Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 923
  1.    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I'll take that as capitulation.

    And I already answered your question.
    No, I don't think you did. At this point, your lack of response has me very curious.
  2.    #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Or we could go back and say there would be no need for the PLO had the palestinians been represented at the time of Israel's creation.

    No matter we are here now.
    Or we could go back and say the Arabs made a deal with the Europeans and the Europeans lost. Then the Palestinians made a deal with their Arab neighbors and their Arab neighbors lost.
  3. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I'll take that as capitulation.

    And I already answered your question.
    Capitulation? What exactly am I giving up on? I tried to get a yes or no answer, failing that, I gave you the benefit of the doubt with a "no".
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  4. #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Capitulation? What exactly am I giving up on? I tried to get a yes or no answer, failing that, I gave you the benefit of the doubt with a "no".
    I think any standard of reading comprehension would have understood my response to be "No. That would be irrational at this point."

    However, I'm curious why you don't apply any weight to the following UN resolution:

    "Resolves that the refugees wishing to return to their homes and live at peace with their neighbors should be permitted to do so at the earliest practicable date, and that compensation should be paid for the property of those choosing not to return and for loss of or damage to property which, under principles of international law or in equity, should be made good by the Governments or authorities responsible."
  5.    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    "Resolves that the refugees wishing to return to their homes and live at peace with their neighbors should be permitted to do so at the earliest practicable date,
    I'm not so sure that is their wish. Maybe some want to live in peace but the leadership wants to drive the Jews into the sea.
  6. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Or we could go back and say the Arabs made a deal with the Europeans and the Europeans lost. Then the Palestinians made a deal with their Arab neighbors and their Arab neighbors lost.
    We could.
  7. #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I'm not so sure that is their wish. Maybe some want to live in peace but the leadership wants to drive the Jews into the sea.
    Perhaps if Israel would honor that resolution the "leadership" would no have no one to lead.
  8.    #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Perhaps if Israel would honor that resolution the "leadership" would no have no one to lead.
    I think Gaza is a good example of how wrong that is.
  9. #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I think Gaza is a good example of how wrong that is.
    Yes, of course it is.

  10. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    At this point that's irrational. However, can Israel comply with the following UN resolution:

    "Resolves that the refugees wishing to return to their homes and live at peace with their neighbors should be permitted to do so at the earliest practicable date
    If this happened, there would be no more Israel. Millions of refugees be allowed to return to homes inside of Israel proper will never happen. Maybe they can be allowed to settle in the West Bank.
  11. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I think any standard of reading comprehension would have understood my response to be "No. That would be irrational at this point."

    However, I'm curious why you don't apply any weight to the following UN resolution:

    "Resolves that the refugees wishing to return to their homes and live at peace with their neighbors should be permitted to do so at the earliest practicable date, and that compensation should be paid for the property of those choosing not to return and for loss of or damage to property which, under principles of international law or in equity, should be made good by the Governments or authorities responsible."
    I'm sorry if I don't reach your standard of reading comprehension. I do the best that I can. Thanks for the answer.

    As for the UN Resolution; Israeli's agreeing with it would be meaningless, the attacks would continue, and it would serve nothing more than to tax Israel for trying to protect itself.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  12. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Just wanted to throw this out there. Hezbollah would not have existed if it wasn't for Israel's actions.

    For every action, there is a reaction.
    Please explain what this means? What did Israel do that created Hezbollah. Hezbollah was not interested at all in the Palestinian problem for years. In fact, their favorate target seemed to be americans.
  13. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #273  
    Actually, Hezbollah formed to oppose Israel during the Lebanese Israeli war in 1982. They exist to destroy Israel, and for lebanon to become a Shia Islamic State.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  14.    #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Please explain what this means? What did Israel do that created Hezbollah. Hezbollah was not interested at all in the Palestinian problem for years. In fact, their favorate target seemed to be americans.
    For years the PLO had been operating terrorist attacks from bases in southern Lebanon. In 1982, after Abu Nidal tried to assassinate the Israeli Ambassador to Great Britain, Israel invaded Lebanon to try to drive out the PLO. In response, or, one might conclude, coincidentally, a group of Shi'ite clerics formed the Hizbullah on the basis of Ayatollah Khomeini's principles of Islamic revolution. Their aim: to drive out Israel and create an Islamic republic like that of Iran.
  15. #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    As for the UN Resolution; Israeli's agreeing with it would be meaningless, the attacks would continue, and it would serve nothing more than to tax Israel for trying to protect itself.
    Please explain this?
  16. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Please explain this?
    Can't really. I admit that I'm running on assumptions as I've not had time to research that particular resolution. Don't let that delay you in making your point, please.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  17. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Can't really. I admit that I'm running on assumptions as I've not had time to research that particular resolution. Don't let that delay you in making your point, please.
    Have read this yet? http://www.mideastweb.org/briefhistory.htm if not please read it then come back and give your thoughts. Notice it says 'brief', which it is not.

    Remember, when you assume, you make an............
  18. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #278  
    DaT,
    Im not sure I understand what you want to happen here, you want Israel to stop its military operation in Lebanon, without the rocket and missle fire being stopped into its own country? What would the Israeli PM tell his own people...."More of you are going to die in the coming days, and we are not going to try to stop it". I have failed to see you once call for an end to the rocket fire.

    You also seem to want Israel to comply with UN resolutions against them, but dont seem really interested in the UN resolutions demanding Hezbollah to disarm.

    Its real interesting seeing the Lebanese PM, the Hezbollah spokesman, and the syrian ambassador all on CNN complaining about the barbaric attacks on Lebanon without even mentioning the deadly attacks on Israel, and not mentioning who started this whole disaster.
  19. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Its real interesting seeing the Lebanese PM, the Hezbollah spokesman, and the syrian ambassador all on CNN complaining about the barbaric attacks on Lebanon without even mentioning the deadly attacks on Israel, and not mentioning who started this whole disaster.
    As oppposed to just the opposite on Fox? Intersting indeed.
  20.    #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    DaT,
    Im not sure I understand what you want to happen here, you want Israel to stop its military operation in Lebanon, without the rocket and missle fire being stopped into its own country? What would the Israeli PM tell his own people...."More of you are going to die in the coming days, and we are not going to try to stop it". I have failed to see you once call for an end to the rocket fire.

    You also seem to want Israel to comply with UN resolutions against them, but dont seem really interested in the UN resolutions demanding Hezbollah to disarm.

    Its real interesting seeing the Lebanese PM, the Hezbollah spokesman, and the syrian ambassador all on CNN complaining about the barbaric attacks on Lebanon without even mentioning the deadly attacks on Israel, and not mentioning who started this whole disaster.
    Apparently the Hamas and Hizbullah bear no burdern here. If Israel stops being the bully these guys will just magically become nice people again.

Posting Permissions