Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    You obviously don't watch footie that much if it still shocks you. It just annoys me.
    Maybe "shock" is the wrong word. Annoy or disappoint are probably better.
  2.    #22  
    How about Americans start calling soccer football and we all start calling american football "the best sport ever." I can deal with that. :-)
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    How about Americans start calling soccer football and we all start calling american football "the best sport ever." I can deal with that. :-)
    No offence but I find Rugby nicer to watch.. better flow, real men who don't wear 80's style shoulderpads and tights
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    No offence but I find Rugby nicer to watch.. better flow, real men who don't wear 80's style shoulderpads and tights
    I'll agree there is better flow in a rugby game, but (and this may sound funny) I find that american football is more of a "thinking" game. The discreet moves give more chance for strategy change. I realize that rugby players will also change their strategy throughout a game, but the discreet steps in american football make it that much more important.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I'll agree there is better flow in a rugby game, but (and this may sound funny) I find that american football is more of a "thinking" game. The discreet moves give more chance for strategy change. I realize that rugby players will also change their strategy throughout a game, but the discreet steps in american football make it that much more important.
    I guess that kind of strategy only shows when you watch the game more regular..
    I've been to one game and seen it on TV when in the US, but my exposure to the game is fairly limited I have to admit..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    I guess that kind of strategy only shows when you watch the game more regular..
    I've been to one game and seen it on TV when in the US, but my exposure to the game is fairly limited I have to admit..
    Yeah, it's hard to find things in games that you watch sparingly--a reason I'm hesitant to outright dismiss any "foreign" sport like soccer or rugby. Heck, when I lived in London, I even began to enjoy cricket, when I could stay awake for a whole match.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Yeah, it's hard to find things in games that you watch sparingly--a reason I'm hesitant to outright dismiss any "foreign" sport like soccer or rugby. Heck, when I lived in London, I even began to enjoy cricket, when I could stay awake for a whole match.
    mmm cricket, I dont think I ever will enjoy watching that..
    Playing it is fun though..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    Some comic relief:





    http://tonaz.altervista.org/zidane.html

    <edit>one more:


    <edit> they keep comming


    <edit> and more:


    <edit> my word some people really have too much time

    <edit> there is no stopping this







    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions