Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 116
  1. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #81  
    Did you forget that Iraq did not invade USA, they invaded Kuwait. Does that complicated your moral black and white a bit. Maybe its about killing people who cause your gas prices to rise?
    I already laid out my reason for supporting the war. I was all for the removal of Sadam and the utter destruction of his army (and his mighty republican guard). The rape and destruction of Kuwait was reason enough for me, not to mention the gasing of his own people. Im am not moraly conflicted about that at all. I actually like high gas prices. Maybe it will force us to find alternative fuel sources. I just hope Im still around many years from now to see what happens to all the muslim oil supplying nations when they go broke.

    Now, answer me this, do you feel moraly conflicted when you approve of hostages heads being sawed off with thier hands bound behind their backs? Just curious.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Now, answer me this, do you feel moraly conflicted when you approve of hostages heads being sawed off with thier hands bound behind their backs? Just curious.
    Sickening, literally.
  3. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #83  
    Sickening, literally.
    Whats sickening? The fact that Surur approves of this behavior or the fact that I asked him about it. If you find it sickening that Surur approves and encourages this behavior it would mark the first time you and I have ever agreed.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    I already laid out my reason for supporting the war. I was all for the removal of Sadam and the utter destruction of his army (and his mighty republican guard). The rape and destruction of Kuwait was reason enough for me, not to mention the gasing of his own people. Im am not moraly conflicted about that at all. I actually like high gas prices. Maybe it will force us to find alternative fuel sources. I just hope Im still around many years from now to see what happens to all the muslim oil supplying nations when they go broke.
    So its not just about killing people who want to kill you, is it.

    Surur
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Whats sickening? The fact that Surur approves of this behavior or the fact that I asked him about it. If you find it sickening that Surur approves and encourages this behavior it would mark the first time you and I have ever agreed.
    It's sickening that another human being could do that to another. Like a lot of other violence this administration has unleashed.

    But staying on topic, as long as the US army occupys and Halliburton has contracts there to import US workers, then there will be targets.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Here you go, Surur. Reports seem to vary, but this may help you with numbers:

    http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RS22441.pdf

    Thats only half the question. How many "insurgents" were killed for those civilians killed, and by whom were those many many civilians killed.

    Surur
  7. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #87  
    It's sickening that another human being could do that to another. Like a lot of other violence this administration has unleashed.But staying on topic, as long as the US army occupys and Halliburton has contracts there to import US workers, then there will be targets.
    Well then, we kind af agree...Except, not all the beheadings are that of US workers that have become targets. You yourself started this post and mentioned heads being found in a bunch of boxes. Iraqi heads. Most likely killed by foreigners or other Iraqis. You can try all you want DaT, but not all violence can be blamed on Americans. There is a hard core element, that wants any thing but peace and prosperity to ever come to Iraq.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Well then, we kind af agree...Except, not all the beheadings are that of US workers that have become targets. You yourself started this post and mentioned heads being found in a bunch of boxes. Iraqi heads. Most likely killed by foreigners or other Iraqis. You can try all you want DaT, but not all violence can be blamed on Americans. There is a hard core element, that wants any thing but peace and prosperity to ever come to Iraq.
    Yea, um, I believe that would be sectarian violence. The people who placed those heads in those boxes are those in the Bush administration who insisted on this invasion and did not heed the experts who warned of factional fighting and civil war.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    No TU, I just get really sick of the Israel debate.

    Particularly in a thread about the occupation of Iraq.
    Talk to Surur about that.
  10. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    It's sickening that another human being could do that to another. Like a lot of other violence this administration has unleashed.

    But staying on topic, as long as the US army occupys and Halliburton has contracts there to import US workers, then there will be targets.
    Thats the koolaid talking, I think. I know you aren't serious.
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Talk to Surur about that.
    Sorry, but Israel is the direct example that comes up, and exposes American hipocracy to the whole world. It destroys american crediblity on so many levels.

    Israel is in violation of 21 UN resolutions BTW. Doesn't bother you at all, does it.

    Surur
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    It's sickening that another human being could do that to another. Like a lot of other violence this administration has unleashed.

    But staying on topic, as long as the US army occupys and Halliburton has contracts there to import US workers, then there will be targets.
    Iím wondering just what this administration has done that can be compared to sawing an innocent living manís head off with a machete, recording it and then sending it around the world for all to see.
  13. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #93  
    Sorry, but Israel is the direct example that comes up, and exposes American hipocracy to the whole world. It destroys american crediblity on so many levels.
    If America destroys it credibility to people that are in favor of blowing up innocent children, then Im glad.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Sorry, but Israel is the direct example that comes up, and exposes American hipocracy to the whole world. It destroys american crediblity on so many levels.

    Israel is in violation of 21 UN resolutions BTW. Doesn't bother you at all, does it.

    Surur
    The US has never been at a war with Israel resulting in UN resolutions which Israel is breaking.
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Iím wondering just what this administration has done that can be compared to sawing an innocent living manís head off with a machete, recording it and then sending it around the world for all to see.
    Yes, American torture is not usually visible in public.

    Surur
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    If America destroys it credibility to people that are in favor of blowing up innocent children, then Im glad.
    Sure doesn't help when you want to convince others to stop developing nuclear weapons, does it. But that does not matter to you. Kill them all you say. Those resolutions are being violated!

    Surur
  17. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #97  
    Sure doesn't help when you want to convince others to stop developing nuclear weapons, does it. But that does not matter to you. Kill them all you say. Those resolutions are being violated!
    Your jumping all over the place here. However, if your talking about Iran, I can honestly say I could care less if the US has lost any credibility with their insane leader because America is against homicide bombers inside Israel. Let me also say if we have lost credibility to Iran because we are against hostage beheadings, then too, I also could care less.

    Show me where I have ever said "kill them all" please.

    As for the Iraqi resolutions, yes they were in violation of resolutions mostly set from a war we participated in against them. Many of those resolutions were set at the end of a war that my country fought in and to ensure it wouldnt happen again. A war to liberate another country that Iraq had attacked. Please show me one resolution against Israel created after a war they fought against America. All the other Anti-Israel, Anti Semetic resolutions are meaningless to me.
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Your jumping all over the place here. However, if your talking about Iran, I can honestly say I could care less if the US has lost any credibility with their insane leader because America is against homicide bombers inside Israel. Let me also say if we have lost credibility to Iran because we are against hostage beheadings, then too, I also could care less.

    Show me where I have ever said "kill them all" please.

    As for the Iraqi resolutions, yes they were in violation of resolutions mostly set from a war we participated in against them. Many of those resolutions were set at the end of a war that my country fought in and to ensure it wouldnt happen again. A war to liberate another country that Iraq had attacked. Please show me one resolution against Israel created after a war they fought against America. All the other Anti-Israel, Anti Semetic resolutions are meaningless to me.
    How about they had no credibility with Iran because they secretly condones Israel's nuclear ambitions. As we know, the resolutions were only an excuse.

    You said:
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    No, its about killing the ones that want to kill me and my family, and not killing and actually protecting the ones that dont. Not that difficult.
    Yes Iraq never attacked you. In fact you attacked them. Twice. So dont talk to me about a war of self-defense. America is very offensive.

    BTW, that insane Iranian leader was democratically elected. Guess not all democracies automatically agree with America. Are you going to try "regime change" there too and install a puppet regime?

    Surur
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Yes, American torture is not usually visible in public.

    Surur
    (yawn)
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    (yawn)
    THE BUSH administration assures the country, and the world, that it is complying with U.S. and international laws banning torture and maltreatment of prisoners. But, breaking with a practice of openness that had lasted for decades, it has classified as secret and refused to disclose the techniques of interrogation it is using on foreign detainees at U.S. prisons at Guantanamo Bay and in Afghanistan and Iraq. This is a matter of grave concern because the use of some of the methods that have been reported in the press is regarded by independent experts as well as some of the Pentagon's legal professionals as illegal. The administration has responded that its civilian lawyers have certified its methods as proper -- but it has refused to disclose, or even provide to Congress, the justifying opinions and memos.

    This week, thanks again to an independent press, we have begun to learn the deeply disturbing truth about the legal opinions that the Pentagon and the Justice Department seek to keep secret. According to copies leaked to several newspapers, they lay out a shocking and immoral set of justifications for torture. In a paper prepared last year under the direction of the Defense Department's chief counsel, and first disclosed by the Wall Street Journal, the president of the United States was declared empowered to disregard U.S. and international law and order the torture of foreign prisoners. Moreover, interrogators following the president's orders were declared immune from punishment. Torture itself was narrowly redefined, so that techniques that inflict pain and mental suffering could be deemed legal. All this was done as a prelude to the designation of 24 interrogation methods for foreign prisoners -- the same techniques, now in use, that President Bush says are humane but refuses to disclose.
    Hey, only a few died so far. Whatever they doing must be very good. \not to mention the dogs.

    Surur
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions