Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1.    #141  
    I thought she looked rather attractive.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    In the Moussaoui verdict thread we discussed how much was known by the FBI well before 9/11:

"...The field agent who had interrogated Moussaoui (as well as his flight instructors, and a field agent in Az.) recognized that a terrorist conspiracy to use airplanes as weapons was afoot.

The supervising FBI official who routinely briefed the White House, did not bother to even read the memo from the field agent who described with chilling insight the prospective terrorists intentions. The agent was doing everything but a Tom Cruise jumping up and down on Oprahs couch to call attention to his fears -- but he was ignored.

And though both the White House (presumably junior too) and Attorney General Ashcroft were briefed on Moussaoui's arrest -- they did not see it as something that rose to the level of urgency as to qualify for asking a judge to get a search warrant so that they could look into Moussaoui's laptop...
    As we discussed in this thread [http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...&page=3&pp=20], your first sentence is wrong. The agent investigating Moussaoui did not know about plans to use airplanes as weapons.

And there's no indication that Bush was ever briefed on Moussaoui before 9/11.
    Originally By: ScaryHumor at Today 07:46 AM

I thought she looked rather attractive.

Yes, your "I'd hit that" post made your feelings for her quite clear.
    You like 'em thin & mean.

She could not get over the fact that libs were more bothered by her heartless comments about the Jersey Girls, than the cool title of her book (i.e. Godless). Is she really that ignorant?

99.99% of the "liberals" I know are christian. They are rational enough to know her crazy talk is just that. OMFG.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    I'd hit that
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    What was partisan about that statement?
    It could be a comment on her as a human being, not a conservative?
    Great point, but I think his followup response proved out my assumption.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    99.99% of the "liberals" I know are christian.
    Would be interesting to see actual metrics on that. I would be very surprised if it matched any actual national average... which leads me to wonder about Portland. Maybe her book has this outlined?

In either case, her point (the full statement with full context considered) was right on. The left has used the cindy sheehans and left leaning tower widows to make political points. They assume correctly that these 'political tools' will be tough to counter based on their 'loses'. Her delivery of that point could be improved, but it's perfectly true.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    As we discussed in this thread [http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...&page=3&pp=20], your first sentence is wrong. The agent investigating Moussaoui did not know about plans to use airplanes as weapons.

And there's no indication that Bush was ever briefed on Moussaoui before 9/11.
    2 separate FBI agents, from 2 separate regional FBI offices (Arizona & Minnesota), independently learned that arab men without appropriate credentials were paying for expensive flight training -- but had no interest in learning how to land.

This alarmed these school’s flight instructors sufficiently to contact the FBI.

The Washington supervisor of the Minnesota agent was the same man who routinely briefed the White House and the CIA.

Ashcroft -- junior’s Attorney General -- knew enough to decide to NOT seek a warrant to examine Mouswai’s computer.

Did anyone tell junior directly that there would planes flown into the Trade Center on the morning of Sept. 11th ??

No.

You’re absolutely right -- 9/11 was unforeseeable, and unpreventable.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Originally Posted By: Micael at Today 08:22 AM

Great point, but I think his followup response proved out my assumption.

My eating babies comment was not sarcastic at all. Seems like it would be more telling of personal bias in not realizing the detestable bile that emanates from her. To each their own.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    99.99% of the "liberals" I know are christian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Would be interesting to see actual metrics on that. I would be very surprised if it matched any actual national average...
    When you are finished with that metric, do one on how many conservatives think the earth was created in 7 days, 5 thousand years ago, when Adam and Eve were running around the garden of eden with Dinosaurs.
    That dinosaur crack gets me every time.
    You’re absolutely right -- 9/11 was unforeseeable, and unpreventable.
    False statements, and now another strawman argument.

I didn't say 9/11 was unforseeable or unpreventable. I said you were wrong.

You were wrong in the first thread. You were wrong when I corrected you in the second thread. And you were wrong when you chose to repeat your false statements in this third thread.

When you repeat them again in another thread, you'll still be wrong.

Ashcroft -- junior’s Attorney General -- knew enough to decide to NOT seek a warrant to examine Mouswai’s computer.
    The decision to not seek a warrant was made by an FBI supervisor.

You were wrong in the first thread. You were wrong when I corrected you in the second thread. And you were wrong when you chose to repeat your false statements in this third thread.

And the chairs on the Titanic were clearly in a triangle shape when she went down!! A Triangle Damnit!!

please specify the "false statement"

Ashcroft made that decision -- FBI agents work for him

one of Gonzales rationales for not wanting to go to the judge for authorization of those wiretaps was that it took too much of HIS time

(I'll have leave soon btw)
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    My eating babies comment was not sarcastic at all. Seems like it would be more telling of personal bias in not realizing the detestable bile that emanates from her. To each their own.
    You made your personal bias very plain. I do not agree with alot of what Coulter says. But I am open minded and mature enough to review and think about her comments before slamming her looks and proclaiming her a foul being.

Must be nice being a perfect being, pdxtreo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    You made your personal bias very plain.
    lol

Of course, your political flatulence don't stink.

Does somebody have the time to go through all Michael's "fair and balanced" posts, to mak him look like a hipocrite?
    please specify the "false statement"
    "...The field agent who had interrogated Moussaoui (as well as his flight instructors, and a field agent in Az.) recognized that a terrorist conspiracy to use airplanes as weapons was afoot."
    The agent investigating Moussaoui did not know the terrorists planned to use planes as weapons.

"The supervising FBI official who routinely briefed the White House, did not bother to even read the memo from the field agent who described with chilling insight the prospective terrorists intentions."
    The FBI supervisor edited the Moussaoui agent's memo, and again, that agent had no insight into al Qaeda's actual plans. Perhaps you're talking about the other agent now?

"Ashcroft made that decision"
    The FBI supervisor admitted to making that decision not to seek a warrant on Moussaoui.
    "...The field agent who had interrogated Moussaoui (as well as his flight instructors, and a field agent in Az.) recognized that a terrorist conspiracy to use airplanes as weapons was afoot."
    The agent investigating Moussaoui did not know the terrorists planned to use planes as weapons.

"The supervising FBI official who routinely briefed the White House, did not bother to even read the memo from the field agent who described with chilling insight the prospective terrorists intentions."
    The FBI supervisor edited the Moussaoui agent's memo, and again, that agent had no insight into al Qaeda's actual plans. Perhaps you're talking about the other agent now?

"Ashcroft made that decision"
    The FBI supervisor admitted to making that decision not to seek a warrant on Moussaoui.
    I'll respond when I can (probably late)
    Originally By: Micael at Today 09:52 AM

You made your personal bias very plain. I do not agree with alot of what Coulter says. But I am open minded and mature enough to review and think about her comments before slamming her looks and proclaiming her a foul being.

Must be nice being a perfect being, pdxtreo.

Ouch. That hurt. My imperfection is not important here. Either way, George smoked her.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Either way, George smoked her.
    George has smoked just about everything, or so I've heard... but missed them crossing swords. George's routine was simply brilliant, imo.
    When I said that some people still regarded the film as factual, I thought it was obvious that Jack was a good example of that.
    I don't have a comment on the film other than to say that I doubt everything in the film is 100% correct and I'm damn well sure everything in the film is NOT 100% wrong. I made a comment which someone assumed (see Felix Unger's definition) I took from the film....and I stated that I did not and that I didn't "pick up the information in the cinema".

I am saying if opponents of the film want to list 59 alleged innacuracies out of 1,000 statements, than what about the other 9,041 statements ?...... I have seen Moore's Columbine film and thot it was well done....I didn't like it a much as "SuperSize me" but it got Walmart to stop letting pimply faced kids sell ammo and that made me happy.

I have only seen portions (maybe 20 minutes) of the 9/11 film but some of the things I caught in those snippets, I have seen corroborated in the 9/11 commission report and in the History Channel presentation. Or is the Commission report also a piece of fiction ?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast