1.    #1  
    No, it's not early football season but this month for the 1st time laptops outsold desktops and apparently, in 2006 trojans out numbering viruses 4:1.....SOphos even recommending Windows users to....gulp...."Get a Mac"

http://www.sophos.com/pressoffice/ne...rtmid2006.html

The Sophos Security Threat Management Report - which can be downloaded [see site] - was compiled by the experts at SophosLabs™, and reveals that while there has been a vast drop in the number of new viruses and worms being written, this has been over-compensated by increases in other types of malware, as cyber criminals turn their attention to stealing information and money.

Most interestingly, new Trojans now outweigh viruses and worms by 4:1, compared to 2:1 in the first half of 2005. In addition, the continued dominance of Windows-based threats has prompted Sophos to suggest that many home users should consider switching to Apple Macs, to shield themselves from the malware onslaught.

Findings show that the most widespread threat from January to date is the Sober-Z worm, which, at its peak, accounted for one in every thirteen emails. This worm's dominance is evidence of trends moving away from email virus attacks, since Sober-Z maintains a monopoly despite having stopped spreading on 6 January 2006. Further reinforcing this, only one in every 91 of all emails were viral so far this year, compared with one in every 35 for the same period in 2005.
    USC wahoooo!!
    Fight On!!!
    I need to be like the rest of my yuppie neighbors and add another badge of approval and get a Mac...
    at&t iPhone3G
  5.    #5  
    I have to say I get so jealous when looking at the inside of a Mac....I'm a bit anal when building PC's routing the wires and using plastic ties to make everything neat as can be. And then I look at a Mac and feel totally inept.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I have to say I get so jealous when looking at the inside of a Mac....I'm a bit anal when building PC's routing the wires and using plastic ties to make everything neat as can be. And then I look at a Mac and feel totally inept.
    LMAO...so freakin true. Its almost prehistoric
    at&t iPhone3G
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Just keep the the case closed on the Macs and you won't feel so bad.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Just run Linux. No trojans and no paying tooth and nail for a mac. gotta love my open source world.
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by truoc444
    Just run Linux. No trojans and no paying tooth and nail for a mac. gotta love my open source world.
    Rocketing coming out of the gate first post...I like it.
    at&t iPhone3G