1.    #1  
    Pistons Put the Pressure Back on Heat
    Detroit's Defense, Prince's Offense Are Enough to Keep Miami From Clinching: Pistons 91, Heat 78

By Ivan Carter
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Friday, June 2, 2006; Page E09

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Reprinted from yesterday's late editions

Like every fan base in the NBA, the folks who fill the Palace of Auburn Hills appreciate a well-run fast break, they rise up and scream with delight when a three-pointer rips through the net and they holler with enthusiasm when one of their players throws down a hard dunk.

Ben Wallace's fourth-quarter block on the Heat's Shaquille O'Neal, left, was indicative of the Pistons' defense as they staved off elimination Wednesday, narrowing Miami's series lead to 3-2. (By Gregory Shamus -- Getty Images)

But what really turns them on is defense, the kind of grind-it-out, possession-by-possession commitment to stopping an opponent that has allowed the Detroit Pistons to dominate the Eastern Conference for three seasons.

In Game 5 of the conference finals on Wednesday night, the Pistons recaptured some of the "mojo" Coach Flip Saunders said they had lost by playing determined defense from the opening tip and swarming the Miami Heat down the stretch en route to a 91-78 victory in front of a sold-out crowd of 22,076....
    That's a sweet picture
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    That's a sweet picture
    Yea, I didn't watch the game but saw the highlight. Never seen Shaq so authoritatively capped!
    I quit being a Shaq fan when he started believing that using is A$$ as an offensive weapon made him a great basketball player.

The only thing better than watching him get denied was watching him get frustrated with the defense of Dennis Rodman back in old days.
    Man, that brings back sweet memories of Russell and Chamberlain! What a picture.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Man, that brings back sweet memories of Russell and Chamberlain!
    Just without the free throws.
    You dissing this?

Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Pistons blew a rod... too much Heat.
    Posting BS on a tech page is BS
    Quote Originally Posted by shoultz-treo
    Posting BS on a tech page is BS
    Someone with a 0 post count, complaining about an OFF TOPIC post, in an OFF TOPIC sub-forum, on a tech board is BS!

Have a nice day.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Someone with a 0 post count, complaining about an OFF TOPIC post, in an OFF TOPIC sub-forum, on a tech board is BS!

Have a nice day.
    LOL