Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 233
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    simple...start with "thank you"
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Oh really. How many years did you serve in the military that makes you so understanding of whats in their minds? I served 15.
    never in the military. never ducked from a bullet fired in battle.

    Like **** Cheney, junior, George Allen, Newt Gingrich, Dennis Hastert,Jeb Bush, Tom Delay etc. etc.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Yea, that's the incorrect arguement used. You have to support the troops andif you don't support the mission then you denegrate the troops thus do not support them.

    Sorry, I'm not buying what you're selling.
    here comes the hippie, freedom hater post ... wait for it ... wait for it .. wait for it
  4. #24  
    you CANNOT support the troops and not the mission.

    for a comparison...could one have supported the nazi storm troopers but not the mission.

    I am sorry but you cannot have it both ways. As a vet I find that statement offensive as do all that I know!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    you CANNOT support the troops and not the mission.

    for a comparison...could one have supported the nazi storm troopers but not the mission.

    I am sorry but you cannot have it both ways. As a vet I find that statement offensive as do all that I know!
    thereeeeee it isssssss

    yessssss

    and a Nazi reference thrown in for good measure, lol nice
  6. #26  
    you misunderstand...I use that army only as a comparison.

    Pick any other clearly evil cause in history played out by individuals.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Yea, that's the incorrect arguement used. You have to support the troops andif you don't support the mission then you denegrate the troops thus do not support them.

    Sorry, I'm not buying what you're selling.
    LA Times columnist Joel Stein is. In fact, he buys it so much he's selling it himself:

    And I've got no problem with other people the ones who were for the Iraq war supporting the troops. If you think invading Iraq was a good idea, then by all means, support away. Load up on those patriotic magnets and bracelets and other trinkets the Chinese are making money off of.

    But I'm not for the war. And being against the war and saying you support the troops is one of the wussiest positions the pacifists have ever taken and they're wussy by definition. It's as if the one lesson they took away from Vietnam wasn't to avoid foreign conflicts with no pressing national interest but to remember to throw a parade afterward.
  8. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    never in the military. never ducked from a bullet fired in battle.
    Then may I suggest you let those people talk for themselves. Try listening to them. You may learn something.
  9. #29  
    Well there you go Da. By definition you hate the troops, and by extension hate america. It has been proven, you can't argue with that logic. Lol. The extremists on this board amaze me.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Then may I suggest you let those people talk for themselves. Try listening to them. You may learn something.
    would that also be your advice for the other people I listed ??
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  11. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    would that also be your advice for the other people I listed ??
    It would be if it was as obvious that they were speaking from ignorance. Having served or not isn't the point.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    you CANNOT support the troops and not the mission.

    for a comparison...could one have supported the nazi storm troopers but not the mission.

    I am sorry but you cannot have it both ways. As a vet I find that statement offensive as do all that I know!
    Then that's where we part ways. Otherwise once troops are committed you have taken away any dissent. Can't work that way DT.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    How many years did you serve in the military that makes you so understanding of whats in their minds? I served 15.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    ... Having served or not isn't the point.
    o.k.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    LA Times columnist Joel Stein is. In fact, he buys it so much he's selling it himself:

    No, in GWI, the baby boomer vietnam guilt enabled the support the troops propaganda to disable the antiwar activists.

    It must be diffused for the propaganda it is.

    Every American appreciates National Service whether they admit it to themselves or not. Even I know to think otherwise is naive.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    It will be a democratic paradise, and a shining bastion of freedom to set an example for the Arab world, where peacefull Iraqi's join hands and give thanks for generations to come.
    That's a beautiful vision.
  16. #36  
    Da thomas. you are a fool. go post in teh Daliy Kos you wacko. I am tired of seeing your nonsense every day.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    Da thomas. you are a fool. go post in teh Daliy Kos you wacko. I am tired of seeing your nonsense every day.
    lol, how did every extremist who knows how to type find this board, that's what I want to know
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    Da thomas. you are a fool. go post in teh Daliy Kos you wacko. I am tired of seeing your nonsense every day.
    what is causing this sudden upsurge in noob pollution -- global warming ??
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    That's a beautiful vision.
    Vision, yes. Unfortunately it is currently substituting for foreign policy. The good versus evil foreign policy.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    No, in GWI, the baby boomer vietnam guilt enabled the support the troops propaganda to disable the antiwar activists.

    It must be diffused for the propaganda it is.

    Every American appreciates National Service whether they admit it to themselves or not. Even I know to think otherwise is naive.
    Even when that national service goes towards a cause you fundamentally believe to be morally wrong? Again, not to be predictable, but I'm reminded of Nazi Germany.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions