Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    A Stern fan interrupted their walk over to XM this morning. The fan's Stern comments made it on XM, but O&A didn't include it in their Audible download--which is supposed to be the whole show. They censored it.

    They also censored the Stern guy from their XM show repeats. It's as if none of it ever happened.

    http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=231916
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    A Stern fan interrupted their walk over to XM this morning. The fan's Stern comments made it on XM, but O&A didn't include it in their Audible download--which is supposed to be the whole show. They censored it.

    They also censored the Stern guy from their XM show repeats. It's as if none of it ever happened.

    http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=231916
    lame
  3. #3  
    I had to go read the article before I had any idea what was going on. :-) "Walk over"? "O&A"? I'm so far out of the loop.
  4. #4  
    I've only listened to them a few times but they ARE funny!
  5. #5  
    I liked him on the Andy Griffith show, but he lost me on Happy Days.
  6. #6  
    Pretty much why I don't listen to these shows.

    My local pop-alternative station plugged that crap-tastic Adam Carolla in the morning slot. Now I have to listen to NPR instead of The Subways on my morning bike commute. Does not help with the Adrenalin.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Pretty much why I don't listen to these shows.

    My local pop-alternative station plugged that crap-tastic Adam Carolla in the morning slot. Now I have to listen to NPR instead of The Subways on my morning bike commute. Does not help with the Adrenalin.
    Look at it this way: the faster you pedal the sooner it ends.

    Actually, I love morning edition.
  8. #8  
    Yea, but for some reason morning Edition does not turn my crank, so to speak, like a fast angry song. Plus, I need that angry music to pussh the cars out of my way.

  9. #9  
    Interestingly (to me at least), I only listen to talk when I run (audio books, NPR / podcasts). Music just gets too boring after an hour or two.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Interestingly (to me at least), I only listen to talk when I run (audio books, NPR / podcasts). Music just gets too boring after an hour or two.
    If you're running for 1-2 hours then MORE POWER TO YOU!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    If you're running for 1-2 hours then MORE POWER TO YOU!
    It's taken a while to get here, but it's cool to be able to head out, listen to two hour-long podcasts and still have to find something else to fill in the last few minutes (an "hour" podcast is probably a bit less because they leave time at the beginning for the NPR hourly news). I've found that On the Media is the best to listen to--it's wide ranging enough to be interesting and broken into enough parts that if you zone out for a second, you aren't hopelessly lost for the rest.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    If you're running for 1-2 hours then MORE POWER TO YOU!
    Yeah, no kidding! I'd be lucky to make it past a 30 second wav file.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Yeah, no kidding! I'd be lucky to make it past a 30 second wav file.
    Pick up a garmin forerunner GPS thingy. It is the best motivational tool in the world. Combine that with a nice park/wilderness area, and you won't want to go home.
  14. #14  
    Wow, that Forerunner 305 is pretty nice. Expensive, but I think I'd have to have the one with the heart rate monitor.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Wow, that Forerunner 305 is pretty nice. Expensive, but I think I'd have to have the one with the heart rate monitor.
    I went with the 205 (used to have the 201). It was a tough choice, but I think that if i didn't have to wear that strap, I would get the 305. That is more important to me than the incremental dollars.
  16. #16  
    I don't know if O&A is being lame...maybe just deciding to not give Stern attention.

    Who cares...
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Who cares...
    Somehow, I think you do.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Somehow, I think you do.
    Hate to admit it, but I kind of do too. Radio wars are fun.

    I love to listen to them compete in the morning. That's what gets me going. There's nothing like hearing a guy battle to be top of his market and then the best in the industry.

    I used to listen to Howard's progress to the top while I got ready for school or work. Can't tell you how motivating it was.
  19. #19  
    Its the lawyers that you can thank for not allowing the rebroadcast the incident during the Walk-Over. Its not in O&A's hands. If they were being lame about it they wouldnt have even have talked about it on today's show.

    The audio is available for download, look around.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow
    Its the lawyers that you can thank for not allowing the rebroadcast the incident during the Walk-Over. Its not in O&A's hands. If they were being lame about it they wouldnt have even have talked about it on today's show.

    The audio is available for download, look around.
    thought you didnt care
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions