, especially the Americans who support Israel."

SAMANTHA BRADLEY, 33, BRITON MARRIED TO LEBANESE:

"Although the Israelis were saying they were attacking military targets they were bombing roads and homes as well."

-snip-
  9.    #329  
    Some quotes, here.

AMAL KAZZAZ, 63, AMERICAN EVACUATED TO CYPRUS:

"The night before last I don't think anyone slept in Beirut. We stayed in a basement until four in the morning. In some places there is nothing; the people don't have homes or anywhere to go."
    It might be noted that Israelis are saying the same thing.
    LUBNA JABER, 28, AUSTRALIAN VISITING RELATIVES IN LEBANON:

"It's very bad, very sad, I can't believe what's happening. Have you seen the pictures of the children who were killed? The world should see them, especially the Americans who support Israel."
    I've never seen those in the media, but then I make it a point not look for / at those on either side.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Some quotes, here.
    Where's the quotes from the Israeli refugees?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Where's the quotes from the Israeli refugees?
    Maybe because there isn't any? Don't know.
    If there are, it seems they would fit here. No-one preventing us from posting them. Go ahead Michael.
    NRG: After reading all or your posts, I've decided that you are right. Isreal should just stop and give up all that they have to any arab. Its the only way to make peace. Oh.... AND they will probably be required to kill their own familes and then kill themselves....surely then the arabs will be happy.....for about 6 months untill they require everyone in the US to do the same. It's the moral thing to do, you know; "peace at any price"
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    I've never seen those in the media, but then I make it a point not look for / at those on either side.
    Check the Israeli papers tommorow. You will see the obits. and pictures of two dead children from Nazerath who were killed today by a terrorist missle attack. So Im not really sure that many Israelis are going to be in the mood to here about their brutal response.

Heres a quote with an Israeli perspective (from CNN)
    "I am a 30-year-old Chilean living in Israel for 4 years, married to an Israeli engineer. We have a baby of 5 months; we live in a kibbutz about 30 minutes from Haifa. I'm afraid that the Israeli Army will call to my husband to help. It is scary waking up in the morning and running to the TV to see if the bombs are falling more near our house. But we have to continue our lives, this is what the terrorists want, to paralyze us with fear, and we are not going to let them win. We already learn to live, letting the security check our handbags in supermarkets, pharmacies, restaurants, stores, hospitals, etc. to protect us from the suicide bombs."
    Rocio Lam, Israel
    Last edited by TomUps; 07/19/2006 at 09:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    There probably are not any. Maybe some have moved farther south, but most Israelis wont leave all together. You see, Israelis are use to being attacked from Arab countries for about 60 years now. The also know that they cant just go to most foreign countrues because Jews are persecuted almost everywhere, and they certainly couldnt go to an arab country because they would be slaughtered.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    There is a fine line DA between unlawful enemy combatant, and kidnapped. < < Septimus Edit > >
    Wow I missed this comment. Border lines on unbelievable. Especially coming from a guy that often claims to be "appalled" by the posts he reads here.

< < Septimus edit: This post may make less sense now that I've edited the original. > >
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Wow I missed this comment. Border lines on unbelievable. Especially coming from a guy that often claims to be "appalled" by the posts he reads here.
    Suprises you??
    LOL. Looks like you are letting Repub talking points think for you.
    You can, if you feel like it, quit a**uming. Quit listening to that years ago(unless that's what you think is heard on AA and such).
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter
    You can, if you feel like it, quit a**uming. Quit listening to that years ago(unless that's what you think is heard on AA and such).
    Sorry, I did not read it closely enough, I thought you were refering to Iraq. My bad sorry.