Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I recently bought 2 cases for my treo on ebay. I still haven't received them and the confirmation # from the seller shows that USPS has delivered the package on june 01!!! this never happened with me b4 I mean I have received all ebay items and non-ebay items on the same address earlier. Now, I paid via paypal but my funding was thru my credit card. I have an open dispute filed currently with paypal.
    1) do you think escalating the dispute to paypal's buyer protection claim would get me refund??? anybody have any experinece how this works...??

2) or since I paid with credit card, I can tell them and ask not to pay for it...don't know if they can actually do that or not..??

also, there is no point for me in lieing for mere phone cases..but still it's my money and i don't to just let it go...

thanks for any help guys...
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk
    I recently bought 2 cases for my treo on ebay. I still haven't received them and the confirmation # from the seller shows that USPS has delivered the package on june 01!!! this never happened with me b4 I mean I have received all ebay items and non-ebay items on the same address earlier. Now, I paid via paypal but my funding was thru my credit card. I have an open dispute filed currently with paypal.
    1) do you think escalating the dispute to paypal's buyer protection claim would get me refund??? anybody have any experinece how this works...??

2) or since I paid with credit card, I can tell them and ask not to pay for it...don't know if they can actually do that or not..??

also, there is no point for me in lieing for mere phone cases..but still it's my money and i don't to just let it go...

have you contacted the USPS ??

will they do a trace, will they ask the carrier if they know what happened ??

maybe it got misdelivered -- the post office is not the most professional organization.

I for some reason for example, regularly get mail meant for this monkey named insertion ...
    Last edited by BARYE; 06/09/2006 at 02:01 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    ya...I contacted local USPS office as well as the main office supervisor and he said it might be possible that your item is misplaced and as there is just confirmation # with no sign..they can't confirm exactly that it has been delievered to me...wtf..i hope paypal covers all this...

In my experience, File a chargeback claim with your credit card.

Always use a credit card with Paypal, because paypal is likely to close the case once they see the tracking number.

Paypal may warn you or cancel you for filling the chargeback.

Also, Ebay will not care.

Speaking as a power seller, you're screwed. As long as the seller can show proof of delivery, Paypal will never go your way.
    It may just be a legit mistake on the USPS' part. It happens.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-