Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can you? Click here if you can't hear them..

Attached Images Attached Images
    love it!!
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    love it!!
    I downloaded the cricket wav, LOL. I wonder if I can use it as a ringtone for boring callers.
  5.    #6  
    bump
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    They keep closing threads.... wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    When did that start?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Including one where a good discussion could have happened IF they had removed only ONE poster! Instead the whole thread went down.
    Some banned posters are cleared for posting, but I see they haven't returned.

Is it just me, or did some posters cancel their membership entirely?
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/28/2006 at 07:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Some banned posters are cleared for posting, but I see they haven't returned.

Is it just me, or did some posters cancel their membership entirely?

Would you care to name any names?
    Two of the people I'm referring to both have handles beginning with G. Some other known posters are scarce around here too.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $they$ $haven$'$t$ $closed$ $their$ $accounts$, $but$ $they$'$ve$ $certainly$ $moved$ $on$ $to$ &$quot$;$ape$&$quot$; $one$ $another$ $elsewhere$.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    One's name is no longer on the member list(yes I looked, LOL!) and the other hasn't posted since the 20th. The second one may come back, but the other looks like he cancelled entirely(maybe he just changed his handle). I'm going to look for other known posters. I found one who posted this morning, but the board isn't the same IMO. The Munk seems a bit scare too.
    I agree. It is not as fun around here lately as it used to be.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Ya listenin', mods?

Oops, guess that should have been a PM.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    Ya listenin', mods?

Oops, guess that should have been a PM.
    they promised to address the complaints of the users here -- complaints that came from the whole spectrum of the participants of this forum -- complaints as to the destructive and capricious mod behavior which has eviscerated the life and vitality of this place.

No new policies have been announced.

Long time forum members -- experienced loyal members who made a point of purchasing from this site’s sponsor -- have left -- alienated by the arrogant indifference of the controlling powers that be.

The 1 or 2 people who posted mildly approving words supportive of the mods, have it seems, become the skirt behind which inaction is justified.

Every day during which things are allowed to twist, twist, slowly in the wind, is another day toward a time when long time posters will not return and the forum smothered of life.

For the owner of this site, this forum was a vital and valuable resource -- one that generated interest, involvement, enthusiasm, and loyalty from a large and crucial segment of his market.

To allow it to die would be both stunningly short sighted and potentially a colossal commercial blunder -- especially if as I expect, people show their anger and frustration by for now on, buying their products elsewhere ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    I agree. It is not as fun around here lately as it used to be.
    That was the intention. Political, religious and other more or less serious discussions in the Off Topic forum were actively discouraged by closing such threads (instead of just banning users who did not follow the guidelines).

The general idea seems to be that by closing down the Off Topic forum, the "On Topic" Treo stuff will go up.

In relative numbers, this may be true (more Treo posts vs. non-Treo post). However, there is no reason to believe this will also be the case in absolute numbers (more Treo posts because of less Off Topic posts) - more likely to the contrary, but it is their site, so it is up to them.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    marcus is over in China and hasn't had time to discuss this. He has told us that he will when he returns (this weekend?). I expect we'll have something tangible after the holiday.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    New or none; at this point, the policies are IMO, a moot point. I cant count the number if times I've read responses from mods that went by the way of, "If you dont like how we do it here....." Who wants to stay around to hear more of the same.

For those that want to discuss Treos 24/7.....Bless Your Hearts!!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast