Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Completely and utterly unrelated to 9-11 which this admin tried to justify the Iraq invasion. But you keep clinging to that.
    I only see you repeating that claim that Palestine was connected to 9-11 on this thread.

As quoted in post #6 there is a document that shows Abdel Magid Hammod Ali, one of Saddam's air force generals requested "the names of those who desire to volunteer for suicide mission to liberate Palestine and to strike American interests (presumably foreign based American Interests)." Along with a separate document showing Saddam paying $25,000 for the suicide bomber families in Palestine. Here is some additional information on this topic.

These are simply pointing to a possible link of Iraq involvement in terrorist activity in general, but I don't see any current real connection between supporting Palestine terrorists with supporting the 9/11 attacks, beyond you claiming it is currently still being claimed.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 07/12/2006 at 05:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Again pointing out that Palestine had nothing to do with 9-11 and trying to use it to jusify invading Iraq is disingenuous.
    Never said they did. What I did say the world is a better place without a man in power that pays other people to blow up children. I know you would never admit that though.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I only see you repeating that claim that Palestine was connected to 9-11 on this thread.

As quoted in post #6 there is a document that shows Abdel Magid Hammod Ali, one of Saddam's air force generals requested "the names of those who desire to volunteer for suicide mission to liberate Palestine and to strike American interests (presumably foreign based American Interests)." Along with a separate document showing Saddam paying $25,000 for the suicide bomber families in Palestine.

These are simply pointing to a possible link of Iraq involvement in terrorist activity in general, but I don't see any current real connection between supporting Palestine terrorists with supporting the 9/11 attacks, beyond you claiming it is currently still being claimed.

Won't dignify that with a response.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Never said they did. What I did say the world is a better place without a man in power that pays other people to blow up children. I know you would never admit that though.
    Guess I should stop paying my taxes then.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Guess I should stop paying my taxes then
    Please tell me what terrorist organization our government pays money to, to target children in resturants and shopping malls? Show me evidence of any US money being sent to the families of anybody that blows up babies in a suicide bombing, show me any evidence of US money being sent to a persons family that deliberately targets innocent children. When you do that, you can claim a moral comparison.

I hope everybody here realizes that DaT just compared our Government to a terrorist organization that targets and kills babies.
    Please tell me what terrorist organization our government pays money to, to target children in resturants and shopping malls? Show me evidence of any US money being sent to the families of anybody that blows up babies in a suicide bombing, show me any evidence of US money being sent to a persons family that deliberately targets innocent children. When you do that, you can claim a moral comparison.

I hope everybody here realizes that DaT just compared our Government to a terrorist organization that targets and kills babies.

And no, I compared our gov't to one that provides funds to an orginization which does.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I compared our gov't to one that provides funds to an orginization which does.
    Yes innocent Iraqis have died. But, does the American government target them? If we did, I guess we can just nuke Iraq and call it a day. Innocent Germans and Japanese were killed during WW2 also. It is a war, and the death of innocents is almost impossible to avoid, especially in an urban battefield like Iraq where hostiles live among innocents.

I still have yet to see the comparison of that to the US paying a foreign terrorist entity to DELIBERATELY TARGET and kill children. I dont expect you to agree, especially since we are all aware of your admitted hatred of Israelis.
    Yes innocent Iraqis have died. But, does the American government target them? If we did, I guess we can just nuke Iraq and call it a day. Innocent Germans and Japanese were killed during WW2 also. It is a war, and the death of innocents is almost impossible to avoid, especially in an urban battefield like Iraq where hostiles live among innocents.

I still have yet to see the comparison of that to the US paying a foreign terrorist entity to DELIBERATELY TARGET and kill children. I dont expect you to agree, especially since we are all aware of your admitted hatred of Israelis.
    Um yea, that's Gaza this week.

9.    #109  
    Won't dignify that with a response.
    Your refusal to continue the discussion according the docs is a response to the topic.

But let me me restate one of the points I was making. To say that supporting terrorist activity in Palestine with the current information we now have is to say that Hamas was directly involved in the 9/11 attacks. Unless there is information making this connection, I will disagree with anyone currently making that connection.

My points were:

1) Saddam was supporting terrorist activities in at least Palestine/Israel with attention to other localized US interests.
    2) Palestine has no connection to 9/11 that I know about.
    3) Claiming supporting terrorist activities against Israel and local geo US interests is connecting Saddam to 9/11 would be a false statement with the information we currently have.

Do you disagree with these points?
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Your refusal to continue the discussion according the docs is a response to the topic.

But let me me restate one of the points I was making. To say that supporting terrorist activity in Palestine with the current information we now have is to say that Hamas was directly involved in the 9/11 attacks. Unless there is information making this connection, I will disagree with anyone currently making that connection.

My points were:

1) Saddam was supporting terrorist activities in at least Palestine/Israel with attention to other localized US interests.
    2) Palestine has no connection to 9/11 that I know about.
    3) Claiming supporting terrorist activities against Israel and local geo US interests is connecting Saddam to 9/11 would be a false statement with the information we currently have.

Do you disagree with these points?
    Hobbes, honestly, it's an exercise in futility to even discuss as the ONLY reason the fact was ever presented was to justify this bungled invasion/occupation.

It is minutia.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Um yea, that's Gaza this week.
    Whatever that means. Israel killing militants that fire rocket at schools in Israel and trying to find a kidnapped soldier? Why is it that Israel kills militants, its a tragedy, but firing rockets into Israel is fine?
    Whatever that means. Israel killing militants that fire rocket at schools in Israel and trying to find a kidnapped soldier? Why is it that Israel kills militants, its a tragedy, but firing rockets into Israel is fine?
    I don't think any term but captured can be applied to that soldier.

The rest, you know in your heart what the answer to that is.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    The rest, you know in your heart what the answer to that is
    Yes I do...In my heart, I realize you have a double standard. Whats good for Israel is not good for terrorists. Its fine for you if the killing is done on the side of the palestinians, but if the Israelis do it, its to be condemned.

As for the soldier, if you want to call it captured, thats fine. Israel doesnt want to leave one of their own behind. I commend them for it.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    You're right of course. multiple dozens of people being pulled from their vehicles and shot based on their ethnicity should not be covered by the media because three schools that were damaged by the US shock and Awe have reopened (albeit with electricity and running water). There is not an eye rolling smiley big enough for my feeling right now.
    I hadn't heard that the US was pulling people from thier vehicles and shooting them based on their ethnicity! This practice must stop! Thats outrageous!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Anyway, I think the removal from power of anyone that gives money to people that blow up children is a very good thing.
    100% hipocritical propoganda. Hammas, Hizbulah, and Islamic Jihad have their addresses listed in the yellow pages, if W wanted to destroy them, he knows where they are, and the monies paid to them by the Saudi government was outlined on the website of the Saudi government, yet this President sat in the Oval office smoking cigars with Prince Bandar while smoke was still rising from ground zero.
    s for the soldier, if you want to call it captured, thats fine. Israel doesnt want to leave one of their own behind. I commend them for it.
    A military mission on a military target in response to the brutal shelling deaths of 8 people at a beach party? Captured is the appropriate term, NOT kidnapped.

Then Israel should trade prisoners of war.
    Things seem to be getting a little heated in here - not closing the thread, but please try to steer away from getting too personal as you continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    I hadn't heard that the US was pulling people from thier vehicles and shooting them based on their ethnicity! This practice must stop! Thats outrageous!
    modedit by septimus: what are you talking about? Are you being glib?
    Based on the time, it looks like Da's last comment was before he read yours septimus. Thanks for not closing the thread.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    A military mission on a military target in response to the brutal shelling deaths of 8 people at a beach party? Captured is the appropriate term, NOT kidnapped.
    Says who, Hamas? Hamas said that Israel shelled the beach. Israel has denied this. I know you wont believe Israel, but I do over a terrorist organization.

Sorry DaT, Hamas cant be be legitimate with "militatry operations" on one hand, while blowing up babies in resturants on the other. You cannot be alittle bit terrorist.

Hamas has also claimed resposibility for rocket fire that slammed into a school in Israel just a few days ago. The Palestinian goverment targeting school children. Ofcourse to you thats fine though.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast