1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,
    I don't know if you guys heard of this recent story about a girl losing her sidekick and she found out who found it. The people should have put in some effort to find the real owner. This story is too funny.

http://evanwashere.com/StolenSidekick/

Read the whole thing!!! Karma is a b@#^h!
    Last edited by stn415; 06/09/2006 at 12:24 AM.
    so what happened?? They got it back?
    Please search before creating dulicate threads. This is old news from a couple days ago.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Please search before creating dulicate threads. This is old news from a couple days ago.
    I did do a search for "stolen sidekick" and nothing relating to this article showed up. When this was originally posted the title was "This has nothing to do with the 700p... but it's awesome anyway", so how can one ascertain that it was about the same article? I did to the best of my ability due diligence to find out!
    This doesnt really belong in OT, but rather in Other Handhelds
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Does anyone believe that this story is real??
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    Does anyone believe that this story is real??
    there seems no reason to doubt it, he makes no money from the site (he's actually paying for the bandwidth). He comes across as a pissed, well intentioned, increasingly harried ordinary guy -- someone who launched that site in exasperated anger, who became overtaken by the web phenomenon it became.

why do you doubt it --
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Seems funny that you know who has it, but nothing's been done.
    There are also quite a few links to sides that have ads or take donations.
    Don't really know, I've only taken it as entertainment, not news.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    Seems funny that you know who has it, but nothing's been done.
    There are also quite a few links to sides that have ads or take donations.
    Don't really know, I've only taken it as entertainment, not news.
    the site linked above has no ads or donate clickers that I can see (I haven't seen anything other than that site.)

he did write that he'd been offered advertising banners (which would have been quite profitable, or at least covered the bandwidth expense given the site's big traffic.)
    But that he decided to keep it adfree so that questions of his authenticy would not arise.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    the site linked above has no ads or donate clickers that I can see (I haven't seen anything other than that site.)

he did write that he'd been offered advertising banners (which would have been quite profitable, or at least covered the bandwidth expense given the site's big traffic.)
    But that he decided to keep it adfree so that questions of his authenticy would not arise.
    Yes, and GW told the U.S. that they would never tap a phone without a FISA warrant.