Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I think you need to learn what a Special Prosecutor's role is, before you start calling it an "Overtly political tool". You might also want to read some of his(Fitzgerald's) press conferences, and decide for yourself if he is seeking truth or political justice.
    Was Kenneth Starr's appointment and persecution (word chosen intentionally) of Bill Clinton impartial or political? I'd say political, no matter who did the appointing or what window dressing was put all over it.

Look. Mr. Fitzgerald is by all accounts a smart guy. An Elliott Ness. I think I need to clarify my original point. My original point is that the special prosecutor system is designed to launch missiles -- Mr. Fitzgerald, Mr. Starr, anyone else -- at targets. The launch can be done while appearing to be apolitical, but the impact is decidedly political.

The reason I think there is politics riddled throughout the system is simple. Just look at where the noise comes from for appointment of a special prosecutor. Just look at where the noise comes from when a special prosecutor is in place. Just look at where the noise comes from when a special prosecutor completes his/her mission. All of the noise is overtly partisan.

The special prosecutor system is not a system like the GAO, going in as an outsider and doing impartial audits. You don't see partisan yelling about GAO investigations. They root out inefficiency and corruption (we hope) and go on to the next matter.

Mr. Fitzgerald is a saint. Mr. Fitzgerald is doing the Lord's work. I still say the special prosecutor system is a bad system.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Then why would Tenet(CIA) ask Ashcroft(DOJ) to investigate it?
    They make dozens of referrals every year. Dozens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    My original point is that the special prosecutor system is designed to launch missiles -- Mr. Fitzgerald, Mr. Starr, anyone else -- at targets. The launch can be done while appearing to be apolitical, but the impact is decidedly political.
    Well, they are prosecutors. If we just want info, we can put together a commission or committee.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12