Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    U.S. accused in more Iraq civilian deaths
    By KIM GAMEL, Associated Press Writer
    12 minutes ago

A third set of allegations that U.S. troops have deliberately killed civilians is fueling a furor in Iraq and drawing strong condemnations from government and human rights officials.

"It looks like the killing of Iraqi civilians is becoming a daily phenomenon," the chairman of the Iraqi Human Rights Association, Muayed al-Anbaki, said Friday after video ran on television of children and adults slain in a raid in Ishaqi in March.

Al-Anbaki's comments came a day after Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki upbraided the U.S. military over allegations that Marines killed two dozen unarmed civilians in Haditha, calling it "a horrible crime." They were his strongest public comments on the subject since his government was sworn in last month.

U.S. commanders have ordered new ethics training for all troops in Iraq. But the flow of revelations and investigations threatens to undermine Iraq's new government and public support in America for President Bush's management of the war.

Iraq's government also began its own investigation of the deaths in Haditha.

In addition to the Haditha case, in which Marines are alleged to have gunned down 24 civilians in a rage of revenge for a bombing that killed a Marine in November, seven Marines and a Navy corpsman could face murder, kidnapping and conspiracy charges as early as Friday in the April shooting death of an Iraqi man, a defense attorney said Thursday.

Military prosecutors plan to file the charges against the men, who are being held in solitary confinement at Camp Pendleton, Calif., Marine Corps base, said Jeremiah Sullivan III, who represents one of the men.

The Los Angeles Times and NBC News said troops may have planted an AK-47 and a shovel near the body to make it appear as if the man was an insurgent burying a roadside bomb. Neither suggested a possible motive....
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Actually, its propoganda like this that fuels the furor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Translation:

"Actually, it's facts like this that point out our troops are getting fried."
  4.    #4  
    That and the dead babies.
    Dont worry. If you dont hear about it, its like it never happened!!!

Surur
    AP is getting fairly good at cropping the AK-47s and SKSs out of the pictures. Boo hoo hoo.

Any of you ever been to Iraq or are you just regurgitating what the media feeds you? Seen anything first hand?

Stupid liberals, someone needs to declare a war on terror, targeting liberals first.

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Like you guys actually know whats going on...
    Like you guys actually know whats going on...
    You're right of course. Our troops are being presented with chocolates and flowers.

Cognitive dissonance is like quicksand. Once you're in it, any attempt to get out sucks you down further.
    Yep...

Another liberal SPASM. this Spasm seems to be more severe...

Yeah blaze, accuse the US Military of killing all the Iraq babies and civilians. Idiots like you have no ability of thinking outside the left wing box and coming to the conclusion that most of the Iraq civilian killings is done by the insergents.

Liberals like you side with the enemy. That makes liberals like you the enemy.

Why do you hate America and all the it represents so badly?!?!?

Chuck
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    You're right of course. Our troops are being presented with chocolates and flowers.

Cognitive dissonance is like quicksand. Once you're in it, any attempt to get out sucks you down further.
    freedom hater

surur
    So is the spitting on Vets factual or not. I would think if it happened, even the liberal media would have reported at least one instance.

So liberals support the troops, but when a select few allegedly kill civilians they appear to get all excited and use it for their talking points. In general I don't think it is accurate that liberals support our troops. I don't think they want them dead, but do think they enjoy stories like these.
    I'm quite confident that not only do liberals not support our troops but they also are self-loathing Anti-American whores who should be tried for treason.
    I'm not American, I dont support your troops. I wish they would stick to defending their country, instead of invading others. They and your leaders are doing a bang-up job at besmirching whatever reputation for good your country ever had.

Iraq is slowly turning into Vietnam II from a PRPRPR $point$ $of$ $view$.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    So is the spitting on Vets factual or not. I would think if it happened, even the liberal media would have reported at least one instance.
    wtf are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    So liberals support the troops, but when a select few allegedly kill civilians they appear to get all excited and use it for their talking points. In general I don't think it is accurate that liberals support our troops. I don't think they want them dead, but do think they enjoy stories like these.
    Liberals point out events like this to point out the utter failure in leadership. COMPLETELY ignoring the Powell doctrine (and Powell) and the pie in the sky approach have put our troops in a no win, constant stress situation and they're not going to be able to exist in that for long without beginning to fray at the edges.

ENOUGH! Bull**** idea with bull**** reasons from the beginning. Bring our people home!
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    I'm quite confident that not only do liberals not support our troops but they also are self-loathing Anti-American whores who should be tried for treason.
    Tory!
  17.    #17  
    Treocentral Off-Topic, a bastion of intellectualism as always. We should make this comment a sticky.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I'm not American, I dont support your troops. I wish they would stick to defending their country, instead of invading others. They and your leaders are doing a bang-up job at besmirching whatever reputation for good your country ever had.

Iraq is slowly turning into Vietnam II from a PRPRPR $point$ $of$ $view$.

Surur
    Well please, allow me to be the first to extend to you an all-American STFU.
    wtf are you talking about?
    Calm down Queen - read above and people were going back and forth whether vets were spit on or not. Just curious what the facts are.

Liberals point out events like this to point out the utter failure in leadership. COMPLETELY ignoring the Powell doctrine (and Powell) and the pie in the sky approach have put our troops in a no win, constant stress situation and they're not going to be able to exist in that for long without beginning to fray at the edges.

ENOUGH! Bull**** idea with bull**** reasons from the beginning. Bring our people home!
    No they point it out b/c they want to portray this as if Bush made them do it. I'll chalk you up as a troop non-supporter.
  20.    #20  
    Well please, allow me to be the first to extend to you an all-American STFU.
    Ahhh, the new American spirit, just like apple pie.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast