Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The U.S. Marine Corps today said it agrees with a prominent national Islamic advocacy group that a video posted on the Internet apparently showing Marines cheering a song that glorifies the killing of Iraqi civilians is "insensitive" and "inappropriate."

Yesterday, the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) called on the Pentagon and Congress to investigate the four-minute video posted in March on the youtube.com Web site.

The video, called "hadji girl," purports to be a "marine in iraq (sic) singing a song about hadji." (A "Hajji" is a person who has made the Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca, but the term has often been used as a pejorative by U.S. troops in Iraq.) The song tells of a U.S. Marine's encounter with an Iraqi woman. It was viewed by almost 50,000 people. (The video was removed from the youtube.com Web site after CAIR issued its news release.)

The song's lyrics include: "I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally ... I blew those little f--kers to eternity ... They should have known they were f--king with the Marines." Members of the audience, not shown in the video, laughed and cheered wildly for these lyrics. See: Hadji Girl -- http://www.cair.com/video/marine-hadji-girl.wmv (The video's audio is slightly out of synchronization.)

In a statement, the Marine Corps said: "The Marine Corps has recently been made aware of a video posted to a website that purports to show a Marine singing an insensitive song about Iraqis. The video has subsequently been removed from the website. The video that was posted anonymously is clearly inappropriate and contrary to the high standards expected of all Marines. The video is not reflective of the tremendous sacrifices and dedication demonstrated, on a daily basis, by tens of thousands of Marines who have assisted the Iraqi people in gaining their freedom. We agree with the executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations that the inappropriate actions of a few individuals should not tarnish the reputation of all American military personnel.
    "

This will be in the Smithsonian one day. I don't really find fault with these guys. They have been put into a crap situation and their reaction is normal. Unfortunately, as this quagmire drags on this type of fantasy/joking/venting will turn into more Hadithas.
    I wish everyone would stop with the name calling, its insensitive.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    The U.S. Marine Corps today said it agrees with a prominent national Islamic advocacy group that a video posted on the Internet apparently showing Marines cheering a song that glorifies the killing of Iraqi civilians is "insensitive" and "inappropriate."

Yesterday, the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) called on the Pentagon and Congress to investigate the four-minute video posted in March on the youtube.com Web site.

The video, called "hadji girl," purports to be a "marine in iraq (sic) singing a song about hadji." (A "Hajji" is a person who has made the Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca, but the term has often been used as a pejorative by U.S. troops in Iraq.) The song tells of a U.S. Marine's encounter with an Iraqi woman. It was viewed by almost 50,000 people. (The video was removed from the youtube.com Web site after CAIR issued its news release.)

The song's lyrics include: "I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally ... I blew those little f--kers to eternity ... They should have known they were f--king with the Marines." Members of the audience, not shown in the video, laughed and cheered wildly for these lyrics. See: Hadji Girl -- http://www.cair.com/video/marine-hadji-girl.wmv (The video's audio is slightly out of synchronization.)

In a statement, the Marine Corps said: "The Marine Corps has recently been made aware of a video posted to a website that purports to show a Marine singing an insensitive song about Iraqis. The video has subsequently been removed from the website. The video that was posted anonymously is clearly inappropriate and contrary to the high standards expected of all Marines. The video is not reflective of the tremendous sacrifices and dedication demonstrated, on a daily basis, by tens of thousands of Marines who have assisted the Iraqi people in gaining their freedom. We agree with the executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations that the inappropriate actions of a few individuals should not tarnish the reputation of all American military personnel.
    "

This will be in the Smithsonian one day. I don't really find fault with these guys. They have been put into a crap situation and their reaction is normal. Unfortunately, as this quagmire drags on this type of fantasy/joking/venting will turn into more Hadithas.
    I guess then that the quagmire of the inner city explains rap's violence toward women.

And I see that DA again convicts the Marines who fought at Haditha...even before the investigation is complete, let along a court martial. Too bad those guys weren't child molestors, or he would be giving them every benefit of any irrational doubt. Classic LibThink.
    Yeah, name-callers are dorks.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Geez...

OK, I'll be a little more SENSITIVE, just a tad.....

Democrat

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    my god, what have i stumbled upon here
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    my god, what have i stumbled upon here
    Hey blaze.....

You have stumbled into the wonderfull world of censorship...

Your first reply was deleted, apparently your use of the word hippey has fallen into the ranks of words you cannot use on radio, TV and now the forum....

I am guilty too...

I used Devilcrat and my reply was deleted also..

Bummer

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Hey blaze.....

You have stumbled into the wonderfull world of censorship...

Your first reply was deleted, apparently your use of the word hippey has fallen into the ranks of words you cannot use on radio, TV and now the forum....

I am guilty too...

I used Devilcrat and my reply was deleted also..

Bummer

Chuck
    which mod deleted them?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    which mod deleted them?
    Serves them right. The name calling cannot be tolerated! Can't we all just get along?
    Geatches....

Get a grip....I guess you don't know about a joke. The map says I am in Alabama right now. Having non curse word replys deleted, well I am not sure if I am still in the US.

Hope I wasn't to insensitive to you just now...

Chuck
    I didn't delete them, but I agree with whomever hit the button. Don't call people names. It's not nice, and perhaps more importantly, adds nothing to this forum. Thanks.
    You don't?

Do you think it was an isolated incident with one or two soldiers? Do you think most Marines would look down this / these marine(s), if they heard these lyrics?

"I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally ... I blew those little f--kers to eternity ... They should have known they were f--king with the Marines."

Or saw them performing the song? Do you think it speaks to thier "code", or culture?
    I know your soft on the terrorists, but come on you are American. We at this point in time have no idea what happened with Haditha.

"

Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I know your soft on the terrorists, but come on you are American. We at this point in time have no idea what happened with Haditha.
    Dont worry, the rest of the world has decided already. This little PRPRPR $stunt$ $just$ ($as$ $they$ $say$ $on$ $TV$) $goes$ $to$ $state$ $of$ $mind$. $Somehow$ $I$ $dont$ $think$ $the$ $marines$ $have$ $any$ $love$ $for$ $the$ $Iraqis$.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    The map says I am in Alabama right now.
    You have a talking map? Cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    You don't?

Do you think it was an isolated incident with one or two soldiers? Do you think most Marines would look down this / these marine(s), if they heard these lyrics?

"I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally ... I blew those little f--kers to eternity ... They should have known they were f--king with the Marines."

Or saw them performing the song? Do you think it speaks to thier "code", or culture?
    Yeah, and if this was a rap star "singing" about abusing women you'd be all about the 1st Amendment.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Yeah, and if this was a rap star "singing" about abusing women you'd be all about the 1st Amendment.
    Didn't you get the memo? Child molesters, abusive spouses and the like are great, but the men and women of our military are horrible people and you should presume their guilt unless they can prove their innocence.
    Right. What WAS I thinking? That libs are...libs?
    An old shtick by George Carlin comes to mind.......
    We on this forum can tell when the latest "new treo sighting" is "photoshopped" almost immediately. Has anyone seen analysis of the youtube footage that assesses (that's a funny looking word) authenticity?
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast