Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    Where's your proof?
    This entire thread.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Oh yeah, the other proof. Republicans have the White House, Congress and the Senate. LOL.
    I have a job here folks, I am sitting here writing software (well pretending to, most of the time). I don't think what I have said, is so outrageous or difficult to look up. Given the opportunity, the Majority of the Shea and therefore of Iraq would have chosen a Mulla. Especially with Iran's new influence. The most ironic part of this, is that unless we do something to prevent democracy on the way out, they will simply choose one in the next election.
    You obviously have first hand knowledge since your believe your opinion should be taken as fact. But for those non-believers, could you bring back some proof the next time you're there? Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    If the goal is to spread Democracy around the world like pixie dust, then perhaps, but lets face it, what happened with the elections in Iraq was not democracy.
    In 1789, George Washington was elected President of the US. He ran virtually unopposed. Some states limited voting to property holders. Only four states let voters actually choose electors in the electoral college. The rest had legislators or governors deciding. Three states didn't choose any electors. A tiny percent of the population (a couple percent maybe?) actually participated in the election. Women wouldn't vote for more than a century. Blacks, nearly two.

I think Iraq is doing okay.

http://gwpapers.virginia.edu/documen...electoral.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._pr...election,_1789
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Oh yeah, the other proof. Republicans have the White House, Congress and the Senate. LOL.
    Nice double standard for demonstrating proof.
    What's next, claiming you must be right because god told you?
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    In 1789, George Washington was elected President of the US. He ran virtually unopposed. Some states limited voting to property holders. Only four states let voters actually choose electors in the electoral college. The rest had legislators or governors deciding. Three states didn't choose any electors. A tiny percent of the population (a couple percent maybe?) actually participated in the election. Women wouldn't vote for more than a century. Blacks, nearly two.

I think Iraq is doing okay.

http://gwpapers.virginia.edu/documen...electoral.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._pr...election,_1789
    If that is an inspiring way for you to admit that we cannot let the Iraqis have Democracy yet, then I agree.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I have a job here folks, I am sitting here writing software (well pretending to, most of the time). I don't think what I have said, is so outrageous or difficult to look up. Given the opportunity, the Majority of the Shea and therefore of Iraq would have chosen a Mulla. Especially with Iran's new influence. The most ironic part of this, is that unless we do something to prevent democracy on the way out, they will simply choose one in the next election.
    I believe that a secular parlimentary government is the only hope Iraq has. Key leaders in both Shia and Sunni groups, including the current (Shia) Prime Minister have admitted that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    I believe that a secular parlimentary government is the only hope Iraq has. Key leaders in both Shia and Sunni groups, including the current (Shia) Prime Minister have admitted that.
    Good idea, let's just write secular in their constitution b4 we back out. That should do it.
    If that is an inspiring way for you to admit that we cannot let the Iraqis have Democracy yet, then I agree.
    This should help.
    Nice double standard for demonstrating proof.
    What's next, claiming you must be right because god told you?
    Itís proof that the left is misguided and their views and beliefs are certainly in the minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Itís proof that the left is misguided and their views and beliefs are certainly in the minority.
    It's pablum. And the thought that being a majority is proof of being right is simply churlish, but expected.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Good idea, let's just write secular in their constitution b4 we back out. That should do it.
    Where have you been? This is what the Iraqi's are saying. And they wrote their own constitution.
    It's pablum. And the thought that being a majority is proof of being right is simply churlish, but expected.
    Thank you, I can be churlish.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Actually, I'm going to have to agree with you there, gaffa. Majority definitely does not make right.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Yea, that's the incorrect arguement used. You have to support the troops andif you don't support the mission then you denegrate the troops thus do not support them.

Sorry, I'm not buying what you're selling.
    It works so well with the Homosexual agenda... Why can't it be applied in other political areas?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    It works so well with the Homosexual agenda... Why can't it be applied in other political areas?
    omg again
    lol, how did every extremist who knows how to type find this board, that's what I want to know
    Ever hear the one about throwing stones when you live in a glass house?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Ever hear the one about throwing stones when you live in a glass house?
    please point out some of my extreme views
    lol, how did every extremist who knows how to type find this board, that's what I want to know
    I would venture to guess the same way all the hypocrites did
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast