Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 165
  1. #21  
    Reality is that I have no good solution and I do not think anybody else does either. W seems to be letting it drag on to become the next guy/gals problem. I hate to admit I am too busy to worry about such things anymore.
  2. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Reality is that I have no good solution and I do not think anybody else does either. W seems to be letting it drag on to become the next guy/gals problem. I hate to admit I am too busy to worry about such things anymore.
    LOL LOL ROTFL. Your avatar is a rat! LOL Shall we presume the ship is sinking? LOL.
  3. #23  
    Funny thing is that no matter how bad a republican candidate is (George W running on the accomplishments of his first term), the democrats still find a way to blow it.

    NRG, you are my inspiration.
    Last edited by RICHINMJ; 06/11/2006 at 09:38 PM.
  4. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #24  
    So, trying, convicting, and executing them in a court was not one of the choices in your catch 22. Interesting.
    Because some of them havnt broken any American laws. However, some up them might be a huge danger to American security if we do release them. I wouldnt want to have to tell the family of a future terrorist attack that we had the terrorist in custody first, but since no law were broken we had to release them. Is this really that hard for the liberal left to understand?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Because some of them havnt broken any American laws. However, some up them might be a huge danger to American security if we do release them. I wouldnt want to have to tell the family of a future terrorist attack that we had the terrorist in custody first, but since no law were broken we had to release them. Is this really that hard for the liberal left to understand?
    Right, the Bush administration cannot allow the arabs they've collected to have a trial, because they have not broken any laws.

    I think I have it now. You are brilliant.
  6. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #26  
    Right, the Bush administration cannot allow the arabs they've collected to have a trial, because they have not broken any laws.
    Right, I guess I need to explain it to you like your a child.

    1. Terrorist in training for a future attack on American interests or that of our allies.
    2. Terrorist hasnt yet broken any American law
    3. Terrorist captured
    3. Let Terrorist out of prison
    4. Terrorist blows up building, plane, trainstation....etc
    5. Lots of people dead.

    understand now, or do I need to draw you a picture?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Right, the Bush administration cannot allow the arabs they've collected to have a trial, because they have not broken any laws.

    I think I have it now. You are brilliant.
    They were captured in combat, fighting against American soldiers. You are brilliant
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Right, the Bush administration cannot allow the arabs they've collected to have a trial, because they have not broken any laws.

    I think I have it now. You are brilliant.
    When will you guys ever get it through your thick skulls that:

    1. this is a WAR

    2. it is NOT a police action

    3. they were caught in combat fighting the coalition forces

    4. they can stay there until the jihad THEY STARTED is over (or when hell freezes over, whichever comes first)
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  9. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #29  
    They were captured in combat, fighting against American soldiers. You are brilliant
    I know I am, but thanks. Do you have information on all the prisoners? Please show me a link that details that all the prisoners were captured while fighting US soldiers.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    When will you guys ever get it through your thick skulls that:

    1. this is a WAR
    2. it is NOT a police action

    3. they were caught in combat fighting the coalition forces

    4. they can stay there until the jihad THEY STARTED is over (or when hell freezes over, whichever comes first)

    Guess what, even war has rules. Anyways, Ive heard that most of the people in Guantanamo were not captured by the US, but handed over to them by local militia.

    Of course, you will reply that this is not the usual war, and the terrorists do not play by the rules in any case. You are however as usual sacrificing the innocent to your war on terror. The whole point of a trial is to establish guilt. And dont tell me you have intelligence that these people are guilty. Iraq shows how poor your intelligence is.

    Your point I guess is that they were in Afghanistan, so you could care less if they deserve to be detained indefinitely or not. Its not like they are American.

    I guess you have a problem with the presumption of innocence.

    Surur

    (BTW I am judging you by American standards. You may prefer I judge you by the standards of the Taliban. Just say so, and I will praise you for your restraint in not killing these people outright.)
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Anyone we thought worthy of putting in Guantanamo in the first place.
    The U.S. had demonstrated, and admitted that there are innocent people in guitmo. But I guess that's of no consequence to you?

    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...1997083&page=1

    There are other articles of innocents being detained. It's only logical that when you sweep areas, some innocents will get picked up. Trials can be a useful tool in freeing the innocent.

    Funny how the Supreme Court can rule quicker for Anna Nicole than it can on the legality of enemy combatants?
    Last edited by gaffa; 06/12/2006 at 01:27 PM.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    They were captured in combat, fighting against American soldiers. You are brilliant
    Not all of them. Why are you making up things? Is it to justify your opinion?
  13. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #33  
    I really got a chuckle out of the left wing media on this one. Someone farts in Guantanamo, and within 3 hours it will be traced to Bush's direct involvement, new calls that we need to close Guantanamo, that this just underscores that we need a detailed exit strategy from Iraq right away, and blah blah blah.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    I really got a chuckle out of the left wing media on this one. Someone farts in Guantanamo, and within 3 hours it will be traced to Bush's direct involvement, new calls that we need to close Guantanamo, that this just underscores that we need a detailed exit strategy from Iraq right away, and blah blah blah.
    Yes, because 3 dead people are equivalent.

    Surur
  15. #35  
    I hope this day never comes, but some day, they may come for middle-aged white men. Then suddenly neo-con's will wonder what happened to their rights?

    Quick, say "left wing media" and click your heels three times. Maybe that will make it true!
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Yes, because 3 dead people are equivalent.

    Surur
    Depends if it was 3 dead arabs and one american fart.
  17.    #37  
    By the way, conspiracy to commit terrorism is a crime.
  18. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #38  
    I've heard that the 3 were saudi's and 1 was from yemen. one guy was mid to high level al queda, another recruited for al queda, and the yemen guy was a front line fighter with taliban. and no, it wasn't an american fart that off'd them. nor was Bush in the vicinity.
  19. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #39  
    As far as I'm concerned, the first two saudi's with al queda, good riddance. I could possibly find some remorse for the fighter, but in any event, suicide is a choice thing.
  20. #40  
    Someone needs to take up donations for these poor incarcerated inmates, hanging themselves with bed sheets and clothing is deplorable. We should allocate a budget and give them ropes, a 600 Lb eye-hook in the center of the cell, and a 4ft stool.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions