Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    for goodness sakes DaT, your the one always screaming about posts being off topic. What does any of this have to do with todays great success?
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Not at all. Show me multiple credible evidence anyone in the administration ever claimed he was dead. Rumors and obscure web links dont count.
    I can't say it is the admin, but I will always view a report like today's w/ skepticism.

1) Nov. 20th 2005
    Source: Jerusalem Post

Report: al-Zarqawi may have been killed in Mosul

The Eph Arab media website reported on Sunday that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the head of the al-Qaeda in Iraq terror group, may have been killed in Iraq on Sunday afternoon when eight terrorists blew themselves up in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul.

The unconfirmed report claimed that the explosions occurred while coalition forces surrounded the house in which al-Zarqawi was hiding. American and Iraqi forces are looking into the report.
    2) October 16th, 2004
    Source: India Daily
    Zarqawi killed in Iraq?
    3) March 4th, 2004
    Source: MSNBC

BAGHDAD, Iraq - A Jordanian extremist suspected of bloody suicide attacks in Iraq was killed some time ago in U.S. bombing and a letter outlining plans for fomenting sectarian war is a forgery, a statement allegedly from an insurgent group west of the capital said.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was killed in the Sulaimaniyah mountains of northern Iraq “during the American bombing there,” according to a statement circulated in Fallujah this week and signed by the “Leadership of the Allahu Akbar Mujahedeen.”
    4) September 17th, 2005
    Source: Al Jazeera

Cleric says al-Zarqawi died long ago

Al-Qaeda's leader in Iraq Abu Musab al-Zarqawi is dead but Washington continues to use him as a bogeyman to justify a prolonged military occupation, an Iraqi Shia cleric says in an interview.

Sheikh Jawad al-Kalesi, the imam of the al-Kadhimiya mosque in Baghdad, told France's Le Monde newspaper on Friday: "I don't think that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi exists as such. He's simply an invention by the occupiers to divide the people."
    5) June 2nd 2005
    Source: AKI

IRAQ: FALLUJAH SHEIKH SAYS AL-ZARQAWI DIED ON FRIDAY

Baghdad, 2 June (AKI) - The Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi - al-Qaeda's leader in Iraq - died on Friday and his body is in Fallujah cemetary, an Iraqi Sunni sheikh, Amir Abdel Rahim Nasir, has told the Saudi on-line newspaper Al-Medina. He claims that gunfights which broke out in Fallujah in the last few days involved militants trying to protect the insurgency leader's tomb from a group of American soldiers patrolling the area.

During a telephone conversation from the city of Fallujah with the Saudi newspaper, Nasir said al-Zarqawi was taken there after being injured in the city of Ramadi around three weeks ago, and may have been treated by two doctors who had worked with his aides in Baghdad. He said the two doctors had stopped a serious haemorrhage in al-Zarqawi intestines, but that after his condition worsened last week, the militant died on Friday.
    These are just a few of the occasions were he is reported DEAD. So forgive my cautious, and sometimes callous approach to this news. I will wait till I see a setup like they had Uday and Quasi, or whatever the hell the names of Saddam's sons.
    Last edited by NRG; 06/08/2006 at 01:04 PM.
    for goodness sakes DaT, your the one always screaming about posts being off topic. What does any of this have to do with todays great success?
    Puleez. Don't delude yourself. As far as the catastrophe that is currently Iraq, this is by no means a great success. Even killing Bin Laden at this point would be but closure at this point compared to the suffering unleashed in Iraq.

Don't delude yourself please. You're smarter than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    You tell me.
    Well, some would say at the cost of hundreds of innocent civilians during the air strikes and untold numbers at the hands of Saddam’s forces. Of course, you can, like BARYE, blame that on Bush Sr. But how long should it have been allowed to continue while everyone plays the blame game?
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Well, some would say at the cost of hundreds of innocent civilians during the air strikes and untold numbers at the hands of Saddam’s forces. Of course, you can, like BARYE, blame that on Bush Sr. But how long should it have been allowed to continue while everyone plays the blame game?
    Huh?

What are you talking about? The encouraged uprising which we never delivered the support we promised?
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Some people say....................
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    NRG,

1. The Jerusalem post said he MAY be dead.
    2. India daily - dont care (and theres a question mark after dead)
    3. MSNBC quoted a report by "a statement allegedly from an insurgent group"
    4. Al Jazeera - no need even to comment on this one.
    5. AKI - never heard of it.

Is this how you get your news? Let me fill you in on alittle something....Elvis and JFK are also dead, no matter what Al Jazeera and AKI report.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    As far as the catastrophe that is currently Iraq, this is by no means a great success. Even killing Bin Laden at this point would be but closure at this point compared to the suffering unleashed in Iraq.
    So what do you call killing the leader of the Iraqi insurgency, who has personally beheaded hostages.....a great failure?

People like you are the first to complain that Bush hasnt caught or killed bin laden. You would also be one of the first to discount it when he does.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    NRG,

1. The Jerusalem post said he MAY be dead.
    2. India daily - dont care (and there's a question mark after dead)
    3. MSNBC quoted a report by "a statement allegedly from an insurgent group"
    4. Al Jazeera - no need even to comment on this one.
    5. AKI - never heard of it.

Is this how you get your news? Let me fill you in on a little something....Elvis and JFK are also dead, no matter what Al Jazeera and AKI report.
    Hmmm. As I said, I will view this w/ skepticism. Obvisously you don't venture outside of the Wash Times, Fox news huh? Isn't nice to dismiss based on bias. I have said it before and will say it again. I will wait for the open casket.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Huh?

What are you talking about? The encouraged uprising which we never delivered the support we promised?
    Yes... and, case in point.
  11.    #91  
    Yes... and, case in point.
    hoovs, you want to glide on by issues like responsibility when it indicts people you identify with and respect.

The Kurds and the Shiites (in particular) were betrayed by daddy.

They were slaughtered in the thousands by Sadamm while our troops were ORDERED to sit and watch helplessly.

Admit and confront this truth.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Hmmm. As I said, I will view this w/ skepticism. Obvisously you don't venture outside of the Wash Times, Fox news huh? Isn't nice to dismiss based on bias. I have said it before and will say it again. I will wait for the open casket.
    I dont read the Washington times...I get my news from Reuters, the AP, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, and NY Post (best sports section in NY). I love the way someone that takes seriously anything from Al-Jazeera can take shots at fox news for being biased.

As for waiting for the open casket, your getting it now. There are pictures of the dead man all over the internet now. Maybe the great AKI doesnt have them yet though.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    So what do you call killing the leader of the Iraqi insurgency, who has personally beheaded hostages.....a great failure?
    Please, Please, show me where he is the leader of the insurgency

People like you are the first to complain that Bush hasnt caught or killed bin laden. You would also be one of the first to discount it when he does.
    Not that he hasn't but that he hadn't. Fine line of distinction.
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    As for waiting for the open casket, your getting it now. There are pictures of the dead man all over the internet now. Maybe the great AKI doesnt have them yet though.
    No, I have gotten "it" for a while. Always take this admin w/ a grain of salt and some soild proof. Also, could we get some of those pics posted here.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    No, I have gotten "it" for a while. Always take this admin w/ a grain of salt and some soild proof. Also, could we get some of those pics posted here.
    What would be solid proof for you? AL-qaida has already confirmed it. Pictures of him dead are on every news website (probably even Al-Jazeera). Maybe they can let you perform the autopsy. Would that do it? If he wasn't dead, he would be the first to appear on camera to embarress the administration. Come back to reality please.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    What would be solid proof for you? AL-qaida has already confirmed it. Pictures of him dead are on every news website (probably even Al-Jazeera). Maybe they can let you perform the autopsy. Would that do it? If he wasn't dead, he would be the first to appear on camera to embarress the administration. Come back to reality please.
    Open caket will work fine. I wouldn't mind doing the autopsy though. Also, a note here: We here at TC like cites if you make claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    hoovs, you want to glide on by issues like responsibility when it indicts people you identify with and respect.

The Kurds and the Shiites (in particular) were betrayed by daddy.

They were slaughtered in the thousands by Sadamm while our troops were ORDERED to sit and watch helplessly.

Admit and confront this truth.
    Wrong again my hairy friend. I don’t identify with GHWB nor would I say I have a huge amount of respect for him. We can point blame all we want, as I am inclined to do as well, but the bottom line is that something had to be done about the continuing situation. We could sit by and let Saddam’s crew kill thousands more people, take pop shots at us and, most likely, continue or resume a WMD program, or we can put an end to it.

One more thing about GHWB: if he indeed went the full mile and toppled Saddam, we’d be in the same place we are now with all of the folks on the Left reciting all of the same rhetoric. Do you disagree?
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    One more thing about GHWB: if he indeed went the full mile and toppled Saddam, we’d be in the same place we are now with all of the folks on the Left reciting all of the same rhetoric. Do you disagree?
    What if? My favorite type of argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    What if? My favorite type of argument.
    That was just an aside to my main point.
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    That was just an aside to my main point.
    Just being hard on ya. I just really dislike what if arguments.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast