Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Even when that national service goes towards a cause you fundamentally believe to be morally wrong? Again, not to be predictable, but I'm reminded of Nazi Germany.
    Care to respond, daT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    lucy... please esplane
    At beginning of this war 75% of bush supporters thought Saddam was involved in 9/11, and the troops thought and perhaps still think they are responding to 9/11. Perhaps not their fault, this is how the war was sold to us.

The folly is ... Responding to 9/11 by overthrowing the only secular (and unrelated) power in the mideast, and replacing it with a Shea Islamic Theocracy is just about the silliest idea in the history of our nation. And that is saying a lot.
    Care to respond, daT?
    Here, I will.

Oh this is so stupid. But it must be true because it has a Nazi comparison in it.

The argument goes like this.

1.) Da does not agree with this war. (just like most americans)

2.) You cannot "support the troops, but not support their mission". (vomit)

Therefore.
    3.) Da hates our soldiers. (as do most americans?)

4.) Da hates america. ( as do most americans ... uh.. wait .. er ... )

Case closed.

THAT IS RETARTED!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!
    Iraq Announces Info From Al-Zarqawi Raid

Jun 15, 6:22 AM (ET)

By KIM GAMEL

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - Iraq's national security adviser said Thursday a "huge treasure" of documents and computer records was seized after the raid on terror leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's hideout, giving the Iraqi government the upper hand in its fight against al-Qaida in Iraq.

National Security Adviser Mouwafak al-Rubaie also said he believed the security situation in the country would improve enough to allow a large number of U.S.-led forces to leave Iraq by the end of this year, and a majority to depart by the end of next year. "And maybe the last soldier will leave Iraq by mid-2008," he said.

Al-Rubaie said a laptop, flashdrive and other documents were found in the debris after the airstrike that killed the al-Qaida in Iraq leader last week outside Baqouba, and more information has been uncovered in raids of other insurgent hideouts since then.

He called it a "huge treasure ... a huge amount of information."

Continued....
    This is hilarious. They are closing the barn door after the horse has bolted. Forget about hope. I predict an increase in American troops in Iraq by year end, and America demanding more international help in Iraq to help defray the cost of providing security.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by tach32000
    My point is still, how stupid you must be to post political "opinion/facts" on a web forum dedicated to PDA's/ Treo's or Mobile computing in the hopes of changing people's minds.

With no due respect if anyone of either political view point sees this as effective way of changing people's minds, they are clearly not very intelligent. My experience is when those that aren't intelligent and can't get their view points across, they turn to being an annoyance and hope they can change your mind by being a pain in the ***.

I simply know it is a distraction when attempting to find out Treo information by looking at the recent postings.
    Bring it up with the Mods. OT is just that, OT. It's been proposed before that OT posts NOT come up in Recent Posts listings.

Right now, you're distracting from my Non-Treo discussion so GO AWAY!
    Care to respond, daT?
    I'm sure those who allowed the brown shirts to take power appreciated the military service.

The intelligentsia left germany long before.

And puleez. Nazi comparisons?
    Per your own words...OT is just that, OT....

Which can include discussion of the OT group itself...again, not very bright people.

Which can include discussion of the OT group itself...again, not very bright people.
    No, you're thread crapping. Go away tard-bot.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    At beginning of this war 75% of bush supporters thought Saddam was involved in 9/11, and the troops thought and perhaps still think they are responding to 9/11. Perhaps not their fault, this is how the war was sold to us.
    No. I was there. They believed that Saddam supported terrorists. And he did. Only the left was screaming about connections to 9/11.
    The folly is ... Responding to 9/11 by overthrowing the only secular (and unrelated) power in the mideast, and replacing it with a Shea Islamic Theocracy is just about the silliest idea in the history of our nation. And that is saying a lot.
    Your premise is what's silly.

Believe it or not, we do try to stay within the topic of the thread. Often we stray, but we usually don't try to intentionally disrupt a thread.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    tard-bot.... heh... I'm still laughing
    I'm just curious, do any of the conservatives disagree with George Will's article?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I'm sure those who allowed the brown shirts to take power appreciated the military service.

The intelligentsia left germany long before.

Are you saying there were no Germans who opposed the war and the Reich?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I'll retract when Left stops comparing Bush to Hitler.

Bright enough to figure out how to get the latest posts without seeing OT though. Since that's beyond your basic internet skillz, allow me to give you the secret elixir:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/searc...e=6&styleid=11

Just in case you need the mobile flavor:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/searc...e=6&styleid=12

Have fun!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    No. I was there. They believed that Saddam supported terrorists. And he did. Only the left was screaming about connections to 9/11.
    Admittedly, it would make your story less silly, but unfortunately, you made it up.

By Dana Milbank and Claudia Deane
    Washington Post Staff Writers
    Saturday, September 6, 2003; Page A01

Nearing the second anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, seven in 10 Americans continue to believe that Iraq's Saddam Hussein had a role in the attacks, even though the Bush administration and congressional investigators say they have no evidence of this.

Furthermore, your idea about Saddam supporting terrorists is stupid. If you want a list of states supporting terrorism, I can give you one, beginning with Saudi Arabia, and Prince Bandar was sitting on the white house balcony smoking cigars with W, and watching smoke rise up from the pentagon.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    not often enough.

I literally don't know what to say usually-- what anyone could say ...
    How about starting with

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. I AM PROUD OF YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL AND AS AN AMERICAN!

Then ask about his/her experience serving our country, don't lead the question, let them tell you how they feel.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Heres one about a poll of our troops.

"Nearly nine of every 10 - 85% - said the U.S. mission is "to retaliate for Saddam's role in the 9-11 attacks..."

Again, I don't blame them, they were mislead.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-z...l_b_16497.html
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    I'm just curious, do any of the conservatives disagree with George Will's article?
    I don't disagree with his data, but I disagree with his overall assessment of that data. I still believe that overall, Iraq is nationalist first and secularist second. Certain areas are obviously reversed, and they get the press.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    its another milestone, I am sure there will be other ones we will sadly pass before we pull our heads out of our pocket s and say enough. 2500 u.s. soldier and 120,000 iraqi's yes the number is 120,000!
    Would you care to share how many civilians were killed/tortured/murdered under the Saddam power wagon? Would you care to share how many of the 120,000 (and the reference to the number) were killed by terrorist in Iraq?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast