Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    america hater
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    america hater
    Did you just "America Hater" yourself????
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Did you just "America Hater" yourself????
    You're changing the topic.
    Some updated information:

Al Qaeda Likely to Alter Marketing Efforts
    Friday, June 09, 2006

Al-Zarqawi had become a key part of Al Qaeda's marketing: He was a terror operator who stole headlines with jarring, gruesome attacks carried out by a network of foreign and Iraqi fighters. For more than three years, he evaded an international manhunt.

Counterterrorism officials have said al-Zarqawi served as a worldwide jihadist rallying point and a fundraising icon.

"The terrorist celeb, if you will," said Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich., a former FBI agent who serves on the House Intelligence Committee. "It is like selling for any organization. They are selling the success of Zarqawi in eluding capture in Iraq."

Although the United States and its major allies have made progress in shutting down some sources of terror financing, they face many challenges. Terrorist financiers have moved beyond using the traditional banking system to fund violence.

Al Qaeda has struggled too.

In a letter last year, Al Qaeda's No. 2, Ayman al-Zawahri, took al-Zarqawi up on his offer to send some money because many lines had been cut off. Al-Zawahri asked for about 100,000, — without specifying a currency. "We'll be very grateful to you," he said.

-------------------

The story goes on to list a summary of several possible replacements at:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,198840,00.html
    Meanwhile, U.S. troops conducted 39 raids late Thursday and early Friday, some based on information gleaned from searches in the hours after the al-Qaida leader’s death. Fearing that insurgents will seek revenge, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki imposed driving bans in Baghdad and restive Diyala province, where the terrorist was killed.

-------------------------

Gen. George Casey, the top U.S. commander in Iraq, had said four people, including a woman and a child, were killed with al-Zarqawi and Abu Abdul-Rahman al-Iraqi, the terrorist’s spiritual consultant.

Youth not among dead. Caldwell said it now appears there was no child among those killed. He cautioned that some facts were still being sorted out but said that three women and three men, including al-Zarqawi, were killed.

FULL STORY: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13222000
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    many sunnis (not all, for sure) have expressed unhappiness.
    Can't please everyone.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Now if someone would just throw in a comment about Dan Rather, this Treo Central thread would be perfect.
    Dan, I'd Rather not. (bad, I know. So shoot me)
    Al Qaeda in Iraq Names Zarqawi's Successor
    Monday, June 12, 2006

CAIRO, Egypt — Al Qaeda in Iraq announced in a Web statement posted Monday that a militant named Abu Hamza al-Muhajer was appointed the group's new leader to succeed the slain Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

The name was not immediately known. The name al-Muhajer, Arabic for "immigrant," suggested he was not Iraqi.

"Al Qaeda in Iraq's council has agreed on Sheik Abu Hamza al-Muhajer to be the successor for Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in the leadership of the organization," said a statement signed by the group on an Islamic militant Web forum where it often posts messages.

It said al-Muhajer was "a beloved brother with jihadi (holy war) experience and a strong footing in knowledge."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,199106,00.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13276364

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1701373.shtml
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Here are the thoughts of someone who is serving in Iraq.

Received from a hard core fighter type who is a patriot first..........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    We ALL got that SOB.

Some grandmother somewhere in America works in a factory soldering wires to
    a harness that will connect to a little square box containing a little
    projection camera for an F-16 Heads Up Display.

A young man or woman a year removed from high school pulled pins from 500lb
    bombs on a hot desert tarmac.

Another kid in America works in a foundry pouring hot aluminum alloys which
    will eventually find its way to the compressor stage of the F-100 engine that
    will power an F-16 from a runway.

Someone in America sang in a church choir on Sunday, and on Monday was
    holding a rivet gun, helping build another warplane, which will help keep us free.

Some group of brave men in the darkness, shined a little laser beam against
    a building.

Some geeky American, known for his/her math skills wrote a little program
    that turns numbers into coordinates.

Some young American decided to become a pilot after watching the
    Thunderbirds or Blue Angels put on a show.

Some American you or I will never meet, had an idea, which became GPS.

Some kid who last year was dancing at a Prom pulled the chocks.

Some kid wiped the canopy that a year ago was wiping car windshields in
    their summer job at the local car wash back home.

Someone working in a rubber factory had no idea that his or her work product
    was tucking itself into its bay as the pilot brought up the gear 20 ft off
    the deck.

Some little American girl who years ago was all about MTV and CDs gave a
    vector, cleared hot.

Some pilots did their job.

SHACK, baby.

AMERICA got that sob

Every damn one of us.

All I can say is that before he died, I hope it hurt like hell. ..........................................
    chk6
    bob
    "There are No Fighter Pilots Down in Hell
    Because of Damn Good Crew Chiefs"
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    So all the Americans killed the 24 in Haditha also, did they? Its nice to see some communal responsibility these days.

Surur
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    So all the Americans killed the 24 in Haditha also, did they? Its nice to see some communal responsibility these days.
    Maybe we should wait for all the facts come out before we judge these people. I know your not interested in the truth, unless it jives with your politics, but I think we should wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur

Surur
    Still working on that inferiority complex?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Maybe we should wait for all the facts come out before we judge these people. I know your not interested in the truth, unless it jives with your politics, but I think we should wait.
    Facts? We don't need no stinking facts!
    Oh I'm sure the inquiry will show the babies were all armed with Ak47's. I'm confident the military justice system works for Americans.

Surur
    American wannabe.
    Oh I'm sure the inquiry will show the babies were all armed with Ak47's. I'm confident the military justice system works for Americans.

Surur
    As if any Muslim country would even have an inquiry.
    The trick is planting them there AFTER.
    The trick is planting them there AFTER.
    Are you claiming that our military people are dishonest?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts

Surur
    You mean like all Muslims behead innocent civlians they have so heroically captured, or all Muslims strap explosives on their chest so they get the 72 virgins.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    You mean like all Muslims behead innocent civlians they have so heroically captured, or all Muslims strap explosives on their chest so they get the 72 virgins.
    72 virgins, give me a belt!
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Are you claiming that our military people are dishonest?
    I am claiming that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Associated Press
    U.S. military investigators believe the killing of an Iraqi civilian April 26 was planned by a group of marines who shot the man and then planted a shovel and an AK-47 assault rifle at the scene, a senior Pentagon official said Tuesday."
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast