Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 188
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I'd like to see the widows confront her face to face. Then we will see if she can continue to say this to their faces! I'd really like to see her explain her statements to the widows IN PERSON. It's always easy to talk crap when the subject isn't there to confront you.
    I really don't think she'd have a problem with that. She's very much an in your face kind of person. It would get her more publi$ity.
    There's no such thing as bad publicity when on a book tour.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I'd like to see the widows confront her face to face. Then we will see if she can continue to say this to their faces! I'd really like to see her explain her statements to the widows IN PERSON. It's always easy to talk crap when the subject isn't there to confront you.
    It's actually a poliical manuever. She's trying to take the moral upper ground away from the 9-11 widows who have been criticizing this admin for not following the 9-11 commission recommendations and the Cindy Sheehans for critiquing the Iraq invasion.

    There's an election coming up and the Repubs are scared. They will win at all costs, even if it means having one of their pundits look like the biggest ***** in the world. She's a lap dog so she loves the attention and she's making a buck. And yes, it's extremely sad.
  3. #23  
    The Jersey Girls took every opportunity to bash Bush not only on 911, but every liberal cause under the sun from Iraq to gay marriage. When they appeared on nearly every TV and radio program pretending to be experts on the liberal cause of the day, they left the cocoon of "pitied widow" and entered the world of left-wing extremist.

    When they became self-proclaimed experts on all things liberal, they opened themselves to criticism and Ann took aim. I agree with her and think these nuts enjoy the limelight a bit too much and disparage their husband’s memory with each Larry King appearance.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    The Jersey Girls took every opportunity to bash Bush not only on 911, but every liberal cause under the sun from Iraq to gay marriage. When they appeared on nearly every TV and radio program pretending to be experts on the liberal cause of the day, they left the cocoon of "pitied widow" and entered the world of left-wing extremist.

    When they became self-proclaimed experts on all things liberal, they opened themselves to criticism and Ann took aim. I agree with her and think these nuts enjoy the limelight a bit too much and disparage their husband’s memory with each Larry King appearance.
    And I believe there was some criticism heaped on the Clinton admin too.

    The widows frustration with the Bush admin is in their ignoring the majority of recommendations of the 9-11 commission.

    I'm also sure they're EXTREMELY frustrated at the FACT that the Bush admin have completely taken their eyes off of the person responsible for planning and executing the murderous tragedy. You can understand how they might want some justice eh?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I'm also sure they're EXTREMELY frustrated at the FACT that the Bush admin have completely taken their eyes off of the person responsible for planning and executing the murderous tragedy.
    How is this a fact?
    I find it silly to think, with critical elections coming up, the administration would stop looking for bin laden. Nothing would save the republicans' sorry a$$es faster.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    And I believe there was some criticism heaped on the Clinton admin too.

    The widows frustration with the Bush admin is in their ignoring the majority of recommendations of the 9-11 commission.

    I'm also sure they're EXTREMELY frustrated at the FACT that the Bush admin have completely taken their eyes off of the person responsible for planning and executing the murderous tragedy. You can understand how they might want some justice eh?
    I can certainly understand their frustration on 911 items, they have credibility simply by being victims. But when they delve into issues such as estate taxes, gay marriage, Iraq and the rest of the liberal agenda, they lose their credibility and open themselves to criticism. In walks Ann with a new book to sell.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    And I believe there was some criticism heaped on the Clinton admin too.

    The widows frustration with the Bush admin is in their ignoring the majority of recommendations of the 9-11 commission.

    I'm also sure they're EXTREMELY frustrated at the FACT that the Bush admin have completely taken their eyes off of the person responsible for planning and executing the murderous tragedy. You can understand how they might want some justice eh?
    You mean Saddam? Saddam did it right?
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    You mean Saddam? Saddam did it right?



    No doubt they're worried if they do find Osama people will recall that was the original issue. then why the hell have we been in Iraq for the past 3 years.
  9. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #29  
    No doubt they're worried if they do find Osama people will recall that was the original issue. then why the hell have we been in Iraq for the past 3 years.
    And ofcourse if we do capture or kill Osama, people like you will say it doesnt really matter.

    Personally, I find that both Coulter and the Sheehan make my skin crawl. One is a right wing nutjob, the other a left wing nutjob (that goes nowhere without a camera crew)
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    ...people like you...
    And without people like you, people like me would ruin the world with our whacky ideas.

    The moderates thank us both.

  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    How is this a fact?
    I find it silly to think, with critical elections coming up, the administration would stop looking for bin laden. Nothing would save the republicans' sorry a$$es faster.
    Let me see...the bin laden family funded half Dubya's futile attempts at starting businesses funneling the money thru James Bath....who interestingly enough is the guy Dubya went awol with in his national guard days.......the Bush's entertained the taliban leaders in US while negotiating a natural gas pipeline access through territory they controlled just a few months before 9/11 ..... yeah, he's gonna work real hard to kill the son of his sugardaddies.
  12. #32  
    David Horowitz laughed off of Larry King...

    Horowitz: and I don't think for a second that she wrote this book for money, ahhh..


    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. #33  
    This is such crap. The Left loves Ann Coulter. She gives them a nice broadbrush with which to paint all conservatives. In a more extreme but similar way, some people here try to compare the religious Right with the followers of Fred Phelps. Its all about the strawman.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    David Horowitz laughed off of Larry King...

    Horowitz: and I don't think for a second that she wrote this book for money, ahhh..


    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Laughed off? If you watched the video you have to see the dishonesty in your post.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Let me see...the bin laden family funded half Dubya's futile attempts at starting businesses funneling the money thru James Bath....who interestingly enough is the guy Dubya went awol with in his national guard days.......the Bush's entertained the taliban leaders in US while negotiating a natural gas pipeline access through territory they controlled just a few months before 9/11 ..... yeah, he's gonna work real hard to kill the son of his sugardaddies.
    and Michael Moore is your source? Don't believe everything you watch at the cinema.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  16. #36  
    I'll quote a writer more eloquent than I am...Tim Grieve of Salon.com...(emphasis mine):


    "The next time a Republican wraps himself in 9/11 or uses a soldier as a prop -- the next time George W. Bush watches a 9/11 movie with 9/11 families, the next time he invites the father of a fallen soldier to join him in throwing out a first pitch, the next time he appears before a backdrop of soldiers, PhotoShopped or not, the next time he participates in a staged chat with troops in the field, the next time his party holds its national political convention within shouting distance of ground zero, the next time the mother of a fallen soldier turns up in Laura Bush's box at the State of the Union address, the next time **** Cheney suggests that questioning the president's Iraq policy somehow equates to undercutting the troops -- remember this: It's the Democrats, not the Republicans, who do this sort of thing.

    Just ask Ann Coulter.

    In her new book, Coulter says that Democrats unfairly hide their faulty arguments behind people whose authentic pain is so deep that you can't really debate policy with them. The 9/11 widows are at the top of Coulter's list, but so too is Cindy Sheehan, whose son died in the Iraq war...

    The core of Coulter's point isn't necessarily wrong: It is a little unseemly to argue facts and consequences with somebody who can claim the high moral ground that comes from personal devastation. But a Republican like Coulter is hardly in any place to make such an argument, and there's no call at all for making it in the nasty way that she does."



    Coulter shouldn't really point a finger at liberals when this administration and its admirers are experts at exploiting the "doctrine of infallibility" with their own photo ops. How can "loyal Americans” possibly question this administration's actions and policies in Iraq when faced with the pain of grieving war widows and amputee soldiers returning from the front?

    Coulter's comments are such crap because with her words she appears to want to raise the level of discourse...and in the next breath she slanders. I don't appreciate Coulter's hyperbole because she and others like her (on the left and on the right) don't seem to want a real discussion about issues; it's all about pissing people off, making outrageous statements, and launching personal attacks in order to raise the level of hype. And the more noise, the more money she makes selling books and syndicated columns.
    Last edited by Verngator; 06/13/2006 at 10:23 PM.
    Exterminate!

    Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond
  17. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #37  
    And without people like you, people like me would ruin the world with our whacky ideas. The moderates thank us both
    how true.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Verngator
    Coulter's comments are such crap because with her words she appears to want to raise the level of discourse...and in the next breath she slanders. I don't appreciate Coulter's hyperbole because she and others like her (on the left and on the right) don't seem to want a real discussion about issues; it's all about pissing people off, making outrageous statements, and launching personal attacks in order to raise the level of hype. And the more noise, the more money she makes selling books and syndicated columns.
    These are several main reasons why I don't respect her statements. To antagonize people in this situation just for more attention...

    I still would like to see her debate the widows directly if she really objects to their behavior. If she sells more books because of the debate, so be it. It's the inflammtory statement that is the real problem. Does she actually explain why she feels this way, or does she just let the statement stand alone? On NBC, all I heard was her getting defensive.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    These are several main reasons why I don't respect her statements. To antagonize people in this situation just for more attention...

    I still would like to see her debate the widows directly if she really objects to their behavior. If she sells more books because of the debate, so be it. It's the inflammtory statement that is the real problem. Does she actually explain why she feels this way, or does she just let the statement stand alone? On NBC, all I heard was her getting defensive.
    Ms. Treo -- I respect you and your opinions -- but on this we differ.

    Sometimes people who have had a particularly searing and personal experience don't articulate or debate artfully in response to attacks on that experience.

    A vicious evil scoundrel like Coulter can make an outrage inducing desecrative attack on things so deep, so personal, so life altering -- that the victim can be paralyzed by the incomprehensible fury that they feel.

    (Remember how clumsily Max Cleland (former Senator and triple amputee) and John Kerry acted when their courage and integrity was challenged by liars and cowards.)
    Last edited by BARYE; 06/14/2006 at 12:58 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  20. #40  
    Two things Barye:

    1. Statements like her's cannot go unchallenged. She had to know that was an explosive statement! And when someone tried to ask her why she is saying stuff like that, she got defensive and loud(at least in that one instance I saw). But she really didn't say what she meant.

    2. Can she really hold up if she needs to actually FACE these women? So far she has been a hit and run, long distance spewer. That's easy. Actually having to tell someone face to face is something else. Let her explain what she means in person!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions