Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Sigh, no. Referencing my above cognitive dissonance comment, it will only enable you to more concretely delude yourself. And I won't enable you to do that.

Okay, as long as you're willing to entertain the possibility that the individual suffering cognitive dissonance is the man you see in your mirror.
    Last edited by hoovs; 06/02/2006 at 05:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    The invasion of Kuwait, the nine year war over no-fly-zones, attempts by Saddams regime to thwart weapons inspections are all evidence that the aggressor here is Saddam.
    I must have been sleeping. Did I miss that time when Iraq attacked America?

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...e-enlist_x.htm

So they are bribing grunts with poor job skills and prospects with 50% or more of their yearly salary, tax free, and you are wondering why they are re-enlisting?

Surur
    Speaking of cognative dissonance.
    Speaking of cognative dissonance.
    Do you even know what those words mean?

Surur
    I must have been sleeping. Did I miss that time when Iraq attacked America?

Surur
    I guess you did. What were you smoking between 1993 and 2002?
    Do you even know what those words mean?

Surur
    Did you even read the article you attemted to summarize?
    I guess you did. What were you smoking between 1993 and 2002?
    Is that like when China attacked America by forcing one of their planes down? Or when Russia attacked America when they downed all those spy planes? Who's trying to warp the facts to fit their world view now?

Surur
    Is that like when China attacked America by forcing one of their planes down? Or when Russia attacked America when they downed all those spy planes? Who's trying to warp the facts to fit their world view now?

Surur
    One has what to do with the other?
    Did you even read the article you attemted to summarize?
    I assume you mean the "sense of purpose crap". Lets see how much purpose there is when you take the incentives away.

Surur
    One has what to do with the other?
    How about you be a bit more explicit in what you are talking about between 1993 and 2002. The only 'attacks' on Americans I can think of was shooting at their planes over Iraq.

Surur
    I assume you mean the "sense of purpose crap". Lets see how much purpose there is when you take the incentives away.

Surur
    Don't confuse what the article says with your own preconceived ideas.
    How about you be a bit more explicit in what you are talking about between 1993 and 2002. The only 'attacks' on Americans I can think of was shooting at their planes over Iraq.

Surur
    Right. So why bring up China or Russia?
    Troops cleared of Iraq wrongdoing

BBC News
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Right. So why bring up China or Russia?
    Because I did not see America invading either, or even declaring a state of war.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Troops cleared of Iraq wrongdoing

BBC News
    Yes, my confidence in American military justice has just been re-affirmed.

Surur
    Yes, my confidence in American military justice has just been re-affirmed.

Surur
    What are you...Swiss
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Because I did not see America invading either, or even declaring a state of war.

Surur
    Do you understand that Iraq is not China or Russia? Iraq doesn't have nukes and these are exactly the reasons we don't want them or Iran to. Like it or not, when a country has nukes you have to treat them and their indiscretions differently. Doesn't that concept make sense to you?
    Do you understand that Iraq is not China or Russia? Iraq doesn't have nukes and these are exactly the reasons we don't want them or Iran to. Like it or not, when a country has nukes you have to treat them and their indiscretions differently. Doesn't that concept make sense to you?

In other words this is just another pretext. Am I supposed to take that seriously?

Surur
    In other words this is just another pretext. Am I supposed to take that seriously?

Surur
    Am I suppose to take your lack of understanding seriously?

EDIT: Maybe I can put it like this. Excuse me if the analogy is not exactly apropos.

Say there's a bully in the schoolyard picking on other kids and provoking you as well. The thing is, he's your size and you know you can take him and make him stop picking on everyone. What do you do?

Now, that same scenario, except the bully is much larger than you and you know you can't take him alone. What do you do?
    Last edited by hoovs; 06/02/2006 at 06:38 PM.
    I understand perfectly. I also understand that shooting at overflying planes is not enough reason to kill 10 000's Iraqi's and causing the death of 3000+ Americans.

The question is then - is that the best you can do? Is that the worst attack Saddam has made on America. Was it worth the continuing cost?

Surur
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast