Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Given boxes of heads, sectarian executions, etc. at what point for you would you consider this "experiement" a failure and beyond saving?

More severed heads found in Iraq

In May 1,398 bodies were brought to the Baghdad morgue

etc...etc.

What's your tipping point for calling this fiasco?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    When the Iraqi Government can protect the citizens of Iraqi from foreign and domestic enemies.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    When the Iraqi Government can protect the citizens of Iraqi from foreign and domestic enemies.
    I'm not sure that is within the U.S. control.
    When the libs stop b!tchin and Iraqi's collectively get backbone and start killing and ratting out Surur's heroes (aka murdering muslim terrorists).
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    good answer, atm
    I gotta have more cowbell
    What if in 5 years they democratically elect an anti-USA government (like Palestine). Will you invade them again?

Surur
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    When the libs stop b!tchin and Iraqi's collectively get backbone and start killing and ratting out Surur's heroes (aka murdering muslim terrorists).
    I think your mistake there is referring to "Iraqis" as a single group of people. I believe it's more apparent than ever that the population is reverting to it's separate factions.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    What if in 5 years they democratically elect an anti-USA government (like Palestine). Will you invade them again?

Surur
    Did we invade Palestine when they did?
    So you wont leave if they embrace them? Life-long occupation, is it?

Surur
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I do think its time we turn the reigns over to the iraqi's now. we've been in there long enough.
    I'm sick of seeing our guys getting taken out by IEDS, or watching these cowards hide behind women and children as they wage war on us..
    I will say that I think iraq appears to be a mess. while progress is hopefully being made within their new govt and general infratructure, there is still a significant level of unrest going on. this is to be expected to some degree in times like this, but you don't get the sense that we are increasing our control over the chaos going on.

we should equip those troops with the technology capable of detecting IED'S buried by the roadside and/or within cars, if we are going to continue this occupation in iraq.
    Hope not, but you do not put a timeframe on it.

Quote Originally Posted by surur
    So you wont leave if they embrace them? Life-long occupation, is it?

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    I do think its time we turn the reigns over to the iraqi's now. we've been in there long enough.
    I'm sick of seeing our guys getting taken out by IEDS, or watching these cowards hide behind women and children as they wage war on us..
    I will say that I think iraq appears to be a mess. while progress is hopefully being made within their new govt and general infratructure, there is still a significant level of unrest going on. this is to be expected to some degree in times like this, but you don't get the sense that we are increasing our control over the chaos going on.
    this is seismic !!!

this would be the equivalent of me finding religion and voting for junior
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    So you think we're losing? I don't believe only the bad news on tv and in the lib media. Things are bad, but I think it is more two steps forward and one step back. If we continue to do what we're doing, we will eventually break the back of Surur's thugs. You know the guys who rape and then murder women and kill their children. Do you really want to walk away from that. There are too many more scumbags to kill.

we should equip those troops with the technology capable of detecting IED'S buried by the roadside and/or within cars, if we are going to continue this occupation in iraq.
    So you think we're losing? I don't believe only the bad news on tv and in the lib media... There are too many more scumbags to kill.
    starting to sound like a true believing dead ender...
  15.    #15  
    Just an FYI:
    June 2 (Reuters) - Robotics company iRobot Corp. (IRBT.O: Quote, Profile, Research) on Friday said it received a $64.3 million contract to supply the U.S. military with bomb-defusing robots, to be used in places including Iraq and Afghanistan.
    I'm pretty confident that junior will announce the withdrwal (to at least kuwait) of a significant numer of our troops by August

(they may never leave -- but he'll still make that announcement)
  17.    #17  
    So you think we're losing? I don't believe only the bad news on tv and in the lib media. Things are bad, but I think it is more two steps forward and one step back. If we continue to do what we're doing, we will eventually break the back of Surur's thugs. You know the guys who rape and then murder women and kill their children. Do you really want to walk away from that. There are too many more scumbags to kill.

Dude, boxes of heads and factional executions, are not one step back. It's a big jump backwards. You're really oversimplifying this into a group of "good guys" and "bad guys".
    huh, and I thought you started the thread to ask our opinion. I gave it to you - full steam ahead, don't stop killing terrorists till they are all dead.

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Dude, boxes of heads and factional executions, are not one step back. It's a big jump backwards. You're really oversimplifying this into a group of "good guys" and "bad guys".
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I wouldn't say we're losing, but we're a long way from tight control over the situation.
    I'm with you as far as the notion that the media reports more negatives than positives. I'd like to see the media go out of they're way to search out the positives and the accomplishments with the same vigor they do with the tragedies going on over there.

I think we can do better as far as protecting our soldiers from these IEDS and carbombs though - that's for sure. in that regard, I don't like what I'm seeing at all.
  20.    #20  
    huh, and I thought you started the thread to ask our opinion. I gave it to you - full steam ahead, don't stop killing terrorists till they are all dead.
    I started the thread to hear opinions but I'm still going to point out over-simplification. And the statement 'don't stop killing terrorists' is extremely so regarding this discussion.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast