Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Al-Zarqawi's Wife: Al-Qaida Sold Him Out

Al-Zarqawi's Widow Claims al-Qaida Sold Him Out to U.S. for Promise to Not Look for Bin Laden

ROME Jul 3, 2006 (AP) Al-Qaida leaders sold out Abu Musab al-Zarqawi to the United States in exchange for a promise to let up in the search for Osama bin Laden, the slain militant's wife claimed in an interview with an Italian newspaper.

The woman, identified by La Repubblica as al-Zarqawi's first wife, said al-Qaida's top leadership reached a deal with U.S. intelligence because al-Zarqawi had become too powerful. She claimed Sunni tribes and Jordanian secret services mediated the deal.

Al-Zarqawi, the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq, died June 7 in a U.S. airstrike outside Baqouba, northeast of Baghdad.

"My husband has been sold to the Americans," the woman said in an interview published Sunday. "He had become too powerful, too troublesome."

She was identified only as "Um Mohammed," which means "mother of Mohammed" and would be a nickname, not her full name. The Rome-based newspaper said the interview was conducted in Geneva and described her as Jordanian and about 40 years old.

In Jordan, Al-Zarqawi's eldest brother, Sayel, said the family had not been aware of the woman's whereabouts for about two years.

"I think a secret pact was struck whose immediate goal was his death," she told the newspaper. "In return, the American troops promised to ease, at least momentarily, their hunt for bin Laden"...
  2.    #2  
    CIA closes unit for capturing bin Laden
    July 4
    By JPOST.COM STAFF
    Jerusalem Post

The US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) closed the unit charged with catching Osama bin Laden and his senior deputies, The New York Times reported on Tuesday.

Established in 1996 and known as "Alec Station," the unit was dismantled at the end of 2005 and its employees reassigned in the CIA Counter-terrorist Center; however, its dissolution was publicly announced only recently.

The decision was a milestone for the agency and indicates a significant change in perspective regarding bin Laden's place in Al Qaida in particular and in the international terrorist infrastructure in general...
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    unbelievable. he drops the wtc and we make a deal to let him be?
    wtf!
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Do we really believe that they would make a deal with "the Great Satan"? Really?

These people are not smarmy politicians from DC... they are ideological fanatics. Such are not known for making political deals with their sworn enemies.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by awerry
    Do we really believe that they would make a deal with "the Great Satan"? Really?

These people are not smarmy politicians from DC... they are ideological fanatics. Such are not known for making political deals with their sworn enemies.
    W or Al Quaida?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    unbelievable. he drops the wtc and we make a deal to let him be?
    wtf!
    Hope the sky does not fall in but...

That is exactly what I was thinking. Cringe.

But if you want to know more about this administration's focus since 9/11 and before, watch the PBS documentary in my sig, its free to watch online.

There is an interview with the CIA commando who was in charge at Tora Bora. He said he called in that the mother load of Al Quaida was in front of him, and asked for the military. The military gave air support only and Osama snuck out the back. Shortly thereafter, the White House called Tommy Franks and ordered him to move half his troops to Iraq.
    Quote Originally Posted by awerry
    If you're blinded by a rabid hatred of Bush then you can believe just about anything.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    If you're blinded by a rabid hatred of Bush then you can believe just about anything.
    Yikes, 70% of us are screwed.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Blaze is at it again. Let me get this straight, Im suppose to believe the wife of a dead terrorist as an accurate source of a news story? This is laughable. I know you hate Bush and the US but give me a break.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Blaze is at it again. Let me get this straight, Im suppose to believe the wife of a dead terrorist as an accurate source of a news story? This is laughable. I know you hate Bush and the US but give me a break.
    The news story says Al-Zarqawi's Widow Claims al-Qaida Sold Him Out to U.S. for Promise to Not Look for Bin Laden. According to the story, you're "supposed to believe" that's what she said. Personally, I believe she said it.

P.S. Carefull who you are acusing of hating America.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    P.S. Carefull who you are acusing of hating America.
    Why?

Personally, I believe she said it.
    Just because she said it doesnt mean its true. But I guess the truth never matters to you as long as the story is anti-american enough for you to post here.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Just because she said it doesnt mean its true.
    I will address the one civil portion of your post.

Yes, just because she said it does not mean it's true. That's why the story starts with "Al-Zarqawi's Widow Claims".
    Not to put any gas on the fire, but didnt we train Osama? Maybe we found a use for him?

I personally would like to see him bombed just like Al-Zarqawi but I wonder if there are now bigger fish to fry in this war on terrorism?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Not to put any gas on the fire, but didnt we train Osama? Maybe we found a use for him?

I personally would like to see him bombed just like Al-Zarqawi but I wonder if there are now bigger fish to fry in this war on terrorism?
    Which is kind of the point of post #2 according to the CIA, but then that makes me wonder who is in charge of the CIA since Tennet.
  15.    #15  

Yes, bombed but still recognizable. But as far as if we found a use for him. According to the principles that were in the CIA under Tennet, the plan was destroy him and Al Quiada around the world. It was the Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz camp that did not sign on.
    I don't buy a bit of it. If the events at Tora Bora are supposed to show that we really aren't trying to get OBL then why would he need to strike a deal with anyone to get the heat off his back?

By the way, this woman probably also believes 9/11 was orchestrated by the Mossad and the holocaust is a hoax. Why should I care? More importantly, aside from making the US admin look bad, why would any of this be newsworthy?
    Maybe in the Administration's assessment, Osama isnt a real thread (or not worthy of our attention?)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I know where to find Barack Obama. Let me at him.
  19.    #19  
    Maybe in the Administration's assessment, Osama isnt a real thread (or not worthy of our attention?)
    Which would explain why the administration would make such a deal, but not why Al Quaida would.

Like I said, I would like to know what is going on inside the CIA right now, and if its under the control of the administration. MANY of the high level officials have resigned after the Cheney fiasco.
  20.    #20  
    By the way, this woman probably also believes 9/11 was orchestrated by the Mossad and the holocaust is a hoax.
    I thought it was Mel Gibson that thought the Holocaust was a hoax.
    Why should I care? More importantly, aside from making the US admin look bad, why would any of this be newsworthy?
    Of course, the liberal media conspiring to make the our president look stupid. lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast