1.    #1  
    I have spent the better part of 2 hours sorting through a box of accumulated junk mail, 95% of this junk mail are credit card offers. Of this, I have sorted out the items with my name on it (like applications) for shredding, and the rest (empty envelopes, misc filler crap) into a toss pile. As I sit here sipping a beer (BlueMoon Heffewizen) and waiting for my shredder to cool down, I am google searching for a way to stop all these damn credit card offers.

I see several hits for phone numbers to call and even a couple of websites to process the cancellation. Seems all want my personal data, including SSN. Has anyone here on TC been throgh this and can direct me to a legitimate means of stopping these damn credit card offers?

Time for another beer
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3.    #3  
    Awesome. I and my over worked paper shredder thank you.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
    The problem could be your paper shredder paranoia.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    The problem could be your paper shredder paranoia.
    Having been a victim of credit card fraud and all the hoops that have to be jumped through to clear it, dont begrudge me a little paranoia. I shred what ever has my name or any bit of personal information on.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    I have spent the better part of 2 hours sorting through a box of accumulated junk mail, 95% of this junk mail are credit card offers. Of this, I have sorted out the items with my name on it (like applications) for shredding, and the rest (empty envelopes, misc filler crap) into a toss pile. As I sit here sipping a beer (BlueMoon Heffewizen) and waiting for my shredder to cool down, I am google searching for a way to stop all these damn credit card offers.

I see several hits for phone numbers to call and even a couple of websites to process the cancellation. Seems all want my personal data, including SSN. Has anyone here on TC been throgh this and can direct me to a legitimate means of stopping these damn credit card offers?

Time for another beer
    You could just stop paying your bills. I would think they then would not want you as a customer.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    You could just stop paying your bills. I would think they then would not want you as a customer.
    My bills are tiny and usually paid off in full. I make it a point to carry minimal credit card debt, <20% of available credit. I use mostly my debit card or Amex to earn points for when I travel. Otherwise its cash for everthing else. Now if I had a crappy FICO score. all these damn mailings would disappear.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    Having been a victim of credit card fraud and all the hoops that have to be jumped through to clear it, dont begrudge me a little paranoia. I shred what ever has my name or any bit of personal information on.
    Just happened to me about 10 days ago. Not cool.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."