Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Guess what, even war has rules. Anyways, Ive heard that most of the people in Guantanamo were not captured by the US, but handed over to them by local militia.

Of course, you will reply that this is not the usual war, and the terrorists do not play by the rules in any case. You are however as usual sacrificing the innocent to your war on terror. The whole point of a trial is to establish guilt. And dint tell me you have intelligence that these people are guilty. Iraq shows how poor your intelligence is.

Your point I guess is that they were in Afghanistan, so you could care less if they deserve to be detained indefinitely or not. Its not like they are American.

I guess you have a problem with the presumption of innocence.

Surur

(BTW I am judging you by American standards. You may prefer I judge you by the standards of the Taliban. Just say so, and I will praise you for your restraint in not killing these people outright.)
    MY WAR ON TERROR? I think my friend you have it wrong. War was declared on 911, and anyone in the world who continues to foster, harbor or otherwise advance or protect their cause deserves the same fate as those who perished in the twin towers. However, we do observe humane treatment of our captives (when was the last one beheaded by an American jailer). Your last line speaks volumes - because the Taliban has not moral scruples, they are free to behave indiscriminately, yet we are expected to behave civilly. The killing of innocent civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq by terrorists is NOT collateral damage; it's intentional unmitigated butchery. Where is the worldwide outcry there?

I for one am sick and tired of being lectured to by individuals on the left with the equivalency of jello for a spine. Abu Grab and Gitmo bring moral indignation and cries for American self-flagellation, but car bombings of hundreds of innocent civilians gather barely a whisper. Our military failures over the last 50 years (since Korea) have been in conducting war with one, or both, hands tied behind our backs. Perhaps some day we will learn from our mistakes of being too lenient on our adversaries.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    MY WAR ON TERROR? I think my friend you have it wrong. War was declared on 911, and anyone in the world who continues to foster, harbor or otherwise advance or protect their cause deserves the same fate as those who perished in the twin towers. However, we do observe humane treatment of our captives (when was the last one beheaded by an American jailer). Your last line speaks volumes - because the Taliban has not moral scruples, they are free to behave indiscriminately, yet we are expected to behave civilly. The killing of innocent civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq by terrorists is NOT collateral damage; it's intentional unmitigated butchery. Where is the worldwide outcry there?

I for one am sick and tired of being lectured to by individuals on the left with the equivalency of jello for a spine. Abu Grab and Gitmo bring moral indignation and cries for American self-flagellation, but car bombings of hundreds of innocent civilians gather barely a whisper. Our military failures over the last 50 years (since Korea) have been in conducting war with one, or both, hands tied behind our backs. Perhaps some day we will learn from our mistakes of being too lenient on our adversaries.
    wow, freedom hater, terrorist sympathizer, we are too lenient, and spine like jello, all in one post
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    wow, freedom hater, terrorist sympathizer, we are too lenient, and spine like jello, all in one post
    Just about covered all the bases, didn't I.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Jules should pay each and every one of them a visit...

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of...."
    Thank God for American leniency! If it wasn't for that they could have used the bomb and killed 10 million se asians, instead of the 1 million that actually died!

Surur
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Thank God for American leniency! If it wasn't for that they could have used the bomb and killed 10 million se asians, instead of the 1 million that actually died!
    Wow, a lesson on leniency from someone like you who favors beheadings and blowing up children. Your just amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur

Surur
    It's tough to be the only super power. While it is nice to have the support you Brits gave us, we still pay most of the cost in lives and dollars. You want to make the rules, try taking a leadership role.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Wow, a lesson on leniency from someone like you who favors beheadings and blowing up children. Your just amazing.
    This must be the fair and balanced version of reasoned exchange.

Sur-sur is a baby killing head slicer.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    The U.S. had demonstrated, and admitted that there are innocent people in guitmo. But I guess that's of no consequence to you?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...1997083&page=1

There are other articles of innocents being detained. It's only logical that when you sweep areas, some innocents will get picked up. Trials can be a useful tool in freeing the innocent.

Funny how the Supreme Court can rule quicker for Anna Nicole than it can on the legality of enemy combatants?
    Correct, that is no consequence to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    This must be the fair and balanced version of reasoned exchange.

Sur-sur is a baby killing head slicer.
    Surur admits it:

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    You continually claim that what the USA has done is bad....which I have not refuted. But I have also recognized that we have often times tried to recognize those mistakes. I also recognize that the USA does a lot of good, which you generally dismiss.

If it looks like a duck.......I point out that terrorist are doing worst things today on purpose and publicly acknowledging they are trying to target and kill innocent civilians as a general policy with a political and religious goal for justification. And every time you make an excuse why it is right for them to kill.

If it walks like a duck......SURUR.....YOU SUPPORT KILLING INNOCENT CIVILIANS BY ISLAMIC EXTREME TERRORIST MEANS AND METHODS. You sympathy with all the excuses of why it is Okay to kill children. Why they are justified to kill women. And why they have a RIGHT to kill innocent men.

If it quacks like a duck......So after multiple opportunities I have given you to acknowledge that the terrorists killing innocent people are wrong you have avoided it with reasons why they need to be ignored, forgiven, sympathized with, excused, a right to act as such, ignorant to the point they don't know what they are doing.

Then it must be a duck......I am left with the only conclusion that you are either one of three things:
    • A member of a current terrorist organization
    • A wannabe member of a terrorist organization
    • A sympathizer for members of a terrorist organization
    Quote Originally Posted by Surur
    I do support people fighting for their home-land whichever way they can. If this means blowing up busses and restaurants to make Israel less palatable for the Jewish immigrants, so be it. If they did not want a fight they should not have stolen the land. If it means slitting some-one's throat on TV to make foreign contractors think twice before entering Iraq and providing logistical support to American troops and their collaborators, so be it.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=901
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    This must be the fair and balanced version of reasoned exchange
    Um, excuse me theBlaze, but maybe you should look into these things before you make accusations. Surur has often expressed his support for thes types of tactics. I like the Fox News knock though, its cute.

From Sururs own mouth......
    "I do support people fighting for their home-land whichever way they can. If this means blowing up busses and restaurants to make Israel less palatable for the Jewish immigrants, so be it. If they did not want a fight they should not have stolen the land. If it means slitting some-one's throat on TV to make foreign contractors think twice before entering Iraq and providing logistical support to American troops and their collaborators, so be it."

nice company you keep Blaze.
    Last edited by TomUps; 06/13/2006 at 11:08 AM.
    Um, excuse me theBlaze, but maybe you should look into these things before you make accusations. Surur has often expressed his support for thes types of tactics. I like the Fox News knock though, its cute.
    Tom, don't bother. Sometimes it's easier to blame everyone else for your problems when you're 35, making minimum wage at Burger King and smoking pot in your mom's basement. It's Bush's fault, no, it's Rumsfeld, or Fox News, etc., etc., etc.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    I think the real question is why aren't there more...ahem..."suicides" at club gitmo
  14.    #54  

From Sururs own mouth......
    "I do support people fighting for their home-land whichever way they can. If this means blowing up busses and restaurants to make Israel less palatable for the Jewish immigrants, so be it. If they did not want a fight they should not have stolen the land. If it means slitting some-one's throat on TV to make foreign contractors think twice before entering Iraq and providing logistical support to American troops and their collaborators, so be it."

nice company you keep Blaze.
    Yes, I have heard others post that here, over and over. Bold and underlined.

I certainly would not share those views, but I also wouldn't not re-characterize what he said as sursur "favors beheadings and blowing up children". Or call him a terrorist. Just like I would not say that you are a baby murdering terrorist for your support of Hiroshima.

That would make me an extremist.
    The difference is after given multiple chances, several times over, to denounce these methods and practices, his response was what was quoted above.....with others of a similar nature in other threads. He claims he supports those methods and has ignored all opportunities when directly pressed to say otherwise.
    My, is that the 10th or the 20th time you posted that little passage? Cant argue the issue? The simple fact is that your country are the invaders. You are very far from the good Ole good guy days.

Surur
    See...another chance to denounce nothing more than "that little passage" and still nothing.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I also wouldn't not re-characterize what he said as sursur "favors beheadings and blowing up children
    but, he clearly states that he does. I also have never called him a terrorist, only a person that agrees with disgusting terrorist methods.
    Sorry, I agree with the defense of your own country against invasion, and if its against overwhelming odds e.g. Apache helicopters and cruise missiles then I agree with asymmetric methods. Sorry if that upsets you, I'm sure you prefer the Iraqi's and Palestinians just role over and play dead (or even drop dead).

Surur
    See Blaze......There you have it......justification that blowing up babies in buses and restaurants and beheading innocent kidnapped civilians are a very reasonable and moral tactics.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast