Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Fox and CNN reporting NO INDICTMENT of Karl Rove.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    This is news? It was always just a matter of time. Pure politickin here, folks.
    And why is it a "flop?" Micael is right - purely a political witch hunt.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  4.    #4  
    The Left had a lot of hopes on this...hopes that have been dashed upon the rocks of reality.
    Group hug and high-fives all around!
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I want to know if he earned it? There was a Sealed vs. Sealed motion filed.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I want to know if he earned it? There was a Sealed vs. Sealed motion filed.
    Which leftist fever swamp did you pull this tidbit from? Truthout.org?
    No matter whether you are from the left or the right, it seems to me that the special prosecutor system is a broken tool. It is used as a persecution (not prosecution) machine designed to inflict pain in enemies and fear in the pool of potential civil servants and politicians. [Ed. That's a bad thing? ]

I wasn't enthused about Mr. Starr. I wasn't enthused about Mr. Fitzgerald. I would not voluntarily accept a job where someone of their ilk could be let loose on me.

I know U.S. Attorneys and former U.S. Attorneys. Their joke -- and it is no joke -- is that they could indict a ham sandwich. Attitudes like that coupled with the type of power granted a special prosecutor? That can ruin a person's life.
    I tend to think that it's not broken. It simply is trying to break through close-knit groups that protect their own. This is a tough job. This particular administration seems to get it's strength through loyalty.
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Which leftist fever swamp did you pull this tidbit from? Truthout.org?
    No, actually the federal court's electronic database. I am just wondering what could be in Sealed v. Sealed.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    And why is it a "flop?" Micael is right - purely a political witch hunt.
    Why is it political?
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    This is news? It was always just a matter of time. Pure politickin here, folks.
    Spalin please.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    No matter whether you are from the left or the right, it seems to me that the special prosecutor system is a broken tool. It is used as a persecution (not prosecution) machine designed to inflict pain in enemies and fear in the pool of potential civil servants and politicians. [Ed. That's a bad thing? ]
    Just wondering if you know who appointed Fitzgerald.
    Why is it political?
    Because from the start the reporters knew about Plame before anyone in the Whitehouse mentioned the Wilson-Plame connnection. There was nothing to "out" even if she had been a field operative.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Because from the start the reporters knew about Plame before anyone in the Whitehouse mentioned the Wilson-Plame connnection. There was nothing to "out" even if she had been a field operative.
    Then why would Tenet(CIA) ask Ashcroft(DOJ) to investigate it?
    Just wondering if you know who appointed Fitzgerald.
    No, I don't know who appointed Fitzgerald. I'm just saying that once appointed they seem to be on a "destroy" mission more than a "seek the truth" mission. Since the special prosecutors have seemingly unlimited resources and the full weight of the Federal gov't behind them, they can pummel anyone into dust.

That's regardless of whether the pumellee is a Bad Dog or not.

I make no judgment as to Karl Rove, Bill Clinton, or anyone else who has been on the wrong end of a special prosecutor's microscope.

I think there are ways that corruption and bad actions can be investigated and cleaned up WITHOUT using this overtly political tool of persecution.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    I tend to think that it's not broken. It simply is trying to break through close-knit groups that protect their own. This is a tough job. This particular administration seems to get it's strength through loyalty.
    EVery admin does that. Every politician does that. If you think the Executive is close-knit you should look at your local politics. Dems and Repubs are in bed with each other all the time--trading vote for vote--just to retain power. That's the way its done and that's the way it'll be done until the people learn to use their brains.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Spalin please.
    I guess you meant "splain", as in explain please? Do you seriously need me to?

Come on. The tactic was successful. Rove was neutralized for months. Rove didn't win anything, nor dodge a bullet; he lost time and credibility.
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    I guess you meant "splain", as in explain please? Do you seriously need me to?

Come on. The tactic was successful. Rove was neutralized for months. Rove didn't win anything, nor dodge a bullet; he lost time and credibility.
    Who employed the tatic?
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    No, I don't know who appointed Fitzgerald.
    He was appointed by Deputy US Attorney General James Comey. Why was he appointed by a deputy? Because Ashcroft recused himself. Why? Because the CIA asked the Justice department to investigate a leak that came from the WH.

I'm just saying that once appointed they seem to be on a "destroy" mission more than a "seek the truth" mission. Since the special prosecutors have seemingly unlimited resources and the full weight of the Federal govt behind them, they can pummel anyone into dust.

That's regardless of whether the pumellee is a Bad Dog or not.

I make no judgment as to Karl Rove, Bill Clinton, or anyone else who has been on the wrong end of a special prosecutor's microscope.

I think there are ways that corruption and bad actions can be investigated and cleaned up WITHOUT using this overtly political tool of persecution.
    I think you need to learn what a Special Prosecutor's role is, before you start calling it an "Overtly political tool". You might also want to read some of his(Fitzgerald's) press conferences, and decide for yourself if he is seeking truth or political justice.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast