Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    lol, looks like he stole the glasses wink
    lol they did want us to give them back afterwards but I was intent on keeping them
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    lol they did want us to give them back afterwards but I was intent on keeping them
    now wherever you go, everything will look 3D

by the way... how were the 3D effects? were there a lot of them?
    I saw it last night, and really thought they could have done it a lot better. Spoiler alert (highlight text below to view):

I really don't like the decision to have superman have a son. I think it gets in the way of the story and doesn't add a thing. And it kills the whole Jesus archetype with a single move. Terrible. I really wish they hadn't done that.
  4.    #24  
    yikes!! don't hilight it, don't highlight it ... wringing hands ....
    KRamsauer: I totally agree. I thought the movie was good but not great. Special effects were good and the choice of the main character turned out to be really good. The explanation for his 5 year hiatus was weak. And Lex Luther's plan....LAME.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

6.    #26  
    omg... kevin spacey lame?

and explanation for 5 year hiatus weak .. who cares about that part?

I had a coworker who told me he refused to see this movie because I and II were classics and they violated the story somehow because lex luthor was supposed to be dead.

I've never read a comic book in my life, I am looking for an exciting moviegoing experience.

I am willing to suspend disbelief that he can withstand bullets, and lasers shoot out of his eyes, I can withstand a 5 year vacation.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    KRamsauer: I totally agree. I thought the movie was good but not great. Special effects were good and the choice of the main character turned out to be really good. The explanation for his 5 year hiatus was weak. And Lex Luther's plan....LAME.
    Agreed. The casting decision for Superman was brilliant. Couldn't have been better. The only problem I had with him was at one point, with his Kent glasses on, he looked like Tom Cruise, and he scares me.
    SPOILER TEXT IN WHITE

I thought the movie was excellent. Casting for Superman was great. The whole crystal continent thing was kind of dumb, though. Spoiler stuff, hightlight if you want to read:

I read that they filmed expensive scenes for what Superman did during the 5-year absence, but that they were cut because they didn't advance the story. Another issue I have, and this goes back to earlier Superman movies: he shouldn't be sleeping with Lois, and now he has a child. Stupid. How is that whole issue supposed to be resolved? The kid will have a stepdad (at least the dad is an X-man, right?), but Superman will drop in from time to time to give super advice? It just doesn't work for me.

I give the movie an 8 out of 10. The good points make up for the bad points.
    Last edited by heberman; 07/03/2006 at 12:45 PM.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    omg... kevin spacey lame?
    I said his PLAN was lame. I like Spacey as an actor.

I am willing to suspend disbelief that he can withstand bullets, and lasers shoot out of his eyes, I can withstand a 5 year vacation.
    To me the 5 year vacation was important because it helps connect this movie to the previous films.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I've only ever found two aspects of the Man O' Steel interesting. The standard main weakness being those he cares about and being a Tool of the US Gov't and it's policies. The latter being why Batman had to beat the snot out of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I've only ever found two aspects of the Man O' Steel interesting. The standard main weakness being those he cares about and being a Tool of the US Gov't and it's policies.
    Don't worry. In the newest movie, they just mention "Truth, Justice,...and all that other stuff".
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    "Truth, Justice,...and all that other stuff".
    That's hilarious, in a rolling my eyes I can't believe they felt they needed to do that and it's so odd that I just have to laugh, sense. They changed one of the most memorable lines in American pop culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    That's hilarious, in a rolling my eyes I can't believe they felt they needed to do that and it's so odd that I just have to laugh, sense. They changed one of the most memorable lines in American pop culture.
    The news story I saw on it reported the studio did so in the interests of overseas sales. Apparently, America is not seen in the greateest of lights right now.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    The standard main weakness being those he cares about and being a Tool of the US Gov't and it's policies
    Dat, cant you give it a rest for just a minute? You dont need to introduce your political feelings in every thread....do ya?
  15.    #35  
    The news story I saw on it reported the studio did so in the interests of overseas sales. Apparently, America is not seen in the greateest of lights right now.
    We will be again.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Dat, cant you give it a rest for just a minute? You dont need to introduce your political feelings in every thread....do ya?

Referencing Frank Miller's "Dark Knight Returns" TomUps.

You sold us out, Clark. You gave them the power that should have been ours. Just like your parents taught you to. My parents taught me a different lesson... lying on the street, shaking in deep shock, dying for no reason at all. They showed me that the world only makes sense when you force it to.

You should read it some time and it's follow-up, "The Dark Knight Strikes Again".
    Last edited by daThomas; 07/05/2006 at 06:46 PM.
    I figured that was the reason why. Part of me thinks that so long as the audience is already aware that at least historically Superman stood for the "American Way," it wouldn't be that big a deal this time around. Besides, it's pretty clear the plot takes place in the U.S. Suppose that's why I don't make movies.
    Overall I enjoyed the movie. Good story that makes sense. Good action with unbelievable scenes that could only be believable for a Superman movie.

I had 2 thoughts about the movie in general: How is it that the coworkers at the Daily Globe don't recognize Clark Kent as being Superman? Clark's only disguise is a dorky pair of glasses! Lastly, if Lex Luther is such a villian, why doesn't Superman just clobber him to smithereen? After all, Lex is just a mere mortal, right?
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Overall I enjoyed the movie. Good story that makes sense. Good action with unbelievable scenes that could only be believable for a Superman movie.

I had 2 thoughts about the movie in general: How is it that the coworkers at the Daily Globe don't recognize Clark Kent as being Superman? Clark's only disguise is a dorky pair of glasses! Lastly, if Lex Luther is such a villian, why doesn't Superman just clobber him to smithereen? After all, Lex is just a mere mortal, right?
    Its a movie...ever seen the movie white chicks. How in the hell can anyone think those are real women and actually mistake them for the real sisters...Its a movie.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    In previous movies, Clark acts really clumsy, he doesnt make eye contact, and gets embarrassed a lot so people cant believe (when they do actually look at him) that he could ever be the man of steel.

According to the comics, Lex is a super genius. He thinks 10 steps ahead of everyone else and always has a backup plan. Plus, Superman wants Lex to be imprisoned (hence he doesnt hit him with a full force blow.)

<comic book nerd will go away now>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast