Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    The fact that Israel is the GREATLY superior military power puts the onus on them to utilize restraint and the higher ground when seeking justice AND in the overall conflict to seek a path to peaceful coexistence.

Currently and in most of their past, they just take the role of bully.
    And the Palestinians?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Possibly. But then why do you alway mention something bad Israel did when people talk about what Hizbullah or Hamas is doing--as if to call it tit for tat?
    I think its well documented on these boards DaTs feeling about Israelis. For example....
    Don't recall stating anyone accused me of being anti-semetic(sic). I don't really hate Israelis. I do however have a great distaste for current policy and the overall meess the whole thing created. But it does show you what one can accomplish with a little terrorist bombing.
    This next ones my favorite....
    I have no appreciation for any blanket generalization hate. But are we talking about Israelis or Jewish people?

The fact that Israel is the GREATLY superior military power puts the onus on them to utilize restraint and the higher ground when seeking justice AND in the overall conflict to seek a path to peaceful coexistence.
    Like the US did with Al-qaeda? Like the US did with the Taliban? Hezbollah recieves hundreds of millions of dollars from Iran and Syria. They also recieve rockets and missles capable of reaching anywhere inside Israel. This isnt a bunch of people running around with a few machine guns. This is a well armed terrorist organization sworn to Israels destruction. A terrorist organization that invaded Israel, and a terrorist organization that has uses Lebanon as a safe haven and launching pad for attacks. You want Israel to seek the higher ground with this? You want Israel to take the higher ground when the missles are falling on its cities. Just amazing.
    Last edited by TomUps; 07/18/2006 at 11:53 PM.
    kumbayah, it doesn't work. Last I remember before this war, Israel soldiers were within their Israeli boundary when Hizbollah murdered and kidnapped these soldiers. I'd agree if the murdering terrorists would do nothing...EVER to Israel, but they can't resist. There will NEVER be a coexistence in the region until terrorism is stomped out.

Currently and in most of their past, they just take the role of bully.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    daThomas, do you contest Israel's right to exist?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I think one of the big tests of note between Palestine / Hezbollah / AQ / Iran / Syria and Israel would be to ask what would happen if you took all the weapons away from only one side......

If you removed all the weapons from Palestine / Hezbollah / AQ / Iran / Syria, violence from Israel would all but be eliminated.

If you removed all the weapons from Israel, they would be slaughtered by Palestine / Hezbollah / AQ / Iran / Syria down to every last mother and child.
    And the Palestinians?
    ????
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    kumbayah, it doesn't work. Last I remember before this war, Israel soldiers were within their Israeli boundary when Hizbollah murdered and kidnapped these soldiers. I'd agree if the murdering terrorists would do nothing...EVER to Israel, but they can't resist. There will NEVER be a coexistence in the region until terrorism is stomped out.
    And one could retort that those innocent beach goers who were shelled were killed by murdering terrorists. And so on and so on until we get to where?
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    daThomas, do you contest Israel's right to exist?
    At this point that's irrational. However, can Israel comply with the following UN resolution:

"Resolves that the refugees wishing to return to their homes and live at peace with their neighbors should be permitted to do so at the earliest practicable date, and that compensation should be paid for the property of those choosing not to return and for loss of or damage to property which, under principles of international law or in equity, should be made good by the Governments or authorities responsible."
  9.    #249  
    ????
    What, the Palestinians bear no responsibility?
  10.    #250  
    At this point that's irrational. However, can Israel comply with the following UN resolution:
    What's irrational? It seems you're avoiding the question.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter
    Most of the shortcomings in USA performance in this whole thing can appropriately be attributed to our political climate due to the media and certain supporters. If not stopped, it will be our downfall. Imagine what happens next. Get with it. Think for yourselves!
    LOL. Looks like you are letting Repub talking points think for you.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Just wanted to throw this out there. Hezbollah would not have existed if it wasn't for Israel's actions.

For every action, there is a reaction.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts

"Resolves that the refugees wishing to return to their homes and live at peace with their neighbors should be permitted to do so at the earliest practicable date, and that compensation should be paid for the property of those choosing not to return and for loss of or damage to property which, under principles of international law or in equity, should be made good by the Governments or authorities responsible."
    And we all know how useful and good the UN is....

I didn't ask for an evaluation of my question. It's fundamental to an understanding of your position, and very rational when viewed in that context.

Do you contest Israel's right to exist?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Just wanted to throw this out there. Hezbollah would not have existed if it wasn't for Israel's actions.

which action?
  15.    #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG

One could say that if Lebanon had not let PLO bases operate from it's country Israel would never have had to invade.
    And we all know how useful and good the UN is....

I didn't ask for an evaluation of my question. It's fundamental to an understanding of your position, and very rational when viewed in that context.

Do you contest Israel's right to exist?
    So the UN is useful to create the state of Israel but regarding anything else it is not.

You can't have it both ways.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I'll take that as a no.
    I'll take that as a no.
    I'll take that as capitulation.

And I already answered your question.
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    So the UN is useful to create the state of Israel but regarding anything else it is not.

You can't have it both ways.
    This wasmy thought as well. LOL
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    One could say that if Lebanon had not let PLO bases operate from it's country Israel would never have had to invade.
    Or we could go back and say there would be no need for the PLO had the palestinians been represented at the time of Israel's creation.

No matter we are here now.