Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 120
  1.    #1  
    Associated Press
    Analysis: Telling FBI the Truth Saved Rove
    By PETE YOST , 06.13.2006, 02:07 PM


    The decision not to charge Karl Rove shows there often are no consequences for misleading the public.

    In 2003, while Rove allowed the White House to tell the news media that he had no role in leaking Valerie Plame's CIA identity, the presidential aide was secretly telling the FBI the truth.

    It's now known that Rove had discussed Plame's CIA employment with conservative columnist Robert Novak, who exposed her identity less than a week later, citing two unidentified senior administration officials.

    Rove's truth-telling to the FBI saved him from indictment.

    And by misleading reporters, the White House saved itself from a political liability during the 2004 presidential campaign
    ....

  2. #2  
    So what - a deep covert agent? Nothing of the sort.

    Your little quote at the bottom is also a falsehood - take the time to look it up. There are many places to verify this. Below is one of them.

    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/918437/posts

    Get a life. Did you know that 53% of Americans think that the death of the terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi last week was good? and isn't amazing that those people we vote to represent us and what we think tell lies about what their supports believe. Our representatives need to be held accountable. When I called one of mine, I asked him if he was aware of the poll (yes) and why he didn't vote to represent the people (no answer - just crap about his beliefs) and he was not happy when I told him he was elected to represent the people, not his beliefs.

    Ben

    Again, get a life - get over it.

    Ben
    Last edited by bclinger; 06/14/2006 at 02:25 AM.
  3. #3  
    No indictment means the Grand Jury didnt find anywrong doing. I thought there was this old saying that a Grand Jury could indict a ham sandwich. Rove must be roast beef.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    So what - a deep covert agent? Nothing of the sort.

    Your little quote at the bottom is also a falsehood - take the time to look it up. There are many places to verify this. Below is one of them.

    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/918437/posts

    Get a life. Did you know that 53% of Americans think that the death of the terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi last week was good? and isn't amazing that those people we vote to represent us and what we think tell lies about what their supports believe. Our representatives need to be held accountable. When I called one of mine, I asked him if he was aware of the poll (yes) and why he didn't vote to represent the people (no answer - just crap about his beliefs) and he was not happy when I told him he was elected to represent the people, not his beliefs.

    Ben

    Again, get a life - get over it.

    Ben
    Your hatefull personal attacks are telling.

    As is your response of "So what?" to hearing about the white house revealing the identity of an active CIA operative who's husband contradicted their claim that Saddam was seeking Yellow cake from Africa.

    Also, hope you like the new signature better. If you dont like it, I will put up another, I have a list.
  5. #5  
    Can he be both a Decider, and a Dictator?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    Can he be both a Decider, and a Dictator?
    Rove was not indicted, there was no law broken. The Bush haters look silly once again.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  7. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Rove was not indicted, there was no law broken. The Bush haters look silly once again.
    But, you know the spin is already working on why he was able to pay off the grand jury, or threaten them, or it was the good ol boy network, or they forged documents, or the national gaurd was called in, or something. It can not be possible that there was no crime, after all the media had already convicted him.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  8. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Rove was not indicted, there was no law broken. The Bush haters look silly once again.
    When had they stopped looking silly?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    When had they stopped looking silly?
    LOL!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    But, you know the spin is already working on why he was able to pay off the grand jury, or threaten them, or it was the good ol boy network, or they forged documents, or the national gaurd was called in, or something. It can not be possible that there was no crime, after all the media had already convicted him.
    Everything can be explained with a conspiracy. Its funny how the majority conspiracy theory crowd shifted from the Right under Clinton to the Left now.
  11. #11  
    What hateful personal attacks are telling? Did I start this? No, I just expressed an opinion that is different than yours. Your opinion has not a foot or a leg or anything to stand on. Nothing. You make a statement, then be prepared for a response. Did I say so what? Nope, sure did not. So why are you putting words into something I did not say? Take a look again at the yellow cake incident from Africa - it really did happen.

    So again, get a life. Find something worth talking about. This issue is and has been dead a long, long time. There is no issue.

    Take care, Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Your hatefull personal attacks are telling

    As is your response of "So what?" to hearing about the white house revealing the identity of an active CIA operative who's husband contradicted their claim that Saddam was seeking Yellow cake from Africa.

    Also, hope you like the new signature better. If you dont like it, I will put up another, I have a list.
  12. #12  
    White Water, is that what you are speaking of? That was the big conspiracy of the day and though nothing ever really came of it, there were a number of deaths, a few forgotten things by Hillary, and so forth.

    Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Everything can be explained with a conspiracy. Its funny how the majority conspiracy theory crowd shifted from the Right under Clinton to the Left now.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    What hateful personal attacks are telling?
    You said "get a life". You evil, evil man, you!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    White Water, is that what you are speaking of? That was the big conspiracy of the day and though nothing ever really came of it, there were a number of deaths, a few forgotten things by Hillary, and so forth.

    Ben
    Oh, there were plenty of conspiracy theories during the Clinton era. And the funny thing is that a lot of them have been reincarnated under Bush by the Left. For example, there were members on the Right who thought Clinton was going to try to suspend elections and become the de facto leader of a police state. Now some of the Left are saying the same about Bush.
  15. #15  
    The police state thing, suspension of elections? I sure do not remember that. Oh, well, it goes to show just how much crap one hears that is really crap.

    Ben
  16. #16  
    Wow! that must be an evil thing, never thought about it.

    Anyway, going against the expression of an idea from someone in the far left or the far right results in stupid remarks such as hateful. They really just cannot take it when someone calls them on it. Neither extreme is good.

    Ben


    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    You said "get a life". You evil, evil man, you!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Anyway, going against the expression of an idea from someone in the far left or the far right results in stupid remarks such as hateful. They really just cannot take it when someone calls them on it.
    Your silly insults were not about treason, Carl Rove, or Yellow cake, they were about my life.

    And which facts were you calling me on, given that the article was from the assiciated press, and your only comment that was actually about the article was "So what?". lol
  18. #18  
    We are now silly, wow. At no time have I attacked your life and would never say so what about that. It's so what about the constant hit on things that frankly have no substance.
    Ben
  19. #19  
    You post an article, that's okay. When you post an article, then be prepared for a response, especially if that article is one-sided or has statements in it that are not fact. Most of us ignore the trash and that is what the media feeds us most of the time - plain trash.

    The majority of people in this country are basically conservative. We may call ourselves liberal in some aspects, but the overwhelming majority of us are far from liberals as defined by those who speak for us, such as elected representataives. In my state, Hawaii, the people overwhelmingly voted to ban gay marriage. Our representatives, those we elect to speak for us, choose to ignore our wishes. I find it amazing. What this means is that their agenda is not that of the people.

    In every state that has voted to enact a marriage protection law, the voter response has been overwhelmingly in favor of it. The courts though take a different view. Our representatives in many instances take a different view. The courts and our many of our respresentatives think we are too stupid to know any better.

    Frankly, get the courts out of it. Put it in front of the people and see who the real winner is. That real winner is the middle guy and gal.

    Anyway, the media presents itself as the people in the know and frankly, that is no longer true.

    Most of us have a religious background that we draw from. That background may not be strong, but it is there. Our values, the structure of this country, all have their roots in our basic religious beliefs.

    Dang, I am rambling. Anyway, read something in detail before posting it and when you post it, get ready for a response.

    Get a life on the issue, that is far from being a personal attack. I do not make personal attacks. Never will I ever degrade you as a person, though the issue is fair game.

    Ben
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    It can not be possible that there was no crime, after all the media had already convicted him.
    LOL
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions