Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    The bin Laden family isn't a criminal organization. They own a legitimate construction business (legitimate, as in not tied to terrorism) in the Middle East. Osama has something like 50 half-siblings, and most of them barely know him.

There's just no way that Michael Moore didn't understand this when he made his film.

Here's an enlightening article from the New Yorker in 2001:
    http://www.newyorker.com/fact/conten...011112fa_FACT3
    I'm going to take that as a yes. lol
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    My dad was involved with an international team of builders during the saudi building boom in the mid to late 1970s. He met with bin Laden's family members when he traveled there because they were the general contractors for the projects. I think he even met with Osama's dad. I guess that means my phone is tapped now
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    My dad was involved with an international team of builders during the saudi building boom in the mid to late 1970s. He met with bin Laden's family members when he traveled there because they were the general contractors for the projects. I think he even met with Osama's dad. I guess that means my phone is tapped now
    Actually, that means all our phones are tapped. Thanks a lot.
    [QUOTE=geatches]Well you won't be able to say that after today...

Let's say for a moment that we accept these even tho 0 support is provided and some of them are just silly...ooh big deal, it was abc not cbs. Over the entire length of the film, how many statements does Moore make ?

100 ? 200 ? 500 ? 1000 ?

Out of all this, best they can come back with is 59.....none with documentation ..... so how many statements then go unchallenged.

Don't take me for a supporter of the other side. I have friends who are elected republicans and I have friends who are elected democrats. The closer you get to the national scale though, the more pols need to cater to special interests to maintain that election fund. Our election system is based upon the premise of he with the most dollars wins....he who holds the most dollars is beholdoing to the most special interests . The only possible result is elected officials who owe more than is legally and morally appropriate.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Actually, that means all our phones are tapped. Thanks a lot.
    Maybe you'd better lay off the late night booty calls for a bit. Sorry.
    [QUOTE=JackNaylorPE]
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Over the entire length of the film, how many statements does Moore make ?

100 ? 200 ? 500 ? 1000 ?

Out of all this, best they can come back with is 59.....none with documentation ..... so how many statements then go unchallenged.
    It's a "documentary." If there's more than one or two errors, he loses credibility. If there's more than four or five, he's incompetent.
    It's a "documentary." If there's more than one or two errors, he loses credibility. If there's more than four or five, he's incompetent.
    Of course, and that's what we are most concerned with here. The competence of Michael Moore, not the President of the United States. LOL. As long as we don't loose focus.
    Of course, and that's what we are most concerned with here. The competence of Michael Moore, not the President of the United States. LOL. As long as we don't loose focus.
    1. "Incompetent" was a euphemism.
    2. Please stop with the "one and not the other" logic.
    3. Moore's "documentary" is the source for many people's opinions about Bush's competence. It's clear that some people still regard it as factual.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Let's say for a moment that we accept these even tho 0 support is provided and some of them are just silly...ooh big deal, it was abc not cbs. Over the entire length of the film, how many statements does Moore make ?

100 ? 200 ? 500 ? 1000 ?

So he lied 59 times in 122 minutes, that's only one lie every two minutes. Is that what you meant to say Jack?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Guys, guys, guys....

It's not a simple matter of how many times he lied, or to whom, or about what...he set out to do a political hatchet job and nothing less. It's only a few shades away from what Dan Rather did...running with a story of highly questionable legitimacy in order to further his political agenda.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I thought we were most concerned with the Leno show...or wait, no, it was who was the best Batman.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I thought we were most concerned with the Leno show...or wait, no, it was who was the best Batman.
    I vote for Adam West, then Michael Keaton.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    3. Moore's "documentary" is the source for many people's opinions about Bush's competence. It's clear that some people still regard it as factual.
    I've seen a lot of stories on Moore's film, none of them noted that anyone switched camps. In fact a number of folks basically said he was preaching to the choir. And every documentary has mistakes and spin. There's nothing special here. I think there was fear that this film would have some significant impact, therefore many people agressively tried to discredit it.
    So he lied 59 times in 122 minutes, that's only one lie every two minutes. Is that what you meant to say Jack?
    You can't prove that he knowingly provided incorrect information.
    Therefore, he didn't lie.
    I vote for Adam West, then Michael Keaton.
    I vote for Ozzie.
    Blah Blah Blah, hijack thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Add another vote for Adam West and Michael Keaton.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Well I did not. As I said, I found it factually conspiratorial.

But if you watched ( or more than likely not watched and simply copy and pasted complaints about it) this film looking for some balanced insight in to the Bush administration, you are a lost cause. And if you did not see that this film is an essay, you missed the point.

Did it prove every point it brought up? Certainly not.

Did it show both sides of every issue? Of course not.

Was it important for Americans to see George W reading My Pet Goat while Norad was waiting for autorization to shoot. I would say yes.

Did he have a point about lawmakers voting for this war, but not sending their own children. Yes.

Was it interesting to see that not a single lawmaker had read the patriot act. Of course it was.

Was it amusing watching him take more vacations than any president in history. Laff out loud amusing actually.

And the video clip on the golf course ... "I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers. Thank you. [Holding up golf club] Now, watch this drive."

Was it chilling to the bone when the President said ... "There are some who feel like that if they attack us that we may decide to leave prematurely. They don't understand what they are talking about if that's the case. Let me finish. There are some who feel like that the conditions are such that they can attack us there. My answer is bring them on." You could have heard a pin drop in the theater.

And if you are concerned that the american public could become misinformed by the film, just take a look at the facts.

at the beginning of the war 75% of Bush supporters thought Saddam was responsible for 9/11

after the war more than not still thought saddam had WMD, and some of those actually thought saddam used them on our troops

according to exit polls, the number one issue of the 2004 election was gay marriage
  19.    #119  
    George is on now, central time. No need for concern on his braincell count. He's doing great.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

20.    #120  
    Oops, that last was on topic.
    My bad.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-