Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    hoovs -- I'm quoting from the ABC World News Tonight report that I linked to earlier.
    ABC news doesn't exactly tell the whole story. Fact is, the COPS program took its first major hit in 2000 (before Bush) when the budget was cut almost in half to about $600B a year. And it remained at that level through 2004 which was the last year it reported.

http://www.cops.usdoj.gov/Default.asp?Item=44
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    ABC news doesn't exactly tell the whole story. Fact is, the COPS program took its first major hit in 2000 (before Bush) ...
    http://www.cops.usdoj.gov/Default.asp?Item=44
    which party was in control of congress -- and in control of apropriations -- during the year 2000 ???
    Last edited by BARYE; 06/13/2006 at 12:19 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    which party was in control of congress -- and in control of apropriations -- during the year 2000 ???
    Wait, now I'm confused. Is it Bush or the Republicans that slashed the budget? And if you're going to blame it on them you might as well give them credit for approving the money in the first place.
  4.    #24  
    Wait, now I'm confused. Is it Bush or the Republicans that slashed the budget? And if you're going to blame it on them you might as well give them credit for approving the money in the first place.
    the chronology was:

Clinton's earliest plan was to concentrate on fixing the economy and ending the budget's frothy red ink from the republican times.

In order to do that he got the democratically controled congress to (barely) pass his budget -- a budget that every republican voted against, and which the GOP and Gingrich declared to be the worst economic plan in the hstory of civilization.

Because his budget (amongst its many features), modestly raised taxes on the wealthy (while lowering them for middle class and below), the GOP mischaracterized and demogogued the democrats as tax and spend tax raisers. Many of the most vulnerable democratic congressmen voted for this bill knowing that it would lead to their defeat by the GOP.

For the last 6 years of Clinton's presidency the GOP was in control of congress and of apropriations. Though Clinton could with difficulty get some of what he asked for -- he was far from being in control.

Junior has had the opposite situation -- he has had complete control of the congress -- and he's not once vetoed an apropriation bill or a budget.

Junior's absolute power to get any apropriation bill that he might want gives him total responsibility for what his junta does.
    Last edited by BARYE; 06/13/2006 at 09:59 AM.
    ...because of this junta's anal french kiss of the NRA...
    Wow Barye, who anal french kissing who? Did you intern for Clinton?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Wow Barye, who anal french kissing who? Did you intern for Clinton?
    though I write pretty well -- my oral skills were not good enough (as it were)
    though I write pretty well -- my oral skills were not good enough (as it were)
    LOL
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    the chronology was:

Clinton's earliest plan was to concentrate on fixing the economy and ending the budget's frothy red ink from the republican times.

In order to do that he got the democratically controled congress to (barely) pass his budget -- a budget that every republican voted against, and which the GOP and Gingrich declared to be the worst economic plan in the hstory of civilization.

Because his budget (amongst its many features), modestly raised taxes on the wealthy (while lowering them for middle class and below), the GOP mischaracterized and demogogued the democrats as tax and spend tax raisers. Many of the most vulnerable democratic congressmen voted for this bill knowing that it would lead to their defeat by the GOP.

For the last 6 years of Clinton's presidency the GOP was in control of congress and of apropriations. Though Clinton could with difficulty get some of what he asked for -- he was far from being in control.

Junior has had the opposite situation -- he has had complete control of the congress -- and he's not once vetoed an apropriation bill or a budget.

Junior's absolute power to get any apropriation bill that he might want gives him total responsibility for what his junta does.
    the chronology was...

Clinton's bill was only good through 1999. You say they slashed it; I say they extended it.
  9.    #29  
    the chronology was...

Clinton's bill was only good through 1999. You say they slashed it; I say they extended it.
    kind of like when junior campaigns against democrats who won't extend his tax cuts (the estate tax for example) -- and he accuses them of supporting a tax increase.
    kind of like when junior campaigns against democrats who won't extend his tax cuts (the estate tax for example) -- and he accuses them of supporting a tax increase.
    7 million times
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I can not access the video from here so just asking cause I don't know

Is the increase in violent crimes based on statistics of arrests made or from police reports? Have the reporting procedures changed, or are more crimes lumped into the violent crime category?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Sure. Its all a word game and Bush is not immune (he just has a harder time spitting them out ). On the other hand, Dems are more disposed to supporting tax hikes.
    i think the original report blmes the rise on mis directed spending, i.e. money that should be spent on fighting crime is being spent on updating remote police stations in low terrorist risk states to fight potential terrorist acts!!
    Treoing & Loving it
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12