Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Yes, your repeatedly throw out the 'entertain' misdirection every time you hoist him up on your shoulders.
    I feel like I have to add that because sheeple are just waiting to hold him as some type of liberal or democratic symbol that speaks for, and represents everyone. Or they want to demonstrate why he's no expert or scholar. See post #179 to demonstrate my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    I don't share in your opinion, and your point is taken.

I did not compare the two, I simply enjoy them in the same context which the sharing of political perspectives, facts, and commentary.

If I say I'd like a burger and fries would that be comparing them?
    Sure. Although I do not like Franken's views, he is a very funny guy.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    My point is that no one familiar with Mr. Buckley's distinguished career would ever compare him to someone like Franken. Buckley is a scholar, Franken is a comic.
    I can give ya one similarity, both have IQ's in the stratosphere.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    The argument that issues are not "black and white" are usually made by those who try to obfuscate the difference between right and wrong based on a jaded past. Ask a moral person if Saddam is a bad guy and you'll get a straight answer. Ask a serial killer the same question and you'll get quite a different answer.
    Issues are "made simple" because people simply don't want to deal with the ambiguity. Like the dinosaur issue to Christian fundamentalists :

"God put those bones in the ground to test our faith".

Rove has learned it's much easier to get people to his side by villification and I can't argue with him, it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Issues are "made simple" because people simply don't want to deal with the ambiguity. Like the dinosaur issue to Christian fundamentalists :

"God put those bones in the ground to test our faith".

Rove has learned it's much easier to get people to his side by villification and I can't argue with him, it works.
    The bones could have been planted by demons.
    There are no dinosaur bones, that's a myth!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    There are no dinosaur bones, that's a myth!!!
    I forgot. Liberal media.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    I forgot. Liberal media.
    Your coming around.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910