Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    BTW, my views are widely shared around the world. It just shows how out of touch you Americans are.
    If your view of sawing off the heads of hostages and killing children are shared around the world, Im so glad I live in America.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    29%
    Polls, now that's leadership.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    If your view of sawing off the heads of hostages and killing children are shared around the world, Im so glad I live in America.

Besides, that argument was flawed... argumentum ad populum. Large masses of people can still be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA
    Originally Posted by gaffa
    The U.S. had demonstrated, and admitted that there are innocent people in guitmo. But I guess that's of no consequence to you?

http://abcnews.go.com/International...=1997083&page=1

There are other articles of innocents being detained. It's only logical that when you sweep areas, some innocents will get picked up. Trials can be a useful tool in freeing the innocent.

Funny how the Supreme Court can rule quicker for Anna Nicole than it can on the legality of enemy combatants?
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Correct, that is no consequence to me.
    Yes, it's the wonderful attitude of not caring about innocent people that helps the world become a better place. Funny how when the U.S. commits indefensible crimes, no one has a constructive comment?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    Yes, it's the wonderful attitude of not caring about innocent people that helps the world become a better place. Funny how when the U.S. commits indefensible crimes, no one has a constructive comment?
    And your proof is?
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    And your proof is?
    I think your post makes the case.
  7.    #87  
    lol
    Huh?
    I'll try again. You stated "Funny how when the U.S. commits indefensible crimes, no one has a constructive comment". What proof do you have that the U.S. has committed "indefensible crimes"?
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Now I know why the State Department tells us to say we are Canadians when we travel.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    blaze,

Im still waiting on your apology.
    Funny how when the U.S. commits indefensible crimes, no one has a constructive comment?
    Which were those?
    Which were those?
    Don't bother, I've asked him twice. Seems like he's taken a page from Blazerboy and makes silly comments and isn't bothered by ancillary things like the truth.
    I'll try again. You stated "Funny how when the U.S. commits indefensible crimes, no one has a constructive comment". What proof do you have that the U.S. has committed "indefensible crimes"?
    I think this is where I site incidents and you justify them based on your values and the fact that your life wasn't impeded. But hey, I'll bite. So do you believe that the FBI spying and attempts to sabbotage MLK's marriage was defensible?
    I think this is where I site incidents and you justify them based on your values and the fact that your life wasn't impeded.
    and those incidents are??? C'mon, you can do it Blazerb..,, I mean gaffa.
    and those incidents are??? C'mon, you can do it Blazerb..,, I mean gaffa.
    I think at this point you need to accept your lack of knowledge about this case and start Googling. I have confidence in you, I know you'll find the documentation. It's well known, and well documented. I'll give you a little help. The investigation lasted from 1963 to 1968. Such activities include...

"The FBI mailed Dr. King a tape recording made from microphones hidden in his hotel rooms which one agent testified was an attempt to destroy Dr. King's marriage. The tape recording was accompanied by a note which Dr. King and his advisors interpreted as threatening to release the tape recording unless Dr. King committed suicide."

Now is your chance to show us how smart you are. The truth is out there!
    I think at this point you need to accept your lack of knowledge about this case and start Googling. I have confidence in you, I know you'll find the documentation. It's well known, and well documented. I'll give you a little help. The investigation lasted from 1963 to 1968. Such activities include...

"The FBI mailed Dr. King a tape recording made from microphones hidden in his hotel rooms which one agent testified was an attempt to destroy Dr. King's marriage. The tape recording was accompanied by a note which Dr. King and his advisors interpreted as threatening to release the tape recording unless Dr. King committed suicide."

I concede your point. I cannot defend what democrats did forty years ago. I am a conservative because of the way liberals treated Dr. King among many others. They are, and always have been despicable.
    Huh?

No crime the US committed is indefensible. It was always for the greater good, like supporting the Contra rebels in Nicaragua and mining their ports. Doesn't matter if the rebels mainly terrorized civilians. As long as US interests are served there are no terrorists, only freedom fighters, and no crimes are indefensible.

Surur

Yikes! I thought we were talking about Iraq or Gitmo or something a bit more contemporary. True, I can look at our history and see many things that we did that were wrong or questionable at best but canít that be said for any country?
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    No crime the US committed is indefensible. It was always for the greater good, like supporting the Contra rebels in Nicaragua and mining their ports. Doesn't matter if the rebels mainly terrorized civilians. As long as US interests are served there are no terrorists, only freedom fighters, and no crimes are indefensible.

Surur
    :yawn:
    Yikes! I thought we were talking about Iraq or Gitmo or something a bit more contemporary. True, I can look at our history and see many things that we did that were wrong or questionable at best but canít that be said for any country?
    Do you really think you have become more ethical since then. I would say less.

Surur