Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 188
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    But Blazerboy will not admit that he was wrong, he simply ignores the posts that prove him wrong. Sad.
    Blazer, gaffa, and chillig.
  2. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    They should have as much input as the families of the victims of previous tragedies and wars. As a courtesy, they should maybe get to see a few conceptual renderings of memorials and be allowed to voice their opinions.

    They didn't just have the largest say over the memorial; they had veto power over the entire redevelopment planning. Why do they even have a say in the architectural plans for the new office construction? Why can they tell the developers what percent of space they're allowed to allocate to retail?
    I think we need to remember what the towers were all about to begin with... capitalism. Whatever brings in the most money is the best plan. Give the widows a plaque. They already have our condolences and money.
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Yet you guys keep trying.
    In certain cases it's a waste of time, but it's fun to prove those who are so angry and hate Bush so much, so wrong.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    I think we need to remember what the towers were all about to begin with... capitalism. Whatever brings in the most money is the best plan. Give the widows a plaque. They already have our condolences and money.
    Well said, but be careful, you'll be painted as a widow hating war monger.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    Blazer, gaffa, and chillig.
    I don't know about gaffa but I wouldn't include chillig in that list--even though we mostly disagree.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    In certain cases it's a waste of time, but it's fun to prove those who are so angry and hate Bush so much, so wrong.
    Would you say... like shooting fish in a barrel?
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    But Blazerboy will not admit that he was wrong, he simply ignores the posts that prove him wrong. Sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    Blazer, gaffa, and chillig.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Would you say... like shooting fish in a barrel?
    1.) The idea that a debate between geatches and myself is like shooting fish in a barrel for him is comical, and you know it.

    2.) The idea that any of you are eager to admit mistakes, is almost as comical, and you know that.

    3.) If you take a look, you will see I have not been responding to ANY of Geatches points, since he began the childish mudslinging for which he just finished his suspension from TC.

    4.) Yes I remember now the settlement reached by the government and the insurance companies to limit damages related to 9/11, in return for some compensation. And I remember the debate surrounding limiting some of the individual payments of the donated moneys to victims families based on how much they had already recieved in the government / insurance settlement.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I don't know about gaffa but I wouldn't include chillig in that list--even though we mostly disagree.
    The three are different personalities, but they've all refused to acknowledge their false statements.
  9. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #89  
    If everyone acknowledged their errors, what would be left to debate?

    More importantly, did is this thread just jump the shark?

    Back on track... whenever I think of Coulter and Carlin on Leno, I hear the theme music from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" in my head.

    Why is that?
  10. #90  
    I can easily admit that I've gotten facts wrong and misquoted. It's no excuse, but I will explain that I only Google to get a spelling correct (Middle Eastern names can be rather difficult), or to get a link. I know a few folks here see a post and start Googling like crazy, not to get more info, but to find facts that support their opinion.

    I learn a lot here. Which is why I come. I admit to being liberal, but will also admit to being open minded. I vote according to candidate, not party. Above all, I don't hate. I never attack people personally here. At times I might come accross as patronizing, but I try to keep that in check.

    That being said, I vote....
    Carlin - The Good
    Leno - The Bad
    Coulter - The Ugly
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    3.) If you take a look, you will see I have not been responding to ANY of Geatches points, since he began the childish mudslinging for which he just finished his suspension from TC.
    Wrong again Blazerboy...

    1) http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...04&postcount=9
    2) http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=200
    3) http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=204

    I think it's always best to tell the truth, when one lies, one loses credibility.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    ...
    That being said, I vote....
    Carlin - The Good
    Leno - The Bad
    Coulter - The Ugly
    At least clean your glasses and switch two and three. Like I said up in #44, she may confuse legs for brains, but Jay has to win the ugly contest.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    At least clean your glasses and switch two and three. Like I said up in #44, she may confuse legs for brains, but Jay has to win the ugly contest.
    Carlin is certainly the ugliest, but that would mean Ann Coulter was the Good? shivver
  14. #94  
    The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

    I believe all of the terms have to do with what's on the inside.
    At least that's how I took it.
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Try this on for size:

    http://www.slate.com/id/2102723/
    Where's the list ? I see no facts at all presented at this link....just name calling. Where is the "Michale Moore said this and if we go to [insert source here] we can see that this is wrong. Just another blowhard attacking the author (a blowhard himself) instead of what the author said....I remember from high school debate days, the minute you attack the debater instead of the topic, you've sent up the white flag.

    For example, Moore presented a copy of the National Guard records that Bush released after questions were raised about his service. It had the name of the other serviceman who was awol with George crossed out. He also presented a copy obtained earlier under FOIL with this name not crossed out. Argue the fact if ya gonna argue:

    Did George or his people black out the name of James Bath on the document ? Why ? Why do they have to be bvlacked out and one date of request and not on anotehr ? Were these documents forged by Moore ? Were the corporate documents also showing James Bath also forged ? Is there evidence that they were forged ?

    I don't wanna hear that Michael Moore is a fat, malodorous, big mouth....it's irrelevant. I want someone to address the documents referenced in the press, some of which are also covered in the book / movie.

    If Charles Manson is the guy who spills the beans on a Jeffrey Dahmer, I don't see where Manson's history, politics, sanity is relevant ....the only question I have is "Did Dahmer eat people ?". The only question I have here is did Bush, his associates or his companies take millions from the Bin laden family....the documents saying so have been made public.....I have yet to hear anyone respond and say he didn't and present evidence to support it
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 06/14/2006 at 03:06 PM.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Where's the list ?
    Did you miss this post? It is a detailed list. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=63
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  17. #97  
    Moore, Coulter, OReily, Franken. It seems like the only way to shake things out is to have them go directly at each other point for point. I thoroughly enjoyed OReily having Moore on his show. I think it was during the RNC?

    Earlier someone made a point about Michael Moore and where he claimed his hometown was. I also recall Fanken nailing OReily on the exact same issue. I think quite often, the pundits or mavens get a little lose with facts in order to get their point across. To my knowledge Franken is the only who encourages people to find incorrect facts in his show and with his books.
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Where's the list ? I see no facts at all presented at this link....just name calling. Where is the "Michale Moore said this and if we go to [insert source here] we can see that this is wrong. Just another blowhard attacking the author (a blowhard himself) instead of what the author said....I remember from high school debate days, the minute you attack the debater instead of the topic, you've sent up the white flag.

    For example, Moore presented a copy of the National Guard records that Bush released after questions were raised about his service. It had the name of the other serviceman who was awol with George crossed out. He also presented a copy obtained earlier under FOIL with this name not crossed out. Argue the fact if ya gonna argue:

    Did George or his people black out the name of James Bath on the document ? Why ? Why do they have to be bvlacked out and one date of request and not on anotehr ? Were these documents forged by Moore ? Were the corporate documents also showing James Bath also forged ? Is there evidence that they were forged ?

    I don't wanna hear that Michael Moore is a fat, malodorous, big mouth....it's irrelevant. I want someone to address the documents referenced in the press, some of which are also covered in the book / movie.

    If Charles Manson is the guy who spills the beans on a Jeffrey Dahmer, I don't see where Manson's history, politics, sanity is relevant ....the only question I have is "Did Dahmer eat people ?". The only question I have here is did Bush, his associates or his companies take millions from the Bin laden family....the documents saying so have been made public.....I have yet to hear anyone respond and say he didn't and present evidence to support it
    Personally, I thought the idea of direct ties between Bin Laden and the Bush family to be almost as conspiratorial as those here on TreoCentral who have actually accused Bill Clinton of murder.

    And such accusations do not always deserve a response.

    There are certainly unanswered questions surrounding the guard service of George W, and the Texas visits of the Taliban, and his family relationship with the Bin Ladeen family. But do we really need it in order to form an opinion? We know enough about this president, his administration, and the current state of our Nation based on objective facts.
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    The only question I have here is did Bush, his associates or his companies take millions from the Bin laden family....the documents saying so have been made public.....I have yet to hear anyone respond and say he didn't and present evidence to support it
    The bin Laden family isn't a criminal organization. They own a legitimate construction business (legitimate, as in not tied to terrorism) in the Middle East. Osama has something like 50 half-siblings, and most of them barely know him.

    There's just no way that Michael Moore didn't understand this when he made his film.

    Here's an enlightening article from the New Yorker in 2001:
    http://www.newyorker.com/fact/conten...011112fa_FACT3
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    Earlier someone made a point about Michael Moore and where he claimed his hometown was.
    His home town, was the next town south of mine. Davison Michigan, a more rural suburb of Flint. His high school played mine in Football.

    As a senior, he did not like the policies of the Principal, and assistant Principal. He ran for and won President of the School board, and accpted the resignation of the Principal, and assistant Principal, while he was still a student.

Posting Permissions