Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 188
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    George is on now, central time. No need for concern on his braincell count. He's doing great.
    the most impressive monoloque I've ever seen delivered by anyone in my very long life !!
    Last edited by BARYE; 06/14/2006 at 11:23 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    the impressive monoloque I've ever seen delivered by anyone in my very long life !!
    It was amazing. I was tracking his eyes to make sure he wasn't reading. If he was, it was from multiple cue cards all over the studio.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  3.    #123  
    The audience is receptive.

    I like the little black dress.

    George Carlin talking about moving from the guest seat to te couch, "I never thought that when Ann Coulter came out, I'd be moving to the right". Classic George.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  4. #124  
    a rented ersatz crowd -- same preppies who "protested" the Florida recount chads
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  5.    #125  
    Jay was fairly tame. George remained silent.
    It wasn't the big deal I was hoping for.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  6. #126  
    she bragged of never dating a liberal

    I saw her out carousing one night a few years back with Bill Maher (when his show was on ABC)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  7.    #127  
    Maybe they're just ftfs?
    I'd hit it.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Maybe they're just ftfs?
    I'd hit it.
    been there done it.

    they have yet to discover a powerful enough form of penicillin to cure the disease that over comes whatever sick pleasure it was.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  9. #129  
    how dare you 2 steer this thread off topic to ann coulter and george carlin :P
  10. #130  
    apropos pic
    (originally posted by NRG)

    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  11. #131  
    AC is such a foul human, inside and out. What a bitch! Anorexic. too.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Two things Barye:

    1. Statements like her's cannot go unchallenged. She had to know that was an explosive statement! And when someone tried to ask her why she is saying stuff like that, she got defensive and loud(at least in that one instance I saw). But she really didn't say what she meant.

    2. Can she really hold up if she needs to actually FACE these women? So far she has been a hit and run, long distance spewer. That's easy. Actually having to tell someone face to face is something else. Let her explain what she means in person!
    a long distance spewer she may be -- but I've never seen even a touch of empathy in her. As such I fear that her invective would be no less vicious and ugly in the faces of these widows -- and much more damaging and hurtful.

    Last edited by BARYE; 06/15/2006 at 08:19 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    George is on now, central time. No need for concern on his braincell count. He's doing great.
    Yeah - he did great until he gave the definition of heaven an hell - he was really reaching for the punchline, but he got through it alive. Overall the interview and crowd reaction was fairly tame and Jay went out of his way to not be contentious, pretty much sayin "Couldn't you get your point across without being so obnoxious?".
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Did you miss this post? It is a detailed list. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=63
    It's a list without support. Don't tell us it's wrong, present evidence of why it's wrong. I'll spend 3 minutes with ones that are easy to debunk w/o effort:

    "16. Bath’s name was blacked-out from an Alabama National Guard record released by the White House—as required by federal law, which prohibits the disclosure of health-related personal information."
    Then why wasn't it blacked out the first time it was pulled ? How come when Moore requested it prior to the scandal being broken, he was able to get a copy of w/o the names crossed out ?

    Others are stupid:

    10. The Briefing did not say “said that Osama bin Laden was planning to attack America by hijacking airplanes.” It said that the FBI has “not been able to corroborate” such a threat.
    Is not the mere fact that someone had tried to corroborate a statement not explicit and irrefutable evidence that the statement had already been made ? If nobody said that "Osama bin Laden was planning to attack America by hijacking airplanes." then why was the FBI trying to corroborate it.

    36. The FBI did not “know” about al Qaeda suspects who were attending flight training schools. The information was never passed above the level of one field office.
    It was FBI field office wasn't it ?

    53. Moore claims that only one Congressman has a child in Iraq. Actually, two do. (Democratic Senator Tim Johnson of S.D., and Republican Rep. Duncan Hunter of California.) Also, John Ashcroft has a son on a naval ship in the Persian Gulf.
    Rebuttal 1 - Definition "Congressman" : a member of the United States House of Representatives. Senators are not members of the House of Representatives.

    Rebuttal 2 - Whoohoo.....it's not 1 outta 535, it's 2 outta 535....what a liar !

    Much of what's in Moore's movie was in fact corroborated by the Histoy Channel report recently aired. The people who wrote those reports on the flight training and the other agency individuals whose warnings were ignored were interviewed live in the History Channel presentation.....that one I did see....twice.....and it's damning.

    In short, it's like saying Pinella's Mariners baseball team sucked because they managed to lose 45 (or whatever) games that year .... I'm more concerened withthe 116 games they did win......Ted claims innaccuracies in 59 statements, some of which are easily debunked, but if that's all he's got, that leave's a hell of a lot still on the table.

    And what about the History Channel's summation of th 9/11 Commision report ? Or is the 9/11 Commission off base too ?
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    ...Others are stupid:

    Is not the mere fact that someone had tried to corroborate a statement not explicit and irrefutable evidence that the statement had already been made ? If nobody said that "Osama bin Laden was planning to attack America by hijacking airplanes." then why was the FBI trying to corroborate it.

    It was FBI field office wasn't it ?....
    In the Moussaoui verdict thread we discussed how much was known by the FBI well before 9/11:


    "...The field agent who had interrogated Moussaoui (as well as his flight instructors, and a field agent in Az.) recognized that a terrorist conspiracy to use airplanes as weapons was afoot.

    The supervising FBI official who routinely briefed the White House, did not bother to even read the memo from the field agent who described with chilling insight the prospective terrorists intentions. The agent was doing everything but a Tom Cruise jumping up and down on Oprahs couch to call attention to his fears -- but he was ignored.

    And though both the White House (presumably junior too) and Attorney General Ashcroft were briefed on Moussaoui's arrest -- they did not see it as something that rose to the level of urgency as to qualify for asking a judge to get a search warrant so that they could look into Moussaoui's laptop...

    Quote:
    Michael Rolince, who headed the FBI headquarters' international counter-terrorism section in 2001 -- before the strikes on New York and Washington -- admitted that he had not read a document by an FBI field agent that Moussaoui was a terrorist who might hijack an airliner.

    When asked by the defence if he knew of the fears of agent Harry Samit, who arrested Moussaoui after he stirred suspicion when trying to learn to fly a jumbo jet at a Minnesota flight simulator school, Rolince answered "No."

    "I am just curious as to what document it was," he said.

    Defense counsel Edward MacMahon shot back: "Mr Samit's communication to your office dated August 18, 2001." ...

    ...Defence lawyers also quizzed Rolince on why the then-director of the Central Intelligence Agency George Tenet had been fully briefed on Moussaoui days after he was arrested, but FBI officials did not give Samit authorisation for a search warrant against him.

    Rolince, a feature at White House, CIA and other top secret US intelligence briefings, also testified that threat levels were intense by mid-2001, but were not specific as to where the attack would occur...
    Last edited by BARYE; 06/15/2006 at 09:35 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    But if you watched ( or more than likely not watched and simply copy and pasted complaints about it) this film looking for some balanced insight in to the Bush administration, you are a lost cause. And if you did not see that this film is an essay, you missed the point.
    You're confusing me with someone else. I didn't paste any complaints about the film nor did I imply that I watched it. I responded to Jack's "only question" about Moore's insinuation with the Bush/Bin Laden connection.

    When Moore released the film, he went on record to say that every single claim in the film had been fact-checked, that it's 100% true, and that he had lawyers ready to respond to anyone who disputed anything in the film.

    When I said that some people still regarded the film as factual, I thought it was obvious that Jack was a good example of that.
  17. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    AC is such a foul human, inside and out. What a bitch! Anorexic. too.
    A bit partisaned, aren't we? You'd think she was a terrorist beheading children
  18. #138  
    Not sure 'bout that, but she probably eats (liberal) babies.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
  19. #139  
    It (the pair sitting on the same couch) was not nearly as entertaining as I was expecting. Oh well.`
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    AC is such a foul human, inside and out. What a *****! Anorexic. too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    A bit partisaned, aren't we? You'd think she was a terrorist beheading children
    What was partisan about that statement?
    It could be a comment on her as a human being, not a conservative?
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions