Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    ...How is it that the coworkers at the Daily Globe don't recognize Clark Kent as being Superman? Clark's only disguise is a dorky pair of glasses! ...
    It seems like I remember reading years ago that Superman uses his superpowers to make himself look different to others when he is Clark Kent. It was more of a psychological effect rather than a physical one.

But who knows. Things change over time. At the beginning, Superman couldn't fly, but could only "leap over tall buildings in a single bound".
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    It seems like I remember reading years ago that Superman uses his superpowers to make himself look different to others when he is Clark Kent. It was more of a psychological effect rather than a physical one.

But who knows. Things change over time. At the beginning, Superman couldn't fly, but could only "leap over tall buildings in a single bound".

I thought that Superman could always fly. I used to watch the Superman TV series in black & white when I was a kid in the late 60s and early 70s. I'm pretty sure Superman was flying around town in the old B&W TV shows, not just leaping around. The original Superman was a bit older, and a little larger in size. The current Superman seems a bit young and thinner in comparison, as if he's just out of puberty almost. In any case, the current Superman does a fine job in the movie.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Yup, that's it.
  4.    #44  
    Ok finally. I held off for the IMAX version, and now I finally saw it. I know nothing about comic books, and cared nothing if this movie "fit" with everything else. That being said, I thought it was a very entertaining movie, thrilling, the standard superman action scenes made it worthwile, parts of this movie were visually amazing and beautifull. Lastly, I might be the only person on earth who thinks Kevin Spacey is a way better Lex Luthor than Gene Hackman who always played it kind of tongue in cheek in my view. This Lex was downright evil.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123