Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    if he is, will it matter ???

is it too late for anything to now change ???

Iraq PM says Zarqawi killed

BAGHDAD (Reuters) -Iraq's Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki announced on Thursday that al Qaeda leader in Iraq Abu Musab al-Zarqawi had been killed, state television reported.

In Washington, ABC News reported that a U.S. air attack on a Baghdad house has killed Zarqawi. "Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has been killed in Baghdad during a bombing raid," ABC said.

A Pentagon press officer could not immediately confirm the report.

Jordanian-born Zarqawi is blamed by the United States for the beheading of foreign captives and suicide bombings that have maimed and killed hundreds in Iraq...

...The interior ministry came under intense scrutiny under the previous minister, accused by Sunni leaders of sanctioning death squads, a charge he denied.

The political stalemate that has prevented Maliki from filling the top security posts since he took power on May 20 has been set against some of the most gruesome violence Iraq has seen since a 2003 U.S.-led invasion toppled Saddam.

Police found a total of 17 severed heads in Diyala province north of Baghdad over the last few days and gunmen dragged 24 people, mostly students, out of their cars in the same area and shot them dead on Sunday.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    It appears so as of now. It's all over cable news.

I expect more violence due to them wanting to make him a martyr. Now they are going to "avenge" his death.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/08/2006 at 07:28 AM.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    expect more violence due to them wanting to make him a martyr
    give me a break with the martyr talk. Name me one martyr please that meant anything over the last few years.

Today is a great day.....However, Surur, Im (not) sorry for your loss.
    Why would this change anything? Five Soldiers have been killed this month.
    Maybe this would give the president a bump in the polls. Create a new focus for speeches. "See, we're making progress!"

Was it Joe Biden who said, "Mr. President, even if you kill all of the insurgents, you've still got a war in Iraq." Something like that. I can't find the quote right now.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Why would this change anything? Five Soldiers have been killed this month.
    didnt take long for the naysayers to come out. The same people who slam the US for not being able to capture or kill these people complain when they do. This is a man that led the insurgency in Iraq and has personally sawed off the heads of hostages. Please dont let your hatred of the American admistration interfere with reality. He is dead, and its a very good thing.
    Barye - it's never too late: La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid!

Brought back to mind that old SNL routine at the apartment door:

"Ring...ring...."
    "Whos' there?"
    "Pizza man"
    "I didn't order a pizza"
    "Oh, uh, flowers sir"
    "I'm not expecting flowers"
    "Ring...ring..."
    "Who's there?"
    "Land shark"
    "No way, this is Iraq"
    "Ring...ring..."
    "Who's there?"
    "Predator drone sir"
    Last edited by dstrauss; 06/08/2006 at 08:24 AM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    a great day for the US! a day od mourning for surur. next up - bin laden.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    I see no reason that WE shouldn't be dancing in the streets just like those SOB's with AK47's lording over dead servicmen's bodies.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    hell yes, dstrauss!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Just waiting for the likes of Surur and DaThomas to get here to deny it has any real meaning or that he is now martyr'd. Anyway, I know of one very happy man today....

""I think the world has rid themselves of a very evil person. I think all of his assistants and gofers and people who support him, I hope they meet the same fate." Paul Bigley brother of Kenneth Bigley, who was kidnapped Sept. 16, 2004, and beheaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    give me a break with the martyr talk. Name me one martyr please that meant anything over the last few years.

Today is a great day.....However, Surur, Im (not) sorry for your loss.
    You don't think they will "avenge" his death?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    You don't think they will "avenge" his death?
    You mean do I think they will keep killing people? Probably. Whats you point though? Should we have left him alone because of fear of what will happen if we do kill him. Give me a break.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    we are almost able to say that we squashed him on 6/6/06! lol. looking back on his last video, remember his cocky posturing? who's the strongarm badass now?
    karma's a b!tch.
    Just waiting for the likes of Surur and DaThomas to get here to deny it has any real meaning or that he is now martyr'd. Anyway, I know of one very happy man today....

""I think the world has rid themselves of a very evil person. I think all of his assistants and gofers and people who support him, I hope they meet the same fate." Paul Bigley brother of Kenneth Bigley, who was kidnapped Sept. 16, 2004, and beheaded.
    It is Al Qaida who will make him a martyr. They are already posting stuff on their sites, so says FOX News.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    It is Al Qaida who will make him a martyr. They are already posting stuff on their sites, so says FOX News.
    So what? Who cares? Name one dead al qaida martyr that has meant anything. He will be forgoton in a few weeks. How anyone (besides surur) can call this a bad thing is beyond me. Not wanting to kill a butcher like this because you scared of making him a martyr is crazy. I can only hope that bin laden is martryd soon too.
    Last edited by TomUps; 06/08/2006 at 08:52 AM.
    didnt take long for the naysayers to come out. The same people who slam the US for not being able to capture or kill these people complain when they do. This is a man that led the insurgency in Iraq and has personally sawed off the heads of hostages. Please dont let your hatred of the American admistration interfere with reality. He is dead, and its a very good thing.
    I'm not a naysayer. Do you feel good when you label?
    I am grateful whenever anyone who threatens the life of a soldier is no longer a threat. You want reality? Reality is, he's dead, and so are our soldiers, and we don't know when the killing will stop. Tomorrow, someone else may die.

The question had to do with whether or not this would matter. Even if I loved this administration, my post would have been the same. I felt the same way when Gen. Kamal Mustafa Abdallah Sultan al-Tikriti was captured. I felt the same way when Adilabdillah Mahdi al-Duri al-Tikriti was taken. The same when Chemical Ali was captured. etc etc. We've made a lot of progress on getting the 55 most wanted, but personally, I don't see any of those deaths or captures having made a significant difference.
    You mean do I think they will keep killing people? Probably. Whats you point though? Should we have left him alone because of fear of what will happen if we do kill him. Give me a break.
    I'm just saying expect more violence. Things like this are what fuels those people. I have no doubt this will be used as an excuse to attack Americans.

I never said I supported the guy!! I don't know why you are so defensive and angry at me. I'm only worried about what will happen next. Watch MORE fanatics pop out of the woodwork.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    LT - there are NO BETTER spinmeisters on the planet than radical Islam. I think our highest and best principle, as a people, should be to martyr as many of those b@$^@%*$ as we can. No, we cannot kill all the bad guys; nor should we mourn the loss of a single one.

No one, in the history of mankind, has successfully defended its nation by appeasing an evil opponent in hopes that if they are nice to them, they will leave them alone. You give a rat a cookie, and he wants to take your fingers.

I defy anyone to prove otherwise.
    So what? Who cares? Name one dead al qaida martyr that has meant anything. He will be forgoton in a few weeks. How anyone (besides surur) can call this a bad thing is beyond me. Not waning to kill a butcher like this because you scared of making him a martyr is crazy. I can only hope that bin laden is martryd soon too.
    I never said I was sorrowful over his death. He got what he deserved. I'm just worried about the violence that I believe will come about.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/08/2006 at 09:03 AM.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Time will tell. Regardless, he was a nasty nasty animal. I thought it fitting that his 'spiritual advisor' died with him. Guess he's trying to explain to Zarqawi what the hell happened to the 67 or so virgins, about now.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast