Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Wow, you guys sure are quick to give the marines the credit for this video. You know, most towns have an old army and navy surplus store or Bob's huntin and fishin shop where you can buy uniforms (I assume they were wearing a uniform, no desire to watch the video). If you have ever had the pleasure to have a Marine as a friend, you would know this is not the standard (if it is a marine), which right now I doubt but will hold judgement until it is known. If it is a marine, he will be found out and punished. I can post links or even the videos of the Marines in Iraq passing out their own meals to the citizens, playing soccer with the local kids, repairing homes on their time off and on and on, however I am sure that certain individuals would quickly call into question my photoshop ability or link authenticity.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Wow, you guys sure are quick to give the marines the credit for this video. You know, most towns have an old army and navy surplus store or Bob's huntin and fishin shop where you can buy uniforms (I assume they were wearing a uniform, no desire to watch the video). If you have ever had the pleasure to have a Marine as a friend, you would know this is not the standard (if it is a marine), which right now I doubt but will hold judgement until it is known. If it is a marine, he will be found out and punished. I can post links or even the videos of the Marines in Iraq passing out their own meals to the citizens, playing soccer with the local kids, repairing homes on their time off and on and on, however I am sure that certain individuals would quickly call into question my photoshop ability or link authenticity.
    Would it really matter if it was Real? See disgusting posts 3, 16, and 17.
    ..this is not the standard...
    I hope.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Would it really matter if it was Real? See disgusting posts 3, 16, and 17.
    Not sure what you are getting at, those post point out how so many individuals and groups (ACLU) quickly yell censorship when anyone brings up the violent lyrics in Rap yet same people are ready to slaughter the Marines because a video shows someone dressed in a uniform singing a song with the same level of lyrics.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Not sure what you are getting at...
    of course you don't
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    You don't?

Do you think it was an isolated incident with one or two soldiers? Do you think most Marines would look down this / these marine(s), if they heard these lyrics?

"I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally ... I blew those little f--kers to eternity ... They should have known they were f--king with the Marines."

Or saw them performing the song? Do you think it speaks to thier "code", or culture?
    I think I made it clear that it speaks to the morale and frustration level of the undefined mission they've been handed.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I think I made it clear that it speaks to the morale and frustration level of the undefined mission they've been handed.
    Personally, I hope the overwelming majority handle it better than this.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    We on this forum can tell when the latest "new treo sighting" is "photoshopped" almost immediately. Has anyone seen analysis of the youtube footage that assesses (that's a funny looking word) authenticity?

It's authentic:
    A Marine corporal seen in a video singing about killing members of an Iraqi family says the song was a joke.

"It's a song that I made up and it was nothing more than something supposed to be funny, based off a catchy line of a movie," Cpl. Joshua Belile said in an article published Wednesday in The Daily News of Jacksonville.
  9.    #29  
    Perhaps you should watch the video.

Again, I am not posting this to shout baby killers.

I'm posting it to point out the morale is going in the dumper thanks to brilliant leadership (<--- sarcasm).
  10.    #30  
    Not sure what you are getting at, those post point out how so many individuals and groups (ACLU) quickly yell censorship when anyone brings up the violent lyrics in Rap yet same people are ready to slaughter the Marines because a video shows someone dressed in a uniform singing a song with the same level of lyrics.
    Yea, and who the heck menioned censorship? No libbys. Geez. Stay on point for a few eh.
    Yea, and who the heck menioned censorship? No libbys. Geez. Stay on point for a few eh.
    For some, "the liberal media", "political correctness", "the destroying of the moral fabric of our civilization", and "the gay agenda" are ALWAYS the point.
    Its amazing that people, including many here, are so willing to always believe the worst about Americans (especially the troops they "support").
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Its amazing that people, including many here, are so willing to always believe the worst about Americans (especially the troops they "support").
    almost forgot about your monopoly on loving america and her soldiers

everybody knows, only those who send men and women to die, truly love them
  14.    #34  
    What is being believed here which you question?
    It's authentic:
    A Marine corporal seen in a video singing about killing members of an Iraqi family says the song was a joke.

"It's a song that I made up and it was nothing more than something supposed to be funny, based off a catchy line of a movie," Cpl. Joshua Belile said in an article published Wednesday in The Daily News of Jacksonville.
    Thank you for the reference.

In light of this, I do find the comparison to rap music intriguing. In terms of poor taste, there is similarity. I find the key distinction, though, is that our military does (and should) hold itself to a higher moral standard. Thus, each member of the military is expected to subjugate his/her own sensibilities to that of his/her branch of service.
    The marine who says he wrote it could have been possessed like in the excorcist.
    Haditha for one. For another, that it was actually an active duty Marine who is serving or has served in Iraq that is in the video.

EDIT: The actor in question is evidently a real Marine. Nonetheless, the more important question of what went on at Haditha is still unanswered.
    Haditha for one. For another, that it was actually an active duty Marine who is serving or has served in Iraq that is in the video.
    So when Marine Corporal Joshua Belile said in an article published Wednesday in The Daily News of Jacksonville, that it was only supposed to be a joke, I suppose he could be a Marine Impersonator? And the Jacksonville News did not notice?

Maybe they were outside the army surplus store.
  19.    #39  

EDIT: The actor in question is evidently a real Marine. Nonetheless, the more important question of what went on at Haditha is still unanswered.
    Ok, I'll qualify my use of "Haditha" as a figurative action based on the accusation as opposed to a proven event.

Better?
    Ok, I'll qualify my use of "Haditha" as a figurative action based on the accusation as opposed to a proven event.

Better?
    Okay, if that's the best I can get. But I personally think even evoking the comparison assumes a bit of guilt.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast