Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!!

had that weasel eliminated Zarqawi when it would have made a difference, when Zarqawi was most vulnerable, when the Kurds begged for our help in killing Zarqawi -- then maybe you could have had an excuse to send a bouquet to 1600 Pa. Ave.

Instead that phoney pssy ssed clown stopped the Kurds. He wanted to maintain and use the lie that Zarqawi the al Quaida terrorist was being sheltered by Sadamm in Iraq as part of his strategy for inventing this calamitous war.

The unforgivable inexcusable beheading, the monstrous random butchery, the blind horrific sectarian murder -- I blame at least in part on junior.

It should never have happened -- he allowed it to happen.
    I see, you can only see what you believe to be the negative in a person and willingly lay blame for every action on that individual if it fits your agenda, but refuse to give credit for any action that the world sees as a positive to the same individual. I do not know you, but this would lead me to believe that you would give full credit to someone you voted for without holding them to the same level of accountability as you hold the current administartaion.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    a great day for the US! a day od mourning for surur. next up - bin laden.
    Yes please. And while we're at it, can we take care of Afghanistan?
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I see, you can only see what you believe to be the negative in a person and willingly lay blame for every action on that individual if it fits your agenda, but refuse to give credit for any action that the world sees as a positive to the same individual. I do not know you, but this would lead me to believe that you would give full credit to someone you voted for without holding them to the same level of accountability as you hold the current administration.
    a fair criticism, reasonably argued.

no doubt I see Clinton's era as even more prosperous, more peaceful than it was.

I maintain no pretense of perfect objectivity -- but I don't think my raw visceral loathing of junior is without a foundation and a lot of merit.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    a fair criticism, reasonably argued.

no doubt I see Clinton's era as even more prosperous, more peaceful than it was.

I maintain no pretense of perfect objectivity -- but I don't think my raw visceral loathing of junior is without a foundation and a lot of merit.
    Certainly not! It is the logical outcome of years of feeding off of Left-wing propaganda.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Afghanistan is becoming Iraq...
    Afghanistan is becoming Iraq...
    Yup, they really screwed the pooch there. But they were never really concerned with it.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Why? Afghanistan was home base for al-qaida. The taliban gave refuge and sanctuary to bin-laden. Afghanistan was the launching pad for terrorist attacks across the world. This safe haven has been eliminated. The taliban no longer are in control. In was never and should be never a priority in Afghanistan to turn it into a model of peace and prosperity. It was to eliminate an enemy that attacked us from that country. Our goal (not an easy one) is to keep these wackos from returning.

Oh, in the meantime, the public executions have stopped, woman are able to vote, and children are going to school again.

But this is completely what this thread is not about.
    Barye & daT:

Couldn't you just enjoy a few moments of silence for the fallen butcher as he moves into hell before starting the spin machines running again?

Maybe this whole thing is a nasty mess, and our problem is not the absence of border protection on our south, but the lack of virtual border around Irag, Iran, Afghanistan and Syria to kill all escaping cockroaches?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Why? Afghanistan was home base for al-qaida. The taliban gave refuge and sanctuary to bin-laden. Afghanistan was the launching pad for terrorist attacks across the world. This safe haven has been eliminated. The taliban no longer are in control. In was never and should be never a priority in Afghanistan to turn it into a model of peace and prosperity. It was to eliminate an enemy that attacked us from that country. Our goal (not an easy one) is to keep these wackos from returning....
    you got us there !!

Afghan police kill 7 comrades, defect to Taliban

Mon Jun 5, 2006
    KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (Reuters) - Five Afghan police shot dead seven fellow officers as they slept, before defecting to join Taliban guerrillas fighting in southern Afghanistan, a provincial official said on Monday.

Sunday night's incident outside Qalat, the provincial capital of southern province of Zabul, comes amid the bloodiest period in an insurgency raging since U.S.-backed forces toppled the militants' government in 2001.

"The seven policemen were asleep when the other five jumped, killed them, took their arms and joined the Taliban," provincial spokesman, Gulab Shah Alikhail, told Reuters...

...More than 400 people, most of them militants, dozens of Afghan security forces, and at least 17 civilians and four foreign troops were killed in the fighting last month.

Last week, the Taliban attacked a district headquarters in neighboring Uruzgan province, killed more than 10 police, captured up to 40 others, but released 20 of them after getting "commitments that they would desert the government."...
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Barye,

What does any of this have to do with this thread? If you really want to do this, start a new one.
    This safe haven has been eliminated. The taliban no longer are in control. In was never and should be never a priority in Afghanistan to turn it into a model of peace and prosperity. It was to eliminate an enemy that attacked us from that country. Our goal (not an easy one) is to keep these wackos from returning.

Oh, in the meantime, the public executions have stopped, woman are able to vote, and children are going to school again.

But this is completely what this thread is not about.
    No, it has not. That's my point.
    Yup, they really screwed the pooch there. But they were never really concerned with it.
    If you truly are that cynical about Bush and the Republican party then you should expect OBL to be killed soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Barye & daT:

Couldn't you just enjoy a few moments of silence for the fallen butcher as he moves into hell before starting the spin machines running again?

Maybe this whole thing is a nasty mess, and our problem is not the absence of border protection on our south, but the lack of virtual border around Irag, Iran, Afghanistan and Syria to kill all escaping cockroaches?
    If I were to buy into the simpleton idea of we're fighting evil terrorists in Iraq and the figurehead was killed so the rest will topple, then yes I would enjoy the moment.

Unfortunately, the reality of what's happening in Iraq has less and less to do with foreign terrorists and more to do with civil war.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    If you truly are that cynical about Bush and the Republican party then you should expect OBL to be killed soon.
    If you’re right, his chances of getting killed are inversely proportional to Bush and the Republican Party’s approval rating.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I'd welcome Bin Laden's death. (no doubt all of us feel that way.)

But I have not forgotten that he was surrounded and about to be captured when junior let him escape from Bora Bora...
    Last edited by BARYE; 06/08/2006 at 11:53 AM.
    Congrats to the troops (including the Iraqis) who finally got him, good work.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Really? This guy is like a cat!! How many times have we killed him?
    I'd welcome Bin Laden's death. (no doubt all of us feel that way.

But I have not forgotten that he was surrounded and about to be captured when junior let him escape from Bora Bora...
    More specifically, according to Tommy Franks book he literally called Tommy Franks in Afghanistan and asked him to move half his troops to Iraq.
  20.    #60  
    Barye,

What does any of this have to do with this thread? If you really want to do this, start a new one.
    sorry -- things lead where things lead...
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast