Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Violent crime -- which began to fall (along with the budget deficit, unemployment, and pollution etc) during the Clinton years -- had its largest increase in 15 years it was announced today.

What policies of this "law and order " administration can account for such a dramatic reversal ??

if the economy is so good, and if this administration is so effective at locking up the bad guys, why is crime up so much ???

Violent Crime Makes Largest Jump in 15 Years

By Dan Eggen Washington Post Staff Writer
    Monday, June 12, 2006

Overall violent crime reports rose by the largest percentage increase in 15 years in 2005...

The FBI's annual crime report shows increases in three of the four major categories of violent crime -- murder, robbery and assault -- contributing to an overall increase of 2.5 percent in violent offenses from 2004

The increase affected all categories of cities except those over 1 million in population, such as New York, Los Angeles and Detroit, where violent offenses continued to fall...

...The rise in violent offenses nationally represents the largest overall crime spike since 1991 and the first significant increase since 1992, when crime began to plummet dramatically on its way to the lowest levels in three decades. It marks the first increase since 2001...

...On a regional basis, the increase disproportionately hit the Midwest, where violent crimes surged 5.7 percent -- at least three times the rate seen in the Northeast, South or West...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Uh...mebbe the wave of illegal immigrant/felons? They represent up to 27% of the US jail/prison population. Do you think maybe the ones we don't have in the slam are committing crimes?

And before you say it, I'll agree. This IS W's fault!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Uh...mebbe the wave of illegal immigrant/felons? They represent up to 27% of the US jail/prison population. Do you think maybe the ones we don't have in the slam are committing crimes?

And before you say it, I'll agree. This IS W's fault!
    all of what you say could be true

The reality is that in the DC area Salvadorian gangs like the ms-13 have been a huge factor in violent crime of all sorts.

Based in LA and lots of other places, they are populated by both illegal 1st and the legal 2nd generation offspring of 1st generation illegals.

Ironically, the policy of deporting gang members back to Salvador has lead to an enormous growth in their impact and influence in Salvador itself -- where their american dollars buy them exceptional influence within the endemically corrupt Salvadorian society.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Violent crime -- which began to fall (along with the budget deficit, unemployment, and pollution etc) during the Clinton years -- had its largest increase in 15 years it was announced today.
    Sorry yet again, BARYE, but violent crime rates started to fall in 1991--with a year left to go in the GHWB's admin. Its also interesting to note that they rose significantly all through the Carter years and then took a nose dive in the early to mid Reagan years. Of course they dropped significantly when the tech boom hit and unemployment was low.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Sorry yet again, BARYE, but violent crime rates started to fall in 1991--with a year left to go in the GHWB's admin. Its also interesting to note that they rose significantly all through the Carter years and then took a nose dive in the early to mid Reagan years. Of course they dropped significantly when the tech boom hit and unemployment was low.
    (again with Carter ... )

ok hoovs -- why has crime jumped the most in 15 years if things are going so well now ??
    Yes its true violent crime is up, but thats only because SPRINT issued its 700p with problems they shouldn't have which provoked otherwise peaceful 650 owners to want to slap down sprint reps.
    (again with Carter ... )
    rolleyes back at ya . You're the one who related crimes rates to Presidents. I was just correcting you.

ok hoovs -- why has crime jumped the most in 15 years if things are going so well now ??
    Well, the degree to which its raised depends on the numbers you look at. If you look at the rates per 100,000 people, the numbers fall up to and including 2004. I don't know why it spiked but I don't believe for a second its related directly or indirectly to the Bush administration.

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm
    The Blame Bush crowd, you guys are the best. Now he's the town sheriff? Your liberal 'can't we all just get along policies' at the local level are coming home to roost. I blame Bush for being a weak-kneed liberal when it comes to domestic and spending issues, but crime? Those issues are local.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    The Blame Bush crowd, you guys are the best. Now he's the town sheriff? Your liberal 'can't we all just get along policies' at the local level are coming home to roost. I blame Bush for being a weak-kneed liberal when it comes to domestic and spending issues, but crime? Those issues are local.
    omg
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning.

He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq.

To everyone's amazement, all the color drained from Bush's face, he then
    collapsed onto his desk, head in hands, visibly shaken, almost in tears.

Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a
    brazilian?"
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  12.    #12  
    I don't know whose posts you've been reading -- but I doubt if I'd be usually included in the "can't everybody get along" caucus.

ABC News reported tonight that Memphis has had a 27% increase in violent crime.

Kansas City a 42% increase in violent crime.

Nashville -- an eye popping 61% increase in VIOLENT CRIME.

I'm sorry to be by the bearer of the needle that pops the righty bubble of delusions about their hero -- but ABC news directly blames this administration's policies for that increase.

junior's slashing of Clinton's after school crime prevention programs, his slashing of Clinton's community policing programs, his cutting of Clinton's 100,000 extra police on the streets initiative are all part of the explanation.

Plus (because of this junta's anal french kiss of the NRA), the numbers of guns on the streets and available to juvenilles is dramatically larger.

So yeah -- the fish rots from the head.
    Last edited by BARYE; 06/12/2006 at 11:44 PM.
    his cutting of Clinton's 100,000 extra police on the streets initiative are all part of the explanation.
    How many extra police ever did make make it to the streets?
  14.    #14  
    How many extra police ever did make make it to the streets?
    alot -- and together with his other ideas (and the terrific Clinton era prosperity) -- it was enough to make a huge difference in the numbers of crimes committed.

(hoovs -- tell that old godfather to confess that this crime wave has nothing to do with him.)
    Last edited by BARYE; 06/13/2006 at 02:14 AM.
    alot -- and together with his other ideas (and the terrific Clinton era prosperity) -- it was enough to make a huge difference in crime prevention.
    That'd be a knee-slapper if I didn't think you were serious.
  16.    #16  
    That'd be a knee-slapper if I didn't think you were serious.
    if its so laughingly absurd, it should be easy to refute.

And btw, please if you can, educate me as to junior's great ideas for crime prevention while you're at it -- giving special attention to his brilliant crack down on file sharers and his uses of wiretapping as well.
    if its so laughingly absurd, it should be easy to refute.

And btw, please if you can, educate me as to junior's great ideas for crime prevention while you're at it -- giving special attention to his brilliant crack down on file sharers and his uses of wiretapping as well.
    There's nothing to refute. You just gave me lots of touchy-feely words like "a lot" and "terrific". What am I supposed to refute? In my opinion, Clinton got lucky to be in office during a very prosperous time.
  18.    #18  
    There's nothing to refute. You just gave me lots of touchy-feely words like "a lot" and "terrific". What am I supposed to refute? In my opinion, Clinton got lucky to be in office during a very prosperous time.
    jeez hoovs -- total wimpish cop out !! (as it were)

how about ANY idea of junior's that addressed this issue in a positive way --

Tell me how junior's relaxion of gun controls, his ending of after school crime prevention programs, his slashing community policing programs --- and how he instead built bridges to nowhere and poured american blood and gold into the deserts of iraq -- helped make our streets safer.

As for america being as properous as it was under Clinton because he was lucky ?????

man, you must be getting your kool-aid intraveneously !!
    Last edited by BARYE; 06/13/2006 at 10:00 AM.
    Tell me how junior's relaxion of gun controls, his ending of after school crime prevention programs, his slashing community policing programs --- and how he instead built bridges to nowhere and poured american blood and gold into the deserts of iraq -- helped make our streets safer.
    Help me out, BARYE. Since you made the claim, when did Bush slash the community based policing program?
  20.    #20  
    Help me out, BARYE. Since you made the claim, when did Bush slash the community based policing program?
    hoovs -- I'm quoting from the ABC World News Tonight report that I linked to earlier.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast